Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59

Thread: Tracy Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls

  1. #31
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Tracy Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    There are still pay phones in my city......
    Hell there are still pay phone on my campus. I had to use one once because my cell phone died and people were looking at me like wtf is he doing.

  2. #32
    Professor
    Travelsonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,375

    Re: Tracy Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Hell there are still pay phone on my campus. .
    Same here - and they all have their numbers on the front - which means people call them just to annoy the hell out of others.
    Nationalism in high dosages may be hazardous to your health. Please consult a psychiatrist before beginning a regular regimen, and if feelings of elitism and douchbaggery continue, discontinue immediately before you become unable to do so on your own.

  3. #33
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Tracy Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    There are still pay phones in my city......
    Good luck getting $300 worth of quarters to fit inside it!

    My Fellow Americans:
    I know you guys love low taxes. I love low taxes. Everyone loves low taxes. Sometimes, however, it becomes clear that certain services are being underfunded.

    How about we all agree that there are certain things that must be fully funded, regardless of what that price is?

    LIKE THE ABILITY TO CALL THE POLICE

    Thanks,
    Deuce
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Tracy Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Good luck getting $300 worth of quarters to fit inside it!

    My Fellow Americans:
    I know you guys love low taxes. I love low taxes. Everyone loves low taxes. Sometimes, however, it becomes clear that certain services are being underfunded.

    How about we all agree that there are certain things that must be fully funded, regardless of what that price is?

    LIKE THE ABILITY TO CALL THE POLICE

    Thanks,
    Deuce
    No, I don't agree.....
    Life went on before there was a 911, it will go on without it....
    For instance....
    Everytime 911 is called here for any health emergency, a full size firetruck shows up, along with the cops....
    You should be able to call the police & get the police without dialing 911 as part of the taxes you are already overpaying....

  5. #35
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: Tracy Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    No, I don't agree.....
    Life went on before there was a 911, it will go on without it....
    For instance....
    Everytime 911 is called here for any health emergency, a full size firetruck shows up, along with the cops....
    You should be able to call the police & get the police without dialing 911 as part of the taxes you are already overpaying....

    You can. You just have to know their number.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Tracy Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    No, I don't agree.....
    Life went on before there was a 911, it will go on without it....
    For instance....
    Everytime 911 is called here for any health emergency, a full size firetruck shows up, along with the cops....
    You should be able to call the police & get the police without dialing 911 as part of the taxes you are already overpaying....
    You don't get a fire truck on every call, that is totally incorrect. The dispatchers act as triage according to protocols. Yes, for a fire you get a fullsized firetruck, an ambulance with at least one paramedic, and most likely a cop car.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Tracy Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    You can. You just have to know their number.
    If it's an emergency the police station will put you in to 911. If it's a non-emergency, they'll take the call.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Tracy Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    You don't get a fire truck on every call, that is totally incorrect. The dispatchers act as triage according to protocols. Yes, for a fire you get a fullsized firetruck, an ambulance with at least one paramedic, and most likely a cop car.
    In the City of Seattle, you get one on any health related call......
    If someone slips & falls in QFC a firetruck will respond every time, even if they only need an 'amberlamps'.......
    Don't presume to know the protocalls for every juridiction....
    That would be impossible.....

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Tracy Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    In the City of Seattle, you get one on any health related call......
    If someone slips & falls in QFC a firetruck will respond every time, even if they only need an 'amberlamps'.......
    Don't presume to know the protocalls for every juridiction....
    That would be impossible.....
    You are incorrect: [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_&_King_County_Medic_One_System]Seattle & King County Medic One System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]


    Medic One is a dynamic layered response system. A Medic One response to an emergency begins with a telephone call to 9-1-1. Calls are transferred from a primary call taker to emergency medical call taker who gathers information from the caller, gives instructions to the caller, and determines what types of emergency personnel to send. For very serious and life threatening emergencies firefighters trained in basic life support and paramedics trained in advanced life support respond simultaneously. Paramedics transport patients in critical condition. For less severe emergencies only firefighters will be dispatched. Basic life support personnel from either a fire department or private ambulance company transport non-critical patients.

  10. #40
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Tracy Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    No, I don't agree.....
    Life went on before there was a 911, it will go on without it....
    For instance....
    Everytime 911 is called here for any health emergency, a full size firetruck shows up, along with the cops....
    You should be able to call the police & get the police without dialing 911 as part of the taxes you are already overpaying....
    You literally will oppose anything just because a liberal said it.

    I could say "i like puppies" and you would stand up and say ALL DOGS ARE EVIL AND SHOULD BE EXTERMINATED.

    I then say "You're right! Kill the dogs!" And you'd respond "WHAT? YOU MONSTER! I LOVE DOGS AND WOULD NEVER HURT THEM!"

    This is you.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •