Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 107

Thread: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

  1. #71
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Since I'm a member of the community of people with family members with special needs (granted not a parent), I think I do have a chance to criticize people who overreact. I think a lot of people overreacted to Robert Downey Jr.'s speech in TROPIC THUNDER; and I actually wrote one of the organizations my family belongs to them to tell them so.

    Overreacting doesn't do anything to change things. This is the third poor reaction over this issue from her in a very short amount of time. First, she overreacted about Emmanuel. Then she said that it was okay for Rush to call people with special needs "retards". Now this.

    You're not playing the victim, but she sure the hell is. She even justified Rush's use of the word because "it was satire". THEN, she criticizes a show that IS satire.
    I agree. You have to pick your battles, and be consistent and logical in your reasons for criticizing who you criticize for it.

    And of course, Palin is failing miserably. Is anyone surprised that Palin totally lacks consistency or logic, and is attacking Democrats while letting right winger's slide? She's an idiot and a partisan.

  2. #72
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    To VanceMack: (for some reason the quote mechanism doesn't seem to be working).

    I wasn't offended by what you said. I was just concerned.

    I'm honestly not that easily offended (at least not by people here or most average people). If I'm bothered by something someone says, I'll try to correct them.

    I simply thought (from - as I stated - misunderstanding your post) that you sincerely thought gay kids didn't get made fun of. Just was wanting to provide you facts to the otherwise.

    Wasn't upset. Just making sure you had the facts.

    Kind of moot anyway, since I simply misunderstood the point you were trying to make.

  3. #73
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Well it sure does SEEM spun up...

    Im sorry...attacking ANYONES kids is going to get a response. People tend to take it seriously. YOU make the point...
    delivery, delivery, delivery, I was not responding to an attack, I was responding to a post that came across as being deliberately hateful.

    One week she dismisses Rush using the term retard because it is satire, the next she is up in arms because of satire, she has already shown inconsistency and selective outrage on the topic, I do not buy it one bit.

    As the lady who actually delivered the line in the Family Guy episode states

    I thought the line "I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska" was very funny. I think the word is "sarcasm".


    In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life. My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  4. #74
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Looks like a setup to me. That's why they hired her, no other reason.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #75
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    To VanceMack: (for some reason the quote mechanism doesn't seem to be working).

    I wasn't offended by what you said. I was just concerned.

    I'm honestly not that easily offended (at least not by people here or most average people). If I'm bothered by something someone says, I'll try to correct them.

    I simply thought (from - as I stated - misunderstanding your post) that you sincerely thought gay kids didn't get made fun of. Just was wanting to provide you facts to the otherwise.

    Wasn't upset. Just making sure you had the facts.

    Kind of moot anyway, since I simply misunderstood the point you were trying to make.

    he is getting the misunderstanding of what he is writing thing a lot it seems, I agree with the above.

    I was just thin king along similar lines myself, my apologies as well.

    On that note: you may want to learn about using smilies or indicating your humor as opposed to deadpan deliveries there VanceMack
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  6. #76
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Family guy works under the maxim "its ok a cartoon is saying it".Im not complaining it is funny but it doesnt have balls like south park does.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  7. #77
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Looks like a setup to me. That's why they hired her, no other reason.
    Or it could be that it's respectful to hire an actor with DS to play a character with DS.

    Are you another one suggesting that she lacks the capability of understanding what she was doing? If so, then you're falling down the same path as the very people you all are criticizing.

  8. #78
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Looks like a setup to me. That's why they hired her, no other reason.
    Those kooky Family Guy producers and their wild conspiracy antics.

  9. #79
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,691

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Damn right. I have one, and hell hath no fury. The absolute last kind of person anyone should be making fun of are little kids with special needs, they're the most innocent on Earth. So if you **** with my kid, you **** with me.

    That said, Palin's an idiot and also a huge hypocrite for excusing Limbaugh for doing the same thing. And I think it's awesome that someone who actually has DS is involved in this, and on the side of humor. Palin got nailed on this one.
    My folks went to hell and back for us when they thought it necessary.

    Again, if it were not for her personality quirks and probably her whatever brand of conservatism, Palin would get roaring applause from these folks. They like mothers in her situation to have the (I have no better way of putting this) biggest pair of testicles you could find. It draws applause, whistles, screams, yelps, whatever. They like that sort of stuff. And who can blame them?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    I am a person with a disability called Vfcs, so I also have a right to tell people to chill out about these things. Basically, I do have special needs. However, I am in college working my ass off to, become a Video game designer. To say, we are incapable of opinions is stupid, and wrong.


    My mother never used me to score political points, but she did tech me to stand up for my rights as a normal human being. I have turned out pretty well, because of what she taught me, and she is a democrat. My parents also taught me to treat people with respect. However, some of you don't seem to have that in you, and yet you call this young woman incompetent for stated her thoughts is down right wrong. At least I don't say people are incompetent when I disagree with them.
    Last edited by RyrineaHaruno; 02-19-10 at 10:22 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •