Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 107

Thread: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

  1. #61
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    It's lose, dude.
    She's not a dude, dude!

  2. #62
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Sure...but being adult doesn't make them not a politician's child. In my life, I've seen a lot of parents who are still pretty protective of their adult children.

  3. #63
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Oh I TRULY was NOT AT ALL being humorous. I was being very biting and sarcastic.

    OH WAIT...I get it...you think Seth McFarland was just sharing a joke with Sarah Palin...and she took it wrong...right? Bullsh##...err....BS. He was being snarky and snippy and irreverent and thought it would be great humor for HIM to attack HER by implying her daughter is a retard. FUN!
    He was not sharing a joke with her, he was sharing it with his audience, and it was funny. satire and irony and biting scarcastic humor works, when your audience knows it.

    When an isolated is not isolated by a known track record of being funny and reads about "retards making fun od retards" and is delivered deadpan, it is not readily interpreted as being funny, it read as a deliberate spiteful remark, delivered properly it could have been funny, ad i would have laughed



    You are coming from so many sides its just not even funny.
    only side I am coming from is that there is a difference between deliberate hate speech (which is how your post read), and making a big fuss over a joke.

    "my mom was governor of alaska" - couched in a comedy show renown for satirical humor, and it was funny.

    "Nice...a retard who is only hired BECAUSE she is a retard being used to make fun of a politicians retarded kid.." - delivered deadpan by an unknown person in a random internet debate site is not so obviously funny, it reads as deliberately hateful. (especially when you then go on and continue hateful posts about peoples fat asses ect, your tone is 100% hateful, how can we automatically know the difference?)

    I AGREE...Ms Palin isnt doing herself any favors. I AGREE...its probably been blown out of proportion. But look how spun up YOU are...and no one implied your daughter was a slut ALA David Letterman or a retard ALA Seth McFarland.

    Point is simple...attack politicians...thats a time honored tradition. Leave their families and especially their children out of it.
    I am not spun up at all, I am just pointing out that your post came across as being offensive, and illustrating the difference between what the show did and your statement, and there is a HUGE difference, so sorry if you fail to see it.
    Last edited by marduc; 02-19-10 at 08:57 PM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  4. #64
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    You don't wear your indigence well. All of this dismay is so obviously an attempt to score political points.
    Do you even know what that word means because you couldn't have used it more poorly.

    Let's play victim, victim, victim!
    Exactly how is it playing vicitim to point out it is offensive to those who have kids born this way? Explain your bs.

    Denigrate hate crimes legislation; deride political correctness; but let's get our panties in a knot when a functioning actress with Downs Syndrome makes a joke about your Goddess-upon-a-Moose.
    Boy do you have a reading comprehension problem. Take a deep breath and try to follow along because I'm running out of crayons to help you out.

    The point I made was not about the joke but attacking someone who actually does have a child with this illness if they take offense.

    Next time try to actually read the replies before your emotions take over.


    Isn't there a gay cowboys eating pudding movie you need to get back to?
    Last edited by texmaster; 02-19-10 at 09:02 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #65
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Sure...but being adult doesn't make them not a politician's child. In my life, I've seen a lot of parents who are still pretty protective of their adult children.
    I understand, but the issue in this thread is whether it's appropriate to make fun of a candidate's innocent child because of what the candidate does. It's an entirely different issue when the child is a grown adult.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #66
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    On the other hand, I believe it is sincere outrage. Parents love their kids to death (usually, and duh, Fiddy, no crap, right?), but there is an added sense of dedication (typically, anyways) from those parents who have a special needs child.
    Damn right. I have one, and hell hath no fury. The absolute last kind of person anyone should be making fun of are little kids with special needs, they're the most innocent on Earth. So if you **** with my kid, you **** with me.

    That said, Palin's an idiot and also a huge hypocrite for excusing Limbaugh for doing the same thing. And I think it's awesome that someone who actually has DS is involved in this, and on the side of humor. Palin got nailed on this one.
    Last edited by misterman; 02-19-10 at 09:04 PM.

  7. #67
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,694

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    I never said that you made a slight against gay kids. I misunderstood your point and thought you assumed that gay kids didn't get made fun of. I was merely pointing out that (as I interpreted your point) you were inaccurate (I've since figured out that you meant something different since you posted otherwise).

    And I damn well know that children with Downs Syndrome and other disabilities get made fun of. As I stated in the other thread on this, I have an uncle who is severely mentally retarded. I can be very sensitive to the issue. In this particular case, Trig wasn't being made fun of, though. So I have no need to join Palin's camp. She's merely using her child again in an attempt to score political points. Something she's willing to do with impunity.

    So, no. You score no points with me.

    If you come close, it's only based on the fact that I misinterpreted your point. Much like Palin misinterpreted Family Guy.
    Nope...no points. But...ya know...the FACT that you kneejerk jumped in there...DOES pretty much look a lot like the same thing...where NO OFFENSE was made you flew in with toes pointed...

  8. #68
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,694

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Damn right. I have one, and hell hath no fury. The absolute last kind of person anyone should be making fun of are little kids with special needs, they're the most innocent on Earth. So if you **** with my kid, you **** with me.

    That said, Palin's an idiot and also a huge hypocrite for excusing Limbaugh for doing the same thing.
    On that we agree!

  9. #69
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,694

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    He was not sharing a joke with her, he was sharing it with his audience, and it was funny. satire and irony and biting scarcastic humor works, when your audience knows it.

    When an isolated is not isolated by a known track record of being funny and reads about "retards making fun od retards" and is delivered deadpan, it is not readily interpreted as being funny, it read as a deliberate spiteful remark, delivered properly it could have been funny, ad i would have laughed





    only side I am coming from is that there is a difference between deliberate hate speech (which is how your post read), and making a big fuss over a joke.

    "my mom was governor of alaska" - couched in a comedy show renown for satirical humor, and it was funny.

    "Nice...a retard who is only hired BECAUSE she is a retard being used to make fun of a politicians retarded kid.." - delivered deadpan by an unknown person in a random internet debate site is not so obviously funny, it reads as deliberately hateful. (especially when you then go on and continue hateful posts about peoples fat asses ect, your tone is 100% hateful, how can we automatically know the difference?)



    I am not spun up at all, I am just pointing out that your post came across as being offensive, and illustrating the difference between what the show did and your statement, and there is a HUGE difference, so sorry if you fail to see it.
    Well it sure does SEEM spun up...

    Im sorry...attacking ANYONES kids is going to get a response. People tend to take it seriously. YOU make the point...

  10. #70
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Do you even know what that word means because you couldn't have used it more poorly.
    Oops! Meant to say indignation. It's been a long week.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Exactly how is it playing vicitim to point out it is offensive to those who have kids born this way? Explain your bs.
    I have family member born this way. If you're going to get upset every time someone says something untoward, then you're going to spend a lot of your life upset all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Boy do you have a reading comprehension problem. Take a deep breath and try to follow along because I'm running out of crayons to help you out.

    The point I made was not about the joke but attacking someone who actually does have a child with this illness if they take offense.

    Next time try to actually read the replies before your emotions take over.
    Since I'm a member of the community of people with family members with special needs (granted not a parent), I think I do have a chance to criticize people who overreact. I think a lot of people overreacted to Robert Downey Jr.'s speech in TROPIC THUNDER; and I actually wrote one of the organizations my family belongs to them to tell them so.

    Overreacting doesn't do anything to change things. This is the third poor reaction over this issue from her in a very short amount of time. First, she overreacted about Emmanuel. Then she said that it was okay for Rush to call people with special needs "retards". Now this.

    You're not playing the victim, but she sure the hell is. She even justified Rush's use of the word because "it was satire". THEN, she criticizes a show that IS satire.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •