Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 107

Thread: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

  1. #51
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Sigh...context please...

    Can you point to ANY TV show where a politician is attacked through their gay child?
    You realize that by the time most people acknowledge that they're gay, they're no longer "children," right?

    Why don't you name me some politicians with gay toddlers and then I'll start defaming them. Everybody wins.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #52
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    I have thick skin and a sense of humor.. you missed, and your delivery sucked, if it was intended at being humorous, it lacked any and all potential indicators, it came across as being completely serious.
    Oh I TRULY was NOT AT ALL being humorous. I was being very biting and sarcastic.

    OH WAIT...I get it...you think Seth McFarland was just sharing a joke with Sarah Palin...and she took it wrong...right? Bullsh##...err....BS. He was being snarky and snippy and irreverent and thought it would be great humor for HIM to attack HER by implying her daughter is a retard. FUN!

    You are coming from so many sides its just not even funny.

    I AGREE...Ms Palin isnt doing herself any favors. I AGREE...its probably been blown out of proportion. But look how spun up YOU are...and no one implied your daughter was a slut ALA David Letterman or a retard ALA Seth McFarland.

    Point is simple...attack politicians...thats a time honored tradition. Leave their families and especially their children out of it.

  3. #53
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    You realize that by the time most people acknowledge that they're gay, they're no longer "children," right?

    Why don't you name me some politicians with gay toddlers and then I'll start defaming them. Everybody wins.
    MAybe you missed it...another poster pointed out that if someone had attacked A POLITICIAN THROUGH THEIR GAY CHILD, THE RESPONSE REGARDING THAT POLITICIAN would likely be very different. Stay with the class.

  4. #54
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    MAybe you missed it...another poster pointed out that if someone had attacked A POLITICIAN THROUGH THEIR GAY CHILD, THE RESPONSE REGARDING THAT POLITICIAN would likely be very different. Stay with the class.
    I'm not sure why you think that's incompatible with my comment.

    Someone said that if the media attacked a politician's gay child, it would be treated differently.

    You said that it wouldn't, because politician's gay children are never attacked.

    I pointed out that that's because there are few/no politicians with gay "children." Thus, the fact that they're never attacked proves absolutely nothing about how the media would respond to such an attack.

    Clearer?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    You like so many others have confused education for intelligence and intellect, they do not go hand in hand, and if she were of normal intelligence it still wouldn't excuse the bad joke.

    If you want need another example look no further than Obama. Lots of education no practical experience at anything and intellectually changed and lacks the intelligence to seek the help he needs from qualified people.

    Exceptions are made for people with mental challenges that allow them to make it through school and make them feel like everyone else and that's fine, but don't think for a minute they are held to the same standard as the rest of the population.
    Oh, so that's what you meant when you said that she was intellectually incapable of understanding what was going on! She's just too damn educated for her own good!

    Okay, then.

    Your back-pedaling ain't fooling anyone, just so you know.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  6. #56
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I'm not sure why you think that's incompatible with my comment.

    Someone said that if the media attacked a politician's gay child, it would be treated differently.

    You said that it wouldn't, because politician's gay children are never attacked.

    I pointed out that that's because there are few/no politicians with gay "children." Thus, the fact that they're never attacked proves absolutely nothing about how the media would respond to such an attack.

    Clearer?
    Nope...I think you are missing THEIR point...it would be EXPECTED that a politician defend their gay child if they were impuned. But it isnt likely to happen.

  7. #57
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I'm not sure why you think that's incompatible with my comment.

    Someone said that if the media attacked a politician's gay child, it would be treated differently.

    You said that it wouldn't, because politician's gay children are never attacked.

    I pointed out that that's because there are few/no politicians with gay "children." Thus, the fact that they're never attacked proves absolutely nothing about how the media would respond to such an attack.

    Clearer?
    Uhh...Dick Cheney, Dick Gephardt, Alan Keyes...

    That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty more. But there doesn't seem to be a website compiling that list.

  8. #58
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Uhh...Dick Cheney, Dick Gephardt, Alan Keyes...

    That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty more. But there doesn't seem to be a website compiling that list.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058574235
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #59
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    You are joking, right?

    In case you're not: please read:
    Mental Health America: Bullying and Gay Youth

    The average gay youth is verbally harassed every 14 minutes at school.
    Hey...FilmFestGuy...was that a DEFENSIVE POSTURE you assumed in response to what you perceived as a slight on gay kids?

    I assume YOU TOO are in Ms Palins camp now...

    2 for 2...

  10. #60
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Hey...FilmFestGuy...was that a DEFENSIVE POSTURE you assumed in response to what you perceived as a slight on gay kids?

    I assume YOU TOO are in Ms Palins camp now...

    2 for 2...
    I never said that you made a slight against gay kids. I misunderstood your point and thought you assumed that gay kids didn't get made fun of. I was merely pointing out that (as I interpreted your point) you were inaccurate (I've since figured out that you meant something different since you posted otherwise).

    And I damn well know that children with Downs Syndrome and other disabilities get made fun of. As I stated in the other thread on this, I have an uncle who is severely mentally retarded. I can be very sensitive to the issue. In this particular case, Trig wasn't being made fun of, though. So I have no need to join Palin's camp. She's merely using her child again in an attempt to score political points. Something she's willing to do with impunity.

    So, no. You score no points with me.

    If you come close, it's only based on the fact that I misinterpreted your point. Much like Palin misinterpreted Family Guy.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •