Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 107

Thread: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

  1. #21
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,693

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    There are a lot of people in the movement do about the same behavior. That type of gung-ho behavior by Palin in 2008 sparked my interest, because that was exactly the type of gung-ho behavior that should normally attract the movement to a person.

    Do I think there is a lack of taste from Palin? Oh, most definitely. I do not like her because of it. To me, she takes politics into Jerry Springer territory.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 02-19-10 at 07:12 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #22
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    We adopted special needs, I don't use our kids to club people I disagree with over the head with. Its my understanding that John McCain adopted special needs, but I don't ever recall him ever even bringing it up, much less whoring her out to demagogue with. You would be surprised how many famous people and people in politics have special needs kids, yet whoring them out to demagogue with seems to be pretty much unique to Sarah Palin.
    How was presenting her family any different than Obama presenting his? Or Gore his? How did whe 'whore out' her retarded kid? She presented her whole family and it just so happens that her family is...shocking...a lot like a LOT of American families...but because a daughter had a child out of wed lock and had to deal with teen preganancy and another child had downs, she should have kept them under the rug?

    Face it...she couldnt win...you would hate her no matter what she did...solely because she is a republican.

    I guess I see your point tho...Mo' Bama, the new Obesity Czar just whored out her little chunksters too...which was ironic consider Mo's ass couldnt fit in a Prius without a sidecar...

  3. #23
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,693

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Obama has not really talked about his family in the same style. But the point is, I think a lot of people in the special needs community just like that declarative style of how she would be supportive and a huge political advocate in Washington.

    Afterwards it probably became tainted by all of the other things Palin would personally get attached to, but I think the style is complementary to what people really wanted to hear in that demographic.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #24
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,410

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    How was presenting her family any different than Obama presenting his? Or Gore his? How did whe 'whore out' her retarded kid? She presented her whole family and it just so happens that her family is...shocking...a lot like a LOT of American families...but because a daughter had a child out of wed lock and had to deal with teen preganancy and another child had downs, she should have kept them under the rug?
    Who is criticizing her for presenting her family? Everyone does that. What you don't seem to get is there is a difference between me taking my family to work one day and introducing them to everyone, and me telling my coworkers that I disagree with that they would setup death panels to kill my special needs kids, or clubbing them over the head with my special needs kids anytime they used the term "spaz". You pretty much relegate yourself to piece of **** territory as a parent when you start whoring your kids out like that.

    Now you might be so blind as to not see that, but most people do, and thats why most people don't care for her.
    Last edited by SouthernDemocrat; 02-19-10 at 07:19 PM.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  5. #25
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    gay children are made fun of? Really? I dont see that.
    South Park Episode Player - South Park Is Gay
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #26
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Who is criticizing her for presenting her family? Everyone does that. What you don't seem to get is there is a difference between me taking my family to work one day and introducing them to everyone, and me telling my coworkers that I disagree with that they would setup death panels to kill my special needs kids, or clubbing them over the head with my special needs kids anytime they used the term "spaz". You pretty much relegate yourself to piece of **** territory as a parent when you start whoring your kids out like that.

    Now you might be so blind as to not see that, but most people do, and thats why most people don't care for her.
    SD...lets be very honest you and me...OK? Im ABSOLUTELY FINE if you say Palin whored her children...provided you also say Gore whored his kids...and B and Mo' Bama whore their kids out all the time, and oh...well...pretty much EVERY politician that has run for national office.

    I AM NOT a Palin fan. i dont think she has any business being on the national stage...she just isnt ready. then again...I dont CARE either.

    But things cut both ways. Lets ridicule fat people and the Obama piglets for their daliance with Obesity and lets make sure we slam Mo'Bama and her enormous ass for presenting her children to the world as poster children for obesity prevention.

  7. #27
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,693

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Yeah, Parker & Stone make fun of everything, including themselves. Ah.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  8. #28
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,693

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    SD...lets be very honest you and me...OK? Im ABSOLUTELY FINE if you say Palin whored her children...provided you also say Gore whored his kids...and B and Mo' Bama whore their kids out all the time, and oh...well...pretty much EVERY politician that has run for national office.

    I AM NOT a Palin fan. i dont think she has any business being on the national stage...she just isnt ready. then again...I dont CARE either.

    But things cut both ways. Lets ridicule fat people and the Obama piglets for their daliance with Obesity and lets make sure we slam Mo'Bama and her enormous ass for presenting her children to the world as poster children for obesity prevention.
    His girls look fit and so does his wife. Am I missing something here other than an internet user's grave hostility?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #29
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Do any of those episodes ridicule Mo'Bama and the fat little Obama kids?

    Again...I GOTS a sense of humor. I laugh at myself...I take shots at me...no worries. Nothing anyone can say about me that I wont or havent said about myself. And as a politician Palin should expect the hits too. Just not the attacks at her kids. Not attacks AT her THROUGH her kids. And in that I think she has the RIGHT to be upset...I just dont think its the smartest thing for her to do.

    Kids of politicians are supposed to be off limits.

  10. #30
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    His girls look fit and so does his wife. Am I missing something here other than an internet user's grave hostility?
    Hostility? Posh!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •