Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 107

Thread: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

  1. #91
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why do you liberals make so many threads about Palin?

    Really, I am tired of Palin. I am tired of her "poor victimized me and my family", tired of her constant whining and bitching, tired of everything she does. Some one get back to me when she does something of note, and does not simply bitch because soandso is not PC enough(despite her being against PC), or some one made fun of her and she don't like it. Then I might care. Right now, I am burnt out on her bigtime. I really wish she would get out of the spotlight for awhile, but I doubt she will before Nov 2012.
    She's like any 13 yearold girl. She is made more powerful by being picked on.

  2. #92
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Oops! Meant to say indignation. It's been a long week.
    And where did I show anger?

    I have family member born this way. If you're going to get upset every time someone says something untoward, then you're going to spend a lot of your life upset all the time.
    #1 I'm not upset

    #2 You didn't answer the question: Exactly how is it playing victim to point out it is offensive to those who have kids born this way?

    #3 This wasn't about being upset. You attacked her claiming she was playing the victim. Try to stay on subject. You don't get to flip your argument just because you can't defend it.

    Since I'm a member of the community of people with family members with special needs (granted not a parent), I think I do have a chance to criticize people who overreact. I think a lot of people overreacted to Robert Downey Jr.'s speech in TROPIC THUNDER; and I actually wrote one of the organizations my family belongs to them to tell them so.

    Overreacting doesn't do anything to change things. This is the third poor reaction over this issue from her in a very short amount of time. First, she overreacted about Emmanuel. Then she said that it was okay for Rush to call people with special needs "retards". Now this.

    You're not playing the victim, but she sure the hell is. She even justified Rush's use of the word because "it was satire". THEN, she criticizes a show that IS satire.
    I don't care if your entire family is made up of people with this disability. It doesn't give you the right to attack someone who does find offense when they also have family members with this disability especially when they are the subject line.

    and exactly how has she "overreacted? Is she having town halls demanding family guy be thrown off the air? Is she leading protests outside their headquarters? You throw around that word just because she said it was hurtful? Thats all it takes or are you so blinded with partisanship and hatred for this woman you can't see past it?




    They attacked her son with a disability because they don't like her politics. Its unbelievable that you and other liberals would excuse it just because you don't like her politics either.

    But then again I'm asking you to fall back on some sort of basic morality which many liberals don't believe in anyway so its probably a waste of time to try to get you to understand.
    Last edited by texmaster; 02-20-10 at 12:34 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #93
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Those kooky Family Guy producers and their wild conspiracy antics.
    Oh come on. You really think they didn't hire her because they knew what the reaction would be? Are you really that naive?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #94
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why do you liberals make so many threads about Palin?

    Really, I am tired of Palin. I am tired of her "poor victimized me and my family", tired of her constant whining and bitching, tired of everything she does. Some one get back to me when she does something of note, and does not simply bitch because soandso is not PC enough(despite her being against PC), or some one made fun of her and she don't like it. Then I might care. Right now, I am burnt out on her bigtime. I really wish she would get out of the spotlight for awhile, but I doubt she will before Nov 2012.
    Because tolerance and understanding for many liberals is only reserved for those that think exactly like they do.

    Attacking someone's child because you don't like their politics is perfectly acceptable as long as its the other side of the coin.


    I truly believe Bill Clinton should be tried and hung for treason for allowing China to leap ahead 50 years overnight in missile technology for campaign funding that the DNC itself had to give back after they were convicted for taking it. His morality was some of the worst a sitting president has ever displayed and he drug this country through the gutter because he wasn't man enough to admit his affairs. His international policies made us far less safe up to the point 9.11 was conceived under his reign and people flown in country before Bush ever took office.

    As much as I hate the man, if he had a child with a disability and a show made fun of that child, it would be wrong, period. I dont care if they hired 50 children with the same disability to approve the line or deliver it. There is no moral justification for attacking the child of a politician because you don't like the parent. And there is certainly no right to judge the parent's reaction when their child is attacked for political reasons.
    Last edited by texmaster; 02-20-10 at 12:43 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #95
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Mo' Bama, the new Obesity Czar just whored out her little chunksters too...which was ironic consider Mo's ass couldnt fit in a Prius without a sidecar...
    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Lets ridicule fat people and the Obama piglets for their daliance with Obesity
    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Do any of those episodes ridicule Mo'Bama and the fat little Obama kids?
    "Chunksters?" "Piglets?" "Fat?" Really?

  6. #96
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    .... I'll take a page out of the FOX News defender play book and say that you obviously have never watched Family Guy. All the characters on that show have been ridiculed in one way or another for situations in which they've engaged in homosexual relationships.

    YouTube- 10 hints that Stewie Griffin is Gay
    Not to mention the whole episode where Peter got injected with the "gay gene"

  7. #97
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    And where did I show anger?



    #1 I'm not upset

    #2 You didn't answer the question: Exactly how is it playing victim to point out it is offensive to those who have kids born this way?

    #3 This wasn't about being upset. You attacked her claiming she was playing the victim. Try to stay on subject. You don't get to flip your argument just because you can't defend it.
    I was talking about the general you. Not you specifically.



    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I don't care if your entire family is made up of people with this disability. It doesn't give you the right to attack someone who does find offense when they also have family members with this disability especially when they are the subject line.

    and exactly how has she "overreacted? Is she having town halls demanding family guy be thrown off the air? Is she leading protests outside their headquarters? You throw around that word just because she said it was hurtful? Thats all it takes or are you so blinded with partisanship and hatred for this woman you can't see past it?

    They attacked her son with a disability because they don't like her politics. Its unbelievable that you and other liberals would excuse it just because you don't like her politics either.

    But then again I'm asking you to fall back on some sort of basic morality which many liberals don't believe in anyway so its probably a waste of time to try to get you to understand.
    You completely miss the point. They didn't attack her son at all. Not at all. She views it that way because it suits her need to play victim. She plays the victim whenever she can. When she's asked what magazines she reads, it's "the media trying to get her". When someone says she lacks experience and leaves positions before completing them, it's "sexism". She brings her kids out to score points on being a great mom, but when someone says that her abstinence-only beliefs don't work, you're supposed to "leave her kids alone".

    The partisanship is in saying Emmanuel should be fired for saying "retarded," but when Rush says "retard" and it's "satire". Then, when a show which IS satire says something (and they never said "retard" or "retarded" - in fact, most organizations for the mentally challenged considered the character to strong and vibrant and far from stereotypical), she gets offended.

    She's selectively offended when it suits her political needs. It's disingenuous and it's so OBVIOUS, unless you worship her like a Goddess.

  8. #98
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    It's lose, dude.
    Well people that don't tighten his respect.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  9. #99
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    I'm still suggesting that Seth is a complete pig and ass of a human being (and he is a whiny liberal at that-but not necessarily because of Palin..it's the other episodes) for doing it, and well, for doing almost anything in that show, but I do like to keep comedy just a tish separated from political correctness.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #100
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Because tolerance and understanding for many liberals is only reserved for those that think exactly like they do.

    Attacking someone's child because you don't like their politics is perfectly acceptable as long as its the other side of the coin.


    I truly believe Bill Clinton should be tried and hung for treason for allowing China to leap ahead 50 years overnight in missile technology for campaign funding that the DNC itself had to give back after they were convicted for taking it. His morality was some of the worst a sitting president has ever displayed and he drug this country through the gutter because he wasn't man enough to admit his affairs. His international policies made us far less safe up to the point 9.11 was conceived under his reign and people flown in country before Bush ever took office.

    As much as I hate the man, if he had a child with a disability and a show made fun of that child, it would be wrong, period. I dont care if they hired 50 children with the same disability to approve the line or deliver it. There is no moral justification for attacking the child of a politician because you don't like the parent. And there is certainly no right to judge the parent's reaction when their child is attacked for political reasons.
    This has exactly zero to do with what you quoted me saying. Keep up the good work there.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •