Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Tea party planner says she made 'hanging' remarks

  1. #11
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,555

    Re: Tea party planner says she made 'hanging' remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Same people, different political philosophy. Crazies are everywhere.
    Yea, so why call them out? They're not important enough, on either side, period. They just want us to do what we are doing now, be childish about it. And I say this as a guy who, for the most part, has refrained from making threads trying to generalize one side or the other. There are intelligent people in the Tea Party movement, doctors, lawyers, teachers, veterens, etc. and likewise, there are not smart people. Not all of them are crazy or racist, and neither are those who follow the anarchist philosophy.

    This lady is stupid, ignore her as you would ignore the above anarchist protestors.

  2. #12
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Tea party planner says she made 'hanging' remarks

    Hautey's right. She obviously was completely sincere and not in any way meaning it figuratively, the proof is obvious for anyone that looks at those Tea Parties. I mean, the legions of hung corpses that follow wherever they have their events is evident enough. Why just last month there were over 1,000 hanging deaths in this country attributed to Tea Parties....

    ...wait, hold on, I'm getting some breaking news...

    ...You say that there's been no hangings attributed to Tea Partiers? You say there's been zero evidence or history of even any attempts at hanging people by Tea Partiers?

    But, that doesn't make any sense! Hautey implied this shouldn't be a surprise, that this is just what Tea Parties organizers do, and there's no reason not to assume the person was serious. I mean, if Hautey is telling us this it must be true!



    It was a ridiculously stupid, idiot thing to say by a SINGULAR Tea Party organizer that apparently needs to take some lessons on public speaking and how to articulate their thoughts or get someone with some sense to proof read their speeches. Regardless of the fact that its ABUNDANTLY likely it wasn't meant in a literalistic sense, using rhetoric like that is just dumb.

    Equally dumb is people being worthlessly hyper partisan attempting to use one tea party members stupid attempt at allegory to depict a significant portion of the movement as if they're noose wielding maniacs.

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Tea party planner says she made 'hanging' remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Same people, different political philosophy. Crazies are everywhere.
    Hautey's thanks, and especially his comments, considering the irony of it. yes, same people, different political philosophy. However if some idiot anti-war person organized a protest over in Berkley saying "**** the Troops and Hang Bush" that doesn't constitute the need to take that one loan idiot that's obviously extreme and try to imply that's the norm for "prominent anti-war advocates"

  4. #14
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Tea party planner says she made 'hanging' remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Equally dumb is people being worthlessly hyper partisan attempting to use one tea party members stupid attempt at allegory to depict a significant portion of the movement as if they're noose wielding maniacs.
    But if we stopped trying to pin the actions or words of one person on their entire party or ideology, half the posts on this board would vanish.

  5. #15
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Tea party planner says she made 'hanging' remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Anarchists? Sure. But can you tell us how this relates to a leader within the Tea Party saying they want to hang an elected representative? I guess you won't. You'll just keep posting more silly pictures in hopes that the comparison sticks. Can you show us a single Democratic leader supporting these anarchist posters? I want to see it. I want to see somebody like Nancy Pelosi saying they support killing soldiers. I bet you won't. Why don't you go feed your hamsters? You keep feeding them straws. They look hungry.
    Sure, just as soon as you show me a quote of John Boehner saying that he wants to hang Democrats.

    You're also doing the same thing that people accused the Bush administration of doing re: AQ terrorists we killed. Just like every AQ guy we caught was a "#3 within the organization," every single person who does something bad and is associated with the Tea Party is a "Tea Party Leader."

    I know it makes your criticism sound better, but it's really kind of absurd. This woman is one of a group of organizers who put together a rally with a couple hundred people in some backwater in Washington. Calling her a "Tea Party Leader" is like calling some guy who helps promote a Bum****, Indiana progressive film festival a "Leader of the Progressive movement" and then attributing the idiocy of his comments to the entire Progressive movement and Democratic party at large.

    edit: Yeah, what zyph said.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Tea party planner says she made 'hanging' remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Regardless of the fact that its ABUNDANTLY likely it wasn't meant in a literalistic sense, using rhetoric like that is just dumb.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it is ABUNDANTLY likely. This person sounds like a complete angry nutjob. That does not mean I am saying the majority of tea party members or organizers are nutjobs, I just believe this person to be one.

  7. #17
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Tea party planner says she made 'hanging' remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it is ABUNDANTLY likely. This person sounds like a complete angry nutjob. That does not mean I am saying the majority of tea party members or organizers are nutjobs, I just believe this person to be one.
    Is there any indication this person has a criminal record?

    A history of any kind of violence?

    Has she personally any legitimate threats to a poltiical official?

    Has she had any previous complaints filed against her for threats?

    Do those associated with her have any history with hangings or other extreme violence, particularly against a politician?

    If someone screws up at work and then you find out about it because it screws your ability to do a project and you go "My god I could ****ing kill him" should we assume its not absurd to believe that you're almost 100% likely not LITERALLY meaning you want to kill the person just because you said it based on the lack of additional evidence?

    There is absolutely zero evidence that has been presented to believe, in any way, that she was actually serious and literal in her comment other than people going "Well I mean...she's part of the tea parties!"

    She made a statement that, if serious, could've been considered illegal, about a public figure in a public venue, of which she's later clarified to state it was an allogory, and with no further evidence AT ALL that she meant it literally.

    Yes, its abundantly likely that it wasn't meant literally.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Tea party planner says she made 'hanging' remarks

    I wish we could start arresting people for public stupidity.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Tea party planner says she made 'hanging' remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I wish we could start arresting people for public stupidity.
    You might have the most to fear, Catz Part Deux.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Tea party planner says she made 'hanging' remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You might have the most to fear, Catz Part Deux.
    On what basis do you make this comment, Grant?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •