Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: Watchdog: Iran 'may be working on nuclear warhead'

  1. #21
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Watchdog: Iran 'may be working on nuclear warhead'

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    They have to know that just building a nuke will trigger an attack.
    .... why would they suspect that? We've never done it before. Nobody has. North Korea being the most recent example. They built a nuke and nobody did anything.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #22
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Watchdog: Iran 'may be working on nuclear warhead'

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Men in these positions aren't nearly as religious as they act. Like I said, it's rhetoric to please the fundies.
    You are saying Ahmadinejad has the power over the Mullahs?

    OBL 11/24/02

  3. #23
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Watchdog: Iran 'may be working on nuclear warhead'

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    .... why would they suspect that? We've never done it before. Nobody has. North Korea being the most recent example. They built a nuke and nobody did anything.
    The Israelis have. Osirak. And in Syria.

    OBL 11/24/02

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Watchdog: Iran 'may be working on nuclear warhead'

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    .... why would they suspect that? We've never done it before. Nobody has. North Korea being the most recent example. They built a nuke and nobody did anything.
    That's because they are next door to China & they have nothing anyone wants......

  5. #25
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,157

    Re: Watchdog: Iran 'may be working on nuclear warhead'

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Nobody straps bombs on themselves and walks into daycares to make a political statement either.

    This ain't Russia, China, or the U.S we're talking about here.
    no way would an American citizen pilot his airplane into a federal office building in a suicidal display of political dissatisfaction

    excellent point you have made
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #26
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Watchdog: Iran 'may be working on nuclear warhead'

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    You are saying Ahmadinejad has the power over the Mullahs?
    What? No. I'm saying none of them believe the things that come out of their mouths. They say them because it helps them maintain power.

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    The Israelis have. Osirak. And in Syria.
    Neither Iraq nor Syria have nuclear weapons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    That's because they are next door to China & they have nothing anyone wants......
    And are holding South Korea hostage via artillery tubes pointed at them, but what you say is true.

    However, my point stands. Once a country has a usable nuclear weapon, history shows that it simply will not be attacked in any manner that threatens the power of the regime.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #27
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Watchdog: Iran 'may be working on nuclear warhead'

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no way would an American citizen pilot his airplane into a federal office building in a suicidal display of political dissatisfaction

    excellent point you have made

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Watchdog: Iran 'may be working on nuclear warhead'

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    What? No. I'm saying none of them believe the things that come out of their mouths. They say them because it helps them maintain power.



    Neither Iraq nor Syria have nuclear weapons.



    And are holding South Korea hostage via artillery tubes pointed at them, but what you say is true.

    However, my point stands. Once a country has a usable nuclear weapon, history shows that it simply will not be attacked in any manner that threatens the power of the regime
    .
    That's the reason I don't think it will be allowed.......

  9. #29
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Watchdog: Iran 'may be working on nuclear warhead'

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    To be fair, I don't believe Iran has a history of using suicide bombers.
    Apparently you've never heard of the basij volunteers during the Iran/Iraq War?

    During the Iran–Iraq War tens of thousands of young Basij were killed on the battlefield. Believing that they were holy martyrs and chanting songs about the Battle of Karbala, in which the Imam Hussein, died a heroic death, the basij cleared minefields as “human waves” so that more experienced soldiers could advance against the enemy.[10] The Basij reportedly marched into battle marking their expected entry to heaven by wearing plastic "keys to paradise" around their necks.

    Most Basij members were between 12 and 18 years old. They went enthusiastically to their own destruction. “The young men cleared the mines with their own bodies,” a veteran of the Iran-Iraq War recalled: “It was sometimes like a race. Even without the commander’s orders, everyone wanted to be the first.”[1]

    The human wave tactic was implemented in the following way: The barely armed children and teenagers had to move continuously forward in perfectly straight rows. It did not matter whether they fell as canon fodder to enemy fire or detonated the mines with their bodies. The important thing was that the Basij continued to move forward over the torn and mutilated remains of their fallen comrades, going to their death in wave after wave. “They come toward our positions in huge hordes with their fists swinging,” an Iraqi officer complained in the summer of 1982. “You can shoot down the first wave and then the second. But at some point the corpses are piling up in front of you, and all you want to do is scream and throw away your weapon. Those are human beings, after all.”


    [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basij[/ame]
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 02-19-10 at 12:28 AM.

  10. #30
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Watchdog: Iran 'may be working on nuclear warhead'

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Once a country has a usable nuclear weapon, history shows that it simply will not be attacked in any manner that threatens the power of the regime.
    That's why a first strike would have to come before Iran's nuke was operational and everyone (Iran and the US & Israel et al) knows this.

    OBL 11/24/02

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •