Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 87

Thread: Judging Stimulus by Job Data Reveals Success

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Judging Stimulus by Job Data Reveals Success

    unbelievably, overblown obama throws a BIRTHDAY PARTY for his one year old stimulus and blathers on about all the jobs he's blown up like balloons

    TWO MILLION of em, he brags

    except HIS OWN WEBSITE, the now infamous recovery.gov, has LESS THAN A THIRD of that

    Recovery.gov

    LOL!

    that's his own KEYSTONE accounting dept we're talking about here

    and even those klutzes of miscalculation know the bonehead's full of bull

    why, with my bouncing one year old bundle of bailouts, here, don't you know that we just STAVED OFF the second DEPRESSION

    we've RESCUED the economy and SAVED the american way of life!

    never in the history of human endeavor has economic action been taken that's been more smooth, more swift, more targeted, more transparent than my administration's implementation of our lovely stimu... i mean, recovery act

    LOL!

    no one BELIEVES this guy, anymore

    he's an AFFRONT to the intelligence of those of us with tv's

    really, an affront

    LOL!

    party on, progressives

    represent!

    never has the world seen anyone so SMOOTH as president barack husein obama

    be proud

  2. #22
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Judging Stimulus by Job Data Reveals Success

    edit 2:^^ Have you ever in your life typed out the full First, Middle, and Last name of any President in history besides President Obama?

    I bet not. You do it now to bring up SCARY HUSSEIN. As if somehow a middle name received decades before Saddam Hussein even took power was relevant somehow. You should really try to examine your attacks, attacking someone's name just makes you look foolish. edit3: Plus, you spelled it wrong...

    How can people look at that chart and come up with the conclusion that Obama made things worse?

    There is a clear and definitive reversal of trend shown on that chart. It happens right about where the stimulus funds start going out.

    For ****'s sake I swear conservatives can stand next to me and look at the sky, proudly declaring THAT SKY IS IN FACT GREEN. We look at the same facts and come up wildly different conclusions.

    edit: Are you aware that about a third of the stimulus "spending" is in the form of tax cuts?
    Last edited by Deuce; 02-18-10 at 01:01 AM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Judging Stimulus by Job Data Reveals Success

    are you aware that 590,000 is less than a third of two mil?

    are you aware that at 590,000 each job created or saved comes to about half a mil?

    260 bil divided by 600K equals more than 400,000 per job

    no one who can do scientific notation (6th grade) can believe this guy, barack hussein obama
    Last edited by The Prof; 02-18-10 at 01:05 AM.

  4. #24
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Judging Stimulus by Job Data Reveals Success

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    What success? The unemployment rate was 6% before the Messiah took office, the warning was that if we DIDN'T impose that $0.7T "Stimulus" (only 1/3 spent) on the taxpayers, then unemployment would rise to (gasp!!!) 8%.

    The bill was passed.

    Unemployment is now 10%.

    This is the definition of success you accept from your Messiah?

    Well, if you people accept this ass-backwards definition of success, why don't we urge the Messiah to destroy the country and wish him all the success he can get?
    Say what you will, but at least say it with FACTS:

    Unemployment: February '09 (since Obama took over mid-January) - 8.2%
    Unemployment: January '10 - 9.7%

    That's an 18% increase in unemployment. Granted, an increase and not a decrease - so it's only (potential) success is that it staved off even further losses.

    And just a reminder:
    Unemployment: February '01 - 4.2%
    Unemployment: February '09 - 8.2%

    So, under Bush unemployment rose by 95%.

    Slam Obama all you'd like. But use the facts. Unemployment when he took over was 8.2% (I'd even let you use 7.7% - then January '09 rate). But 6% would be a full 50% off reality.
    Last edited by FilmFestGuy; 02-18-10 at 01:16 AM.

  5. #25
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Judging Stimulus by Job Data Reveals Success

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    are you aware that 590,000 is less than a third of two mil?

    are you aware that at 590,000 each job created or saved comes to about half a mil?

    260 bil divided by 600K equals more than 400,000 per job

    no one who can do scientific notation (6th grade) can believe this guy, barack hussein obama
    Excellent job of addressing the points that I made. You really are an excellent debater.

    Don't worry, I'll address yours.

    Of the 260billion "spent" so far, only 74.4billion was in contracts, grants, or loans. Nice twisting of the numbers, though. Also, at 600k jobs number you're looking at?

    Is for a quarter. October 1 - Dec. 31.

    Basically, you didn't even try to understand what you were looking at.

    Now are you going to address any of my points or are you going to spit out some more false information?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #26
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Judging Stimulus by Job Data Reveals Success

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Say what you will, but at least say it with FACTS:

    Unemployment: February '09 (since Obama took over mid-January) - 8.2%
    Unemployment: January '10 - 9.7%

    That's an 18% increase in unemployment. Granted, an increase and not a decrease - so it's only (potential) success is that it staved off even further losses.

    And just a reminder:
    Unemployment: February '01 - 4.2%
    Unemployment: February '09 - 8.2%

    So, under Bush unemployment rose by 95%.

    Slam Obama all you'd like. But use the facts. Unemployment when he took over was 8.2% (I'd even let you use 7.7% - then January '09 rate). But 6% would be a full 50% off reality.
    Not that I disagree with your overall point, but this is a silly way to measure

    The bottom line is, the death spiral our economy was in has leveled off into a fidgety plateau and if the trend continues, it will (we can only hope) start going back up.

    edit: Calling our President "your Messiah" is just as stupid as typing out his full first, middle, and last name. Debate policies and actions, attacking someone's name or your-perception-of-my-perception is just... weak.
    Last edited by Deuce; 02-18-10 at 01:23 AM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Judging Stimulus by Job Data Reveals Success

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Excellent job of addressing the points that I made. You really are an excellent debater.
    addressing your points?

    about middle names?

    and green skies?

    why would anyone want to address that?

    LOL!

  8. #28
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Judging Stimulus by Job Data Reveals Success

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    addressing your points?

    about middle names?

    and green skies?

    why would anyone want to address that?

    LOL!
    Who is reading this forum to you? You should get somebody else. I'll make it really easy for you, since picking out important information is a skill you've proven to lack:

    That chart you were all bashing shows a clear reversal of trend in our economy, starting right about when that stimulus money started to flow.

    So explain to me, how can you look at such a chart and conclude that President Obama has made things worse?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #29
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Judging Stimulus by Job Data Reveals Success

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    How can people look at that chart and come up with the conclusion that Obama made things worse?

    There is a clear and definitive reversal of trend shown on that chart. It happens right about where the stimulus funds start going out.
    Correlation =/= causation
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #30
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Judging Stimulus by Job Data Reveals Success

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Correlation =/= causation
    Economic experts say that the stimulus halted the worst of the decline.

    You say it's all a coincidence and in fact the tax cuts and contracts created by the stimulus package actually made things worse.

    Provide evidence or reasoning to support your assertion.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •