Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 242

Thread: Snow days mean less food for many students

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Snow days mean less food for many students

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I have only presented one position so far and that's that those on public assistance should be required to drug test.
    Can you try arguing that or presenting a position or are you just here to troll with your buddy Ockham?

    By all means, Partisan...show us these great debate skills you seem to have been hiding away since day one...
    If you are going to waste man hours & money on drug tests, you might as well just give them food......

  2. #142
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Snow days mean less food for many students

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I thought food was the topic. I don't understand your point here
    i didn't expect you would.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Snow days mean less food for many students

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    If you are going to waste man hours & money on drug tests, you might as well just give them food......
    I said nothing about not giving them food. Were you making a point?

  4. #144
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Snow days mean less food for many students

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I thought food was the topic. I don't understand your point here
    It's broader than just food... kids won the lunch program are a symptom of a larger issue which is the level of poverty. I suggest cutting the lunch program but the support for getting the family on their feet must be part of that cut or else we'll just be kicking poor people when they're down. Give them tools to better themselves so kids food or foodstamps no longer is the issue and will no longer be needed.

    Cuts and identifying parasites shouldn't be carried out unless we can help those who want the help, out of their predicament.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Snow days mean less food for many students

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I said nothing about not giving them food. Were you making a point?
    I must have missed that amongst, "blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll".....

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Snow days mean less food for many students

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It's broader than just food... kids won the lunch program are a symptom of a larger issue which is the level of poverty. I suggest cutting the lunch program but the support for getting the family on their feet must be part of that cut or else we'll just be kicking poor people when they're down. Give them tools to better themselves so kids food or foodstamps no longer is the issue and will no longer be needed.

    Cuts and identifying parasites shouldn't be carried out unless we can help those who want the help, out of their predicament.
    One thing I have never understood is why we don't have more daycare assistance programs for mothers with young children and more "workfare" type programs that could be used to boost income for families on public assistance while simultaneously creating a source of labor for infrastructure projects.

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Snow days mean less food for many students

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    One thing I have never understood is why we don't have more daycare assistance programs for mothers with young children and more "workfare" type programs that could be used to boost income for families on public assistance while simultaneously creating a source of labor for infrastructure projects.
    Unions, for one.....
    Back in the WPA days, the unions did not have the clout they do now.....
    There are plenty of daycare programs, the real accomplishment would be to keep people from breeding while they are on welfare type assistance....
    Last edited by Partisan; 02-17-10 at 02:00 PM.

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Snow days mean less food for many students

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    I must have missed that amongst, "blah, blah, blah, troll, troll, troll".....
    Yes, I do believe what you missed was a point to make.

    Look, if you're gonna contribute something, do it. If you're gonna bring another of your basement hissy fits upstairs, then let's just go ahead and report it now and get it out of the way.

    Am I being clear?

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Snow days mean less food for many students

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yes, I do believe what you missed was a point to make.

    Look, if you're gonna contribute something, do it. If you're gonna bring another of your basement hissy fits upstairs, then let's just go ahead and report it now and get it out of the way.

    Am I being clear?
    VEGAS RULE VIOLATION.............
    You're the one 'hissy fitting' anyway.....
    Last edited by Partisan; 02-17-10 at 01:58 PM.

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Snow days mean less food for many students

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    VEGAS RULE VIOLATION.............
    You're the one 'hissy fitting' anyway.....
    Fine. reported. And every post off topic will subsequently be reported. I am not going to tolerate this upstairs. Do whatever you want in the other forums, but you will not **** all over the debate forums.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •