Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 87

Thread: Secret Joint Raid Captures Talibanís Top Commander

  1. #41
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Secret Joint Raid Captures Talibanís Top Commander

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    So I guess its pure accident that he is having victories in Afg far beyond anything Bush accomplished in 8 years?
    Thats like claiming you cooked the meal because you brought the dinner rolls. So typical.

    Because he doesn't have a clue about military matters right?
    Now you're getting it!

    And he's just lucky that the troop casualties in Iraq have dropped to almost zero, because he just doesn't understand the military, right?
    Right. He did that himself. It certainly wasn't the years of fighting before he ever got into office.

    Nooooo. They all just magically got better when your Messiah got into office with his months of delay of putting in the troops the generals he asked to run things gave him their recommendations...

    I love liberals like you
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #42
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,719

    Re: Secret Joint Raid Captures Talibanís Top Commander

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Coming from someone with so much experience in that area, I'll have to take it under advisement.

    No, I'm right. Obama has promised civilian rights to terrorists.

    See Underwear bomber. Next time, do some reading before inflicting yourself with another foot in mouth episode



    Please show us where in that article it states Obama has forgone his pledge to give terrorists civilian rights. Go ahead.

    Not that I expect you to answer. You're more of a hit and run away type of debating.
    And so did Bush. The shoe bomber was tried as a civilian. He is in prison. The 20th hijacker was tried as a civilian. He is in prison.

    So what is the difference between the shoe bomber and the underwear bomber, you ask? The answer is simple. The difference is that one of them is being tried during a Democratic administration. Jeez, where was all the fake outrage when the shoe bomber and the 20th hijacker were being tried?

    This whole fake outrage crap is getting a little old.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #43
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Secret Joint Raid Captures Talibanís Top Commander

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    When you go around finding fault in anything that happens under Obama's watch, putting a negative spin on every single story -- you flush your credibility right down the toilet.
    Sounds familer, When you go around finding fault in anything that happens under Bush's watch, putting a negative spin on every single story -- you flush your credibility right down the toilet.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  4. #44
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Secret Joint Raid Captures Talibanís Top Commander

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    And so did Bush. The shoe bomber was tried as a civilian. He is in prison. The 20th hijacker was tried as a civilian. He is in prison.
    So what is the difference between the shoe bomber and the underwear bomber, you ask? The answer is simple. The difference is that one of them is being tried during a Democratic administration. Jeez, where was all the fake outrage when the shoe bomber and the 20th hijacker were being tried?
    Oh groan. Boy I wish you would do the smallest bit of research before posting this tired liberal argument.

    We had not received the Supreme Court's ruling when the 20th hijacker and Richard Reed were charged. We have that ability now under the law to use military tribunals for enemy combatants.


    This whole fake outrage crap is getting a little old.
    So is your severe understanding and knowledge of basic history.
    Last edited by texmaster; 02-16-10 at 02:41 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #45
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,266
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Secret Joint Raid Captures Talibanís Top Commander

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Others would call it pointing out the reality.

    And this coming from a party that whined incessantly about our "war mongering" is particularly amusing.
    The reality is a dangerous man is behind bars and out of action. You have to search to find something to get all upset about, but you managed it. You now compound it by making a really stupid non sequitar. Most liberals supported the war in Afghanistan, and supported the war on terror. Further, I am not a party, I am a person. Lastly, your second comment has nothing at all to do with anything. it is, once again, just a mindless attempt to smear and dismiss. Your desperation is showing.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #46
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Secret Joint Raid Captures Talibanís Top Commander

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The reality is a dangerous man is behind bars and out of action. You have to search to find something to get all upset about, but you managed it.
    And you would dismiss the reality of what is wasted in the area of intelligence under Obama's new interrogation methods.

    You're right. I'm not satisfied with just capturing terrorists which had nothing to do with Obama. I'm also concerned with how much information we get from them under Obama's new rules.

    You now compound it by making a really stupid non sequitar.
    Thats a lie. Giving terrorists American civilian rights absolutely makes it harder to obtain information. What a shocker you have already ignored the underwear bomber fiasco.

    Most liberals supported the war in Afghanistan, and supported the war on terror.
    Oh BULL****. Afghanistan yes but you are bald face lying when you claim liberals generally support the war on terror. Hell, you;ve got a president and VP who declared Iraq a failure before they were even elected when they refused to support the surge.

    Further, I am not a party, I am a person.
    You are a person who follows a party.

    Lastly, your second comment has nothing at all to do with anything. it is, once again, just a mindless attempt to smear and dismiss. Your desperation is showing.
    What a surprise you would ignore your party's past under Bush and how they viewed the war on terror then.

    Your hypocrisy is showing Redress.

    Again.
    Last edited by texmaster; 02-16-10 at 02:49 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #47
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,266
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Secret Joint Raid Captures Talibanís Top Commander

    I got a few minutes, so what the hell, I will play the game.


    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    And you would dismiss the reality of what is wasted in the area of intelligence under Obama's new interrogation methods.[

    You're right. I'm not satisfied with just capturing terrorists which had nothing to do with Obama. I'm also concerned with how much information we get from them under Obama's new rules.

    And you have no proof, no solid evidence we won't get everything we want from him, nor that there is any likelihood we will get more using methods Obama does not allow. You are, in fact, just throwing a hissy to hide the fact that something good has happened, which does not fit the narrative you like.


    Thats a lie. Giving terrorists American civilian rights absolutely makes it harder to obtain information. What a shocker you have already ignored the underwear bomber fiasco.
    Proof that this is true? Show some way that it is relevant to anything I have said.


    Oh BULL****. Afghanistan yes but you are bald face lying when you claim liberals generally support the war on terror. Hell, you;ve got a president and VP who declared Iraq a failure before they were even elected when they refused to support the surge.
    The war in Iraq was not the war on terror. It distracted from the war on terror.



    You are a person who follows a party.
    Oh BULL****(to quote you)! I belong to a party, because it most closely matches my beliefs. I have also, with some frequency, disagreed with my party. The party I choose comes from my beliefs, my beliefs do not come from my party. It's one of those differences between us. This difference means I am capable of, and have, spoken highly of those in other parties, given credit to them when they do right, and generally avoid the role of ideologue. You however, as this thread shows, cannot manage this simple exercise in critical thinking. When something good happens under a president you don't like, you find something to get upset about.



    What a surprise you would ignore your party's past under Bush and how they viewed the war on terror then.

    Your hypocrisy is showing Redress.

    Again.
    What a surprise, you ignore how the whole country came together after 9/11, supported Bush right up until he started getting stupid again and wanting to invade Iraq. We supported Bush in Afghanistan, we supported the war on terror. Not all of us, but I think most, in fact far and away most. This is not hypocrisy.

    Further, even though I did not agree with the war in Iraq, I still was please when Saddam was captured. I was still proud of our troops and the job they did over there, and did not find ways to throw a fit every time they did things well and had a large success. I will leave such things to you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #48
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Secret Joint Raid Captures Talibanís Top Commander

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    The article mentions he is being held and interrogated by Pakistani intelligence, who have a reputation for world class torture. If you really believe the best intelligence is obtained through torture, you should be delighted.
    And you should be expressing mock outrage.

  9. #49
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Secret Joint Raid Captures Talibanís Top Commander

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post

    This whole fake outrage crap is getting a little old.
    Maybe its old because you wore it out for 8 years.

    I DO agree that there are far too many conservatives that hate Obama simply because his politics. Please dont be so stupid or dishonest as to state it didnt happen throughout Bush's presidency from the left.

  10. #50
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Secret Joint Raid Captures Talibanís Top Commander

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    So is your severe understanding and knowledge of basic history.
    Exactly. The liberal argument also pretends this is happening in isolation that the attorney General isn't trying to hold civilian trials for enemy combatants even captured abroad.

    This lack of knowledge on history a valid criticism by Tex here.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •