Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 121 to 125 of 125

Thread: Fox's 'Family Guy' takes on Sarah Palin by appearing to mock her son Trig's Down synd

  1. #121
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Fox's 'Family Guy' takes on Sarah Palin by appearing to mock her son Trig's Down

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    You know which two presidents had the highest ratings after their first year? That would be George W. Bush and George H. W. Bush.

    You know which two were closest to Obama in numbers after their first years? Reagan and Clinton. Indeed, this article states Reagan was lower.


    So the response to a president after his first year in office is a very poor predictor for the outcome.

    And you know, if we're going to play around with poll numbers (and to get this back on topic), 71% of Americans think Palin is unqualified to be president.

    Still waiting for someone to explain how his numbers dropped to record numbers for a president in his first year.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #122
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Fox's 'Family Guy' takes on Sarah Palin by appearing to mock her son Trig's Down

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    No proof that this country is center right no matter how many times pundits repeat it.
    LOL Really. Gay marriage? 0-31.

    * A Newsweek poll in 2002 found that 87% of respondents favored keeping "under God" in the Pledge, and 9% were against.

    * In 2003, a Gallup poll found that 90% of Americans surveyed were in favor of the inscription "In God We Trust" on U.S. coins. In addition to the 8% who said they opposed it, 2% said they didn't know.

    * A 2004 Newsweek poll yielded 87% in favor of keeping "under God," 12% against, and 1% "not sure."

    * A 2005 online poll launched by MSNBC posed the question "Should the motto 'In God We Trust' be removed from U.S. currency?" When last I checked the ongoing results, 80% had voted no and 20% had voted yes.


    NBC Poll: In God We Trust - Netlore Archive


    n the poll, which surveyed 1,003 adult Americans by phone, 69 percent said they prefer "Merry Christmas" over "Happy holidays," which garnered 29 percent.

    CNN.com - Poll: More Americans prefer 'Merry Christmas' greeting - Dec 20, 2005

    A new national poll indicates that most Americans don't want to see an investigation of Bush administration officials who authorized harsh interrogation techniques on suspected terrorists, even though most people think such procedures were forms of torture.

    Six in ten people questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Wednesday believe that some of the procedures, such as water boarding, were a form of torture, with 36 percent disagreeing.

    But half the public approves of the Bush administration's decision to use of those techniques during the questioning of suspected terrorists, with 50 percent in approval and 46 percent opposed.


    CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Poll: Don’t investigate torture techniques - Blogs from CNN.com

    Gallup Polls

    Are you in favor of the death penalty for a person convicted of murder?



    For


    Against


    No Opinion


    2007 Oct 4-7


    69%


    27%


    04%

    2006 May 2-5


    65%


    28%


    07%

    2005 Oct 13-16


    64%


    30%


    06%

    2005 May 2-5


    74%


    23%


    03%

    2004 May 2-4


    71%


    26%


    03%

    2003 Oct 6-8


    64%


    32%


    04%

    2003 May 19-21


    70%


    28%


    02%

    2003 May 5-7


    74%


    24%


    02%

    2002 October 10-13


    70%


    25%


    05%

    2002 May 6-9


    72%


    25%


    03%

    2001 Oct 11-14


    68%


    26%


    06%

    2001 May 10-14


    65%


    27%


    08%

    2001 Feb 19-21


    67%


    25%


    08%

    2000 Aug 29-Sep 5


    67%


    28%


    05%

    2000 Jun 23-25


    66%


    26%


    08%

    2000 Feb 14-15


    66%


    28%


    06%

    1999 Feb 8-9


    71%


    22%


    07%

    1995 May 11-14


    77%


    13%


    10%

    1994 Sep 6-7


    80%


    16%


    04%

    1991 Jun 13-16


    76%


    18%


    06%

    1988 Sep 25-Oct 1


    79%


    16%


    05%

    1988 Sep 9-11


    79%


    16%


    05%

    1986 Jan 10-13


    70%


    22%


    08%

    1985 Jan 11-14


    72%


    20%


    08%

    1985 Nov 11-18


    75%


    17%


    08%

    1981 Jan 30-Feb 2


    66%


    25%


    09%

    1978 Mar 3-6


    62%


    27%


    11%

    1976 Apr 9-12


    66%


    26%


    08%

    1972 Nov 10-13


    57%


    32%


    11%

    1972 Mar 3-5


    50%


    41%


    09%

    1971 Oct 29-Nov 2


    49%


    40%


    11%

    1969 Jan 23-28


    51%


    40%


    09%

    1967 Jun 2-7


    54%


    38%


    08%

    1966 May 19-24


    42%


    47%


    11%

    1965 Jan 7-12


    45%


    43%


    12%

    1960 Mar 2-7


    53%


    36%


    11%

    1957 Aug 29-Sep 4


    47%


    34%


    18%

    1956 Mar 29-Apr 3


    53%


    34%


    13%

    1953 Nov 1-5


    68%


    25%


    07%

    1937 Dec 1-6


    60%


    33%


    07%


    Public Opinion and the Death Penalty

    There goes that theory of yours

    Obama was far left?
    No. IS far left

    Really further than Kuchinich? Further than Bernie Sanders who actually is a socialist. Its just utter bunk every election you guys repeat the same lie about the democrat.
    You just compared a socialist to the far left. Do you not understand there is a difference?

    Sounds like a conspiracy theory that it was all about race. If that were the case Jesse Jackson would have been president in the 80s.
    LOL You really think the country is the same now as it was in the 80s?

    Logic has never been your strong suit.
    I'm not the one making the moronic claim that the country hasn't changed in 30 years
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #123
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Fox's 'Family Guy' takes on Sarah Palin by appearing to mock her son Trig's Down

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Still waiting for someone to explain how his numbers dropped to record numbers for a president in his first year.
    He promised a lot of change and not a lot occurred. Naturally one portion was going to be against him no matter what. Then, when his supporters felt he wasn't doing enough, they began to disapprove.

    Again, the two presidents closest to him were Reagan and Clinton - two presidents who were elected with big agendas; agendas that would take time to pass and would naturally lead people to initial disappointment.

    It's really not that hard to figure out if you look at it without foaming at the mouth about it.

  4. #124
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Fox's 'Family Guy' takes on Sarah Palin by appearing to mock her son Trig's Down

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    UPDATE!

    ‘Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’ - ArtsBeat Blog - NYTimes.com



    <----- Andrea Fay Friedman

    ....Oh my my, this gets juicier by the minute. Well played Family Guy. Well played.
    I saw the New York Times article this morning; worth a read regardless of your politics. Sarah needs to get a sense of humor.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  5. #125
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Fox's 'Family Guy' takes on Sarah Palin by appearing to mock her son Trig's Down

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    * A Newsweek poll in 2002 found that 87% of respondents favored keeping "under God" in the Pledge, and 9% were against.

    * In 2003, a Gallup poll found that 90% of Americans surveyed were in favor of the inscription "In God We Trust" on U.S. coins. In addition to the 8% who said they opposed it, 2% said they didn't know.

    * A 2004 Newsweek poll yielded 87% in favor of keeping "under God," 12% against, and 1% "not sure."

    * A 2005 online poll launched by MSNBC posed the question "Should the motto 'In God We Trust' be removed from U.S. currency?" When last I checked the ongoing results, 80% had voted no and 20% had voted yes.
    That's not a left right issue. Are you claiming somehow people on the left don't believe in God or do you always overgeneralize?


    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    NBC Poll: In God We Trust - Netlore Archive


    n the poll, which surveyed 1,003 adult Americans by phone, 69 percent said they prefer "Merry Christmas" over "Happy holidays," which garnered 29 percent.

    CNN.com - Poll: More Americans prefer 'Merry Christmas' greeting - Dec 20, 2005
    Once again not left or right

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    A new national poll indicates that most Americans don't want to see an investigation of Bush administration officials who authorized harsh interrogation techniques on suspected terrorists, even though most people think such procedures were forms of torture.

    Six in ten people questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Wednesday believe that some of the procedures, such as water boarding, were a form of torture, with 36 percent disagreeing.

    But half the public approves of the Bush administration's decision to use of those techniques during the questioning of suspected terrorists, with 50 percent in approval and 46 percent opposed.


    CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Poll: Don’t investigate torture techniques - Blogs from CNN.com
    Deciding to prosecute isn't left or right. Did the poll ask the reasons why? Enough believe that yes it is torture.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Gallup Polls

    Are you in favor of the death penalty for a person convicted of murder?



    For


    Against


    No Opinion


    2007 Oct 4-7


    69%


    27%


    04%

    2006 May 2-5


    65%


    28%


    07%

    2005 Oct 13-16


    64%


    30%


    06%

    2005 May 2-5


    74%


    23%


    03%

    2004 May 2-4


    71%


    26%


    03%

    2003 Oct 6-8


    64%


    32%


    04%

    2003 May 19-21


    70%


    28%


    02%

    2003 May 5-7


    74%


    24%


    02%

    2002 October 10-13


    70%


    25%


    05%

    2002 May 6-9


    72%


    25%


    03%

    2001 Oct 11-14


    68%


    26%


    06%

    2001 May 10-14


    65%


    27%


    08%

    2001 Feb 19-21


    67%


    25%


    08%

    2000 Aug 29-Sep 5


    67%


    28%


    05%

    2000 Jun 23-25


    66%


    26%


    08%

    2000 Feb 14-15


    66%


    28%


    06%

    1999 Feb 8-9


    71%


    22%


    07%

    1995 May 11-14


    77%


    13%


    10%

    1994 Sep 6-7


    80%


    16%


    04%

    1991 Jun 13-16


    76%


    18%


    06%

    1988 Sep 25-Oct 1


    79%


    16%


    05%

    1988 Sep 9-11


    79%


    16%


    05%

    1986 Jan 10-13


    70%


    22%


    08%

    1985 Jan 11-14


    72%


    20%


    08%

    1985 Nov 11-18


    75%


    17%


    08%

    1981 Jan 30-Feb 2


    66%


    25%


    09%

    1978 Mar 3-6


    62%


    27%


    11%

    1976 Apr 9-12


    66%


    26%


    08%

    1972 Nov 10-13


    57%


    32%


    11%

    1972 Mar 3-5


    50%


    41%


    09%

    1971 Oct 29-Nov 2


    49%


    40%


    11%

    1969 Jan 23-28


    51%


    40%


    09%

    1967 Jun 2-7


    54%


    38%


    08%

    1966 May 19-24


    42%


    47%


    11%

    1965 Jan 7-12


    45%


    43%


    12%

    1960 Mar 2-7


    53%


    36%


    11%

    1957 Aug 29-Sep 4


    47%


    34%


    18%

    1956 Mar 29-Apr 3


    53%


    34%


    13%

    1953 Nov 1-5


    68%


    25%


    07%

    1937 Dec 1-6


    60%


    33%


    07%


    Public Opinion and the Death Penalty

    There goes that theory of yours
    I know plenty of left wingers for the death penalty. How is that a left right issue? Sounds more like you saying people are single issue voters. How about some opinion on social/economic issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    No. IS far left
    Only in your fantasy world. He's not far left unless you claim yourself to be the right of Timothy McVeigh so that anyone in the center of you is considered far left.


    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    You just compared a socialist to the far left. Do you not understand there is a difference?
    I understand where on the spectrum people lay more than you seem to understand what a Nickname is. Socialism is on the far left of the ideological spectrum. That's why you calling him far left considering how far left Kuchinich is it just makes you sound unstable.



    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    LOL You really think the country is the same now as it was in the 80s?
    You're the one claiming the country has always been right of center.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I'm not the one making the moronic claim that the country hasn't changed in 30 years
    I'm not the one making that claim you are. You claimed the country has always been center right. If this was about race any black man would have won back then and now. So apparently the country isn't as tilted to the right as you think if enough people voted for what you claim to be a far left candidate.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •