1. A party is not a person. People vote on things, not parties.
2. If a party votes unanimously against something, it's a pretty good sign that basically no attempt had been made to reach out to any of its members.
3. No president has ever needed a supermajority in Congress to get things done, even though the opposing party always hates the president.
4. A party is not even a thing. Republicans and Democrats do not have different strategies or styles for governance. Different people do.
5. Obstructing the Democrat's agenda would not be good politics if the Democrat's agenda was popular.
I could go on.