Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 453

Thread: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

  1. #441
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    He was a US soldier and US citizen. Regardless of what organizations he had ties with, he belonged to the United States. That makes him a domestic terrorist, and that is no small detail.
    If he took orders from Yemen he was a terrorist under their orders that is not domestic.

  2. #442
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    If he took orders from Yemen he was a terrorist under their orders that is not domestic.
    I don't know what definition of domestic terrorism you are going by, but even the military classified the attack as domestic terrorism.

    Domestic terrorism: terrorism practiced in your own country against your own people

    Furthermore, there was no conclusive evidence that he was directed by a foreign entity. It appeared that he was trying to establish ties with foreign terrorist organizations but there is no indication that he was successful and no such organization claimed credit for the attack.

    As such, he was nothing more than a disgruntled US citizen and soldier who took it upon himself to act violently against his fellow soldiers.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 02-23-10 at 04:02 AM.

  3. #443
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It will take years.
    And aside from your own personal opinion, you base this on what evidence?

    Furthermore, why are conservatives so adamantly opposed to supporting their arguments with evidence?

  4. #444
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It will take years.
    Lieberman readies bill to repeal 'don't ask'

    Hm...a few pages back you were talking about how this would take years to reach Congress. Then Lieberman opted that he would start a bill to push it. Then you suggested that Lieberman would wait a year. Now it is expected that Lieberman's bill will be before Congress by next week.

    Could you do me a favor and suggest that it will take years for them to vote on it? If the trend holds steady, then your prediction would be great for ensuring the bill is voted on before the end of March.

  5. #445
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If you took time to notice I mentioned no names in my chastizing of Liberals.......You responded so one can only assume you have a guilty conscience.........
    Liar. You said the word "You" after using a quote block of my post. That would clearly indicate that you were talking to me. Really? That's all you got? Please stop lying on this forum. And don't use the "I'm old and don't remember" defense. That won't cut it.

  6. #446
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Nope, Liberals like you are trying to break something that is working well......you won't succeed.......
    No I'm not.

  7. #447
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Another politically correct left winger who is scared to death of offending radical Islam........disgusting........
    I'm afraid ..will you hold my hand?

  8. #448
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I don't know what definition of domestic terrorism you are going by, but even the military classified the attack as domestic terrorism.

    Domestic terrorism: terrorism practiced in your own country against your own people

    Furthermore, there was no conclusive evidence that he was directed by a foreign entity. It appeared that he was trying to establish ties with foreign terrorist organizations but there is no indication that he was successful and no such organization claimed credit for the attack.

    As such, he was nothing more than a disgruntled US citizen and soldier who took it upon himself to act violently against his fellow soldiers.


    13 e-mails and we are not sure?


    The Military is still split on gays.

    Military leaders chime in on 'gays' serving (OneNewsNow.com)

    Lawmakers will press the military's top brass for the first time on whether they think it makes sense to lift the ban on homosexuals serving in the military.

    Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, has already voiced his support of President Barack Obama's call to repeal the 1993 law which says homosexuality is incompatible with military service, but on Tuesday, Army Chief of Staff Gen. George Casey and Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Norton Schwartz will give their input to a congressional panel.

    Elaine Donnelly"I don't know about the Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Schwartz. We don't know what his opinion is," notes Elaine Donnelly, president of the Center for Military Readiness. "I am concerned because Gen. Casey has said diversity is the primary thing, so I'm not sure whether he will make a similar statement here or whether he will take a more rational approach."

    Donnelly adds that Marine Commandant Gen. James Conway, who will testify on Wednesday, has already said he opposes changing the policy.

    "I think the commandant will certainly address the issue the way it should be addressed," the military watchdog predicts. "And that is, 'How does this benefit the armed forces?'"

  9. #449
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    And aside from your own personal opinion, you base this on what evidence?

    Furthermore, why are conservatives so adamantly opposed to supporting their arguments with evidence?
    A year for military investigation of policy

  10. #450
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Lieberman readies bill to repeal 'don't ask'

    Hm...a few pages back you were talking about how this would take years to reach Congress. Then Lieberman opted that he would start a bill to push it. Then you suggested that Lieberman would wait a year. Now it is expected that Lieberman's bill will be before Congress by next week.

    Could you do me a favor and suggest that it will take years for them to vote on it? If the trend holds steady, then your prediction would be great for ensuring the bill is voted on before the end of March.
    Will it make it to the floor. So congress will not wait for the military investigation?


    I doubt it will go forward without the military investigation which will include cost of the transition.

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •