Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 453

Thread: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

  1. #381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Horse **** his behavior was most radical when he killed the 13 people at Ft Hood.........

    How you and your daddy Obama can not say the words that it was a terrorist attack just to appease some muslims in the Mid East is beyond me........
    Please respond to the counter arguments.

    You should being placing blame on his military chain of command that knew this officer was crazy years ago and chose to do nothing about it, primarily because of the PC climate of the Army that has always existed...it just didn't start when Obama was elected. That's something I would know and you would not.

    Oh, and by the way, consider before accusing me of "not saying the word terrorist and appeasing muslims" that unlike you, I have actually fought terrorists in combat. You never have and never will.

    Who's the terror appeaser now, buddy?

  2. #382
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    It was nice to see General Petraeus on Meet the Press today not coming out in full support of dropping DADT and also Governor Pawletty say if it ain't broke don't fix it............
    Pawlenty is going to toe the party line, so that's no shocker.

    Petraeus, on the other hand gave me a different impression. He has to walk a fine line and since DADT hasn't been overturned yet, he won't call for it. However, it very much seemed to me like he's open to the study that is being conducted.

    Don't assume Patraeus is a right wing guy. He is not. He's gone on the record saying the invasion of Iraq was a mistake, among other things.
    Last edited by kansaswhig; 02-22-10 at 12:46 PM.

  3. #383
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    Please respond to the counter arguments.

    You should being placing blame on his military chain of command that knew this officer was crazy years ago and chose to do nothing about it, primarily because of the PC climate of the Army that has always existed...it just didn't start when Obama was elected. That's something I would know and you would not.

    Oh, and by the way, consider before accusing me of "not saying the word terrorist and appeasing muslims" that unlike you, I have actually fought terrorists in combat. You never have and never will.

    Who's the terror appeaser now, buddy?
    If it was a military problem then Obama is still responsible as commander in chief

  4. #384
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    Pawlenty is going to toe the party line, so that's no shocker.

    Petraeus, on the other hand gave me a different impression. He has to walk a fine line and since DADT hasn't been overturned yet, he won't call for it. However, it very much seemed to me like he's open to the study that is being conducted.

    Don't assume Patraeus is a right wing guy. He is not. He's gone on the record saying the invasion of Iraq was a mistake, among other things.
    The point is it will take years to over turn it and it is not sure that will happen.

    Obama may not be president when this makes it to the senate

  5. #385
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    If it was a military problem then Obama is still responsible as commander in chief
    Yeah, I saw your last post. MAJ Hassan's most radical behavior was exhibited several years ago while he was stationed at Walter Reed, while GWB was president. My whole point (as I've mentioned several times) is that you should hold folks accountable for their inaction, which in this case would be the cowardly chain of command. I doubt Bush nor Obama had ever heard of MAJ Hassan before. I don't see how it's their fault. Policy issues? Blame the President. Individual behavior? No.

    I would imagine if this happened on Bush's watch, you'd be singing a different tune.

  6. #386
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    The point is it will take years to over turn it and it is not sure that will happen.

    Obama may not be president when this makes it to the senate
    It might. But Petreaus is being groomed to take Mullen's job as CJCS someday. If the policy is overtuned before or while he is in that job, he won't be on the record opposing it. He's a pretty smart guy, he'll play his hand right.

  7. #387
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    The point is it will take years to over turn it and it is not sure that will happen.

    Obama may not be president when this makes it to the senate
    Years you say?

    Lieberman to sponsor bill to repeal gay ban - Army News, news from Iraq, - Army Times

  8. #388
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    Yeah, I saw your last post. MAJ Hassan's most radical behavior was exhibited several years ago while he was stationed at Walter Reed, while GWB was president. My whole point (as I've mentioned several times) is that you should hold folks accountable for their inaction, which in this case would be the cowardly chain of command. I doubt Bush nor Obama had ever heard of MAJ Hassan before. I don't see how it's their fault. Policy issues? Blame the President. Individual behavior? No.

    I would imagine if this happened on Bush's watch, you'd be singing a different tune.
    So the commander in chief is not responsible for failures in the Military?

  9. #389
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    It might. But Petreaus is being groomed to take Mullen's job as CJCS someday. If the policy is overtuned before or while he is in that job, he won't be on the record opposing it. He's a pretty smart guy, he'll play his hand right.
    It is not up to the military. Congress has to over turn it.

  10. #390
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So the commander in chief is not responsible for failures in the Military?
    Policy/Strategic failures, yes. Individual failure? No.

    Did anyone blame Bush when SGT Akbar threw grenades into my Brigade's command tent in Kuwait just prior to the invasion of Iraq?

    No, of course not that would be silly. Even though his chain of command didn't want to deploy him because of major behavior concerns. The buck doesn't always stop with the President. That is a very amateur viewpoint.

    Please hold people responsible for their actions. I thought you were a conservative? Because you sound like a big govt. liberal right now.

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •