Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 453

Thread: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

  1. #111
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    Whatever. The Navy budget should be 1/10th of the Army's and Marines.
    The Marines and the Navy are pretty much combined........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #112
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,747

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    He should have never been kicked out......He did not break DADT.......You are still a long way from having gays serve openly in the armed forces though.........
    Actually, he did. He was operating as a gay activist, right out in the open. I wonder if Dick Cheney gave his blessing, since he supports reconsidering DADT. Or how about Colin Powell? Or the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of staff? You are not only outvoted, but also outranked. Good thing you are retired. Charges of insubordination would really suck. LOL.
    Last edited by danarhea; 02-15-10 at 10:18 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #113
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    It's strange how gays never bring it up, only the conservatives. That is why I was saying, nobody talks about gay sex in public as much as conservatives do. It's funny how obsessed you guys seem to be about it.
    There isn't a person on this board that starts more gay posts than Navy Pride. He is obsessed with homosexuality.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #114
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, he did. He was operating as a gay activist, right out in the open. I wonder if Dick Cheney gave his blessing, since he supports reconsidering DADT. Or how about Colin Powell? Or the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of staff? You are not only outvoted, but also outranked. Good thing you are retired. Charges of insubordination would really suck. LOL.
    I was a Chief Petty Officer......I out ranked all of them........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #115
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There isn't a person on this board that starts more gay posts than Navy Pride. He is obsessed with homosexuality.
    And your obsessed with me, at least you follow me around in DP like a little puppy dog........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    It's strange how gays never bring it up, only the conservatives. That is why I was saying, nobody talks about gay sex in public as much as conservatives do. It's funny how obsessed you guys seem to be about it.
    If gays wouldn't make demands no one would talk about them.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    "Results of an Internet poll released Tuesday show most serving in the military approve of working with openly gay service members.

    The Washington, D.C., and New York City-based Zogby International Poll revealed 73 percent of military members are comfortable with gays.

    Of the 545 polled online, nearly one-fourth said they knew of at least one person in their unit who is gay or lesbian, with 21 percent of those being in combat units. The troops polled had all served in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to the report. Although the majority polled approved of gays in the military, active-duty personnel and officers with 15 years or more of service were least likely to support them."


    Poll: Most Troops Support Gays in Military | Palm Center

    People just do not care about openly serving gays in the military anymore. Its a whole new generation now.
    Center for Military Readiness | Homosexuals in the Military


    Results of the survey did not make news until July 2009. Washington Times Base News Editor Grace Vuoto reported that the MOAA survey revealed strong support for current policy (16%) or an even stronger law excluding homosexuals from the military (52%). The same combined percentage, 68%, expressed the belief that repeal of the 1993 law would have a very negative effect (48%) or a moderately negative effect (20%) on troop morale and military readiness.

    Contrary to stereotypes about the views of younger men and women, the MOAA survey of 1,664 respondents included a significant number of younger, active-duty or drilling reserve/guard personnel who were largely tolerant of homosexuality in other situations.
    Last edited by ptif219; 02-15-10 at 10:38 PM.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Center for Military Readiness | Homosexuals in the Military


    Results of the survey did not make news until July 2009. Washington Times Base News Editor Grace Vuoto reported that the MOAA survey revealed strong support for current policy (16%) or an even stronger law excluding homosexuals from the military (52%). The same combined percentage, 68%, expressed the belief that repeal of the 1993 law would have a very negative effect (48%) or a moderately negative effect (20%) on troop morale and military readiness.

    Contrary to stereotypes about the views of younger men and women, the MOAA survey of 1,664 respondents included a significant number of younger, active-duty or drilling reserve/guard personnel who were largely tolerant of homosexuality in other situations.

    Thanks for finding this.....I hope you don't mind but I posted the link on another DADT thread........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Thanks for finding this.....I hope you don't mind but I posted the link on another DADT thread........
    No problem

  10. #120
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fox News Poll: Most Voters Say Allow Gays to Serve Openly

    LOL! There are thousands of reasons to not let gays serve openly in the military, here's #373:

    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •