Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 281 to 285 of 285

Thread: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

  1. #281
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Ah so because you say it it must be true. Do you have any quotes from him saying "I hate guns".

    Sounds like an excuse you're pushing. Maybe it could be that the paranoia people like turtle have is unfounded.

    But lets get back on subject now that Turtle's claim that Obama had the most anti-gun ticket in history has been debunked. What does Obama have to do with this shooting?
    The shooter was apparently an avid (rabid?) Obama supporter.

    Or so someone said, don't remember who or where.

    Edit: So, basically, nothing.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #282
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    The shooter was apparently an avid (rabid?) Obama supporter.

    Or so someone said, don't remember who or where.

    Edit: So, basically, nothing.
    And so were the people she shot. Obama had nothing to do with her motives like others have tried to make it out to be in this thread. It's just useless trivia that had nothing to do with the incident.

  3. #283
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    And so were the people she shot. Obama had nothing to do with her motives like others have tried to make it out to be in this thread. It's just useless trivia that had nothing to do with the incident.
    It's vaguely interesting background...Other than that...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #284
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    We're talking presidential races not Governor races. When has the NRA ever supported the Democratic candidate and not campaigned hard against it?

    Obama apologist? Excuse me Turtle but when you say incorrect things like The Obama-Biden ticket was the most antigun in history, I'm going to correct it. It wasn't true no matter how much you repeat it. Obama has stated in his speeches that gun control is a state and local issue. I see its some magic conspiracy. Maybe you can tell me why then did George W. Bush support the Assault Weapons Ban when he was running for president?

    George W. Bush on Gun Control




    So who was George W. appealing to back then?

    Again where did Obama say he hated gunowners? You stated that earlier now you're backing away from it.


    well since the NRA got in the endorsement business the dem candidate for president has always been far more anti gun than the GOP. But since the NRA has endorsed dems over GOpers on other races that proves that the NRA's position is to endorse pro gun candidates not GOP candidates. However, generally GOP candidates are more pro gun than dems.

    If you support banning handguns, banning semi auto rifles, supporting law suits against gun makers, appointing anti gunners to prominent positions (like Eric Holder who submitted an amicus brief supporting the DC gun ban) it is a pretty good argument you hate gun owners or want to harass them. You can apologize for Bambo all you want and pretend he doesn't hate gun owners because he hasn't said that exact phrase but the rest of us see your dishonest evasions for what they are.

    If someone comes out and argues Blacks should serve longer prison sentences for whites for the same offenses, that blacks should be excluded from top tier public universities no matter what their grades etc, you could conclude the person is anti black even if he doesn't say he hates blacks.

    and you have not come close to disproving my (and the NRA, the GOA, and the Second Amendment foundation) claim that the Obama Biden ticket was -at the time they ran for office-the most anti gun owner major party ticket in history.
    Last edited by TurtleDude; 02-25-10 at 10:18 PM.



  5. #285
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well since the NRA got in the endorsement business the dem candidate for president has always been far more anti gun than the GOP. But since the NRA has endorsed dems over GOpers on other races that proves that the NRA's position is to endorse pro gun candidates not GOP candidates. However, generally GOP candidates are more pro gun than dems.

    If you support banning handguns, banning semi auto rifles, supporting law suits against gun makers, appointing anti gunners to prominent positions (like Eric Holder who submitted an amicus brief supporting the DC gun ban) it is a pretty good argument you hate gun owners or want to harass them. You can apologize for Bambo all you want and pretend he doesn't hate gun owners because he hasn't said that exact phrase but the rest of us see your dishonest evasions for what they are.

    If someone comes out and argues Blacks should serve longer prison sentences for whites for the same offenses, that blacks should be excluded from top tier public universities no matter what their grades etc, you could conclude the person is anti black even if he doesn't say he hates blacks.

    and you have not come close to disproving my (and the NRA, the GOA, and the Second Amendment foundation) claim that the Obama Biden ticket was -at the time they ran for office-the most anti gun owner major party ticket in history.
    Bambo? Here I thought I was debating an adult. How immature and petty.
    Dishonesty? Im not the one claiming he hates gun owners when theres no proof of that. Im not the one claiming he ran the most antigun ticket in history when its been proven it wasnt. Time and time again youve danced around your rank dishonesty and continue to derail this thread even after youve been proven wrong. Somehow youve made this about what you believe are the President's stances on guns and your fear that he'll take them away. This is the same paranoia the right has said about every democratic candidate for the last 2 decades.

    I have proven your theory wrong. You based it on votes. I posted Kerry Edwards votes on gun iussues and the both of tem combined had more antigun votes than Obama Biden. You continue to deny reality. Your statement was flat out wrong.

    Race is unrelated to what we're talking about and is unrelated to this thread.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •