Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 285

Thread: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

  1. #271
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    They mattered enough to turtle when he thought they had less votes. Once again Turtles original statement was that Obama Biden was the most Antigun ticket ever run by a major political party. Them winning or losing had nothing to do with Turtle's claim and turtle still being wrong.
    prove I am wrong

    Edwards was not as anti gun as biden,

    Kerry and Obama both sucked but I never heard Kerry wanting to ban all handguns as Obama did



  2. #272
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    prove I am wrong

    Edwards was not as anti gun as biden,

    Kerry and Obama both sucked but I never heard Kerry wanting to ban all handguns as Obama did
    You never heard Obama saying he wanted to ban all guns. Prove that statement. Again I've posted both Kerry and Obama's gun records. Yeah but Kerry has more anti gun votes than Obama. But then you wanted to jump and say well Biden had more. So Biden and Kerry had the same amount just about and Edwards had more than Obama. So your statement that this was the most antigun ticket is ludicrous. Prove you're right.

  3. #273
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    You never heard Obama saying he wanted to ban all guns. Prove that statement. Again I've posted both Kerry and Obama's gun records. Yeah but Kerry has more anti gun votes than Obama. But then you wanted to jump and say well Biden had more. So Biden and Kerry had the same amount just about and Edwards had more than Obama. So your statement that this was the most antigun ticket is ludicrous. Prove you're right.
    You don't read very well do you?

    HANDGUNS And yes Obama stated on a questionnaire that he supported a complete ban on handguns (which is what exists in the city where he got his political start)

    Your pathetic attempt to defend Obama when all the major pro gun groups agree with me is funny

    Obama's support of a complete HAND gun ban is well known and easily found

    GIYLF



  4. #274
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You don't read very well do you?

    HANDGUNS And yes Obama stated on a questionnaire that he supported a complete ban on handguns (which is what exists in the city where he got his political start)

    Your pathetic attempt to defend Obama when all the major pro gun groups agree with me is funny

    Obama's support of a complete HAND gun ban is well known and easily found

    GIYLF
    Ah so youre going from something years ago that was a state issue and trying to make it federal. He also stated that it was up to the states and local governments to choose their gun laws. The brady center just gave him an F for his first year in office in regards to gun control. Despite your paranoia Obama has not taken away your handguns. In fact just this las year he signed a Reagan era repeal that originally kept loaded guns out of national parks. Signed a repeal of post 9/11 policies to keep guns out of checked baggage on amtrak.

    Where is this great handgun ban you're clammoring about? The NRA and gun groups are always campaigning against democrats. They campaigned hard against Gore even when they gave him an A rating. Irrational fear and paranoia aside your statement that this was the most antigun ticket in history isnt supported by the facts. Just as your statement about him hating guns then just hating gunowners doesnt stand up to reality.

    Nice try turtle dig deeper.
    Last edited by PogueMoran; 02-23-10 at 11:38 AM.

  5. #275
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    The NRA and gun groups are always campaigning against democrats.
    Not always -- they also campaign for Democrats and against Republicans.
    The NRA is non-partisan, and supports candidates based on their voting record.

    They campaigned hard against Gore even when they gave him an A rating.
    The A-rating they gave him was wll before the 1992-1996-2000 election when his voting record earned him that A-rating. After that point, his record and his statements of public support changed, so he lost the A-rating and was rightfully campaigned against.

  6. #276
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Ah so youre going from something years ago that was a state issue and trying to make it federal. He also stated that it was up to the states and local governments to choose their gun laws. The brady center just gave him an F for his first year in office in regards to gun control. Despite your paranoia Obama has not taken away your handguns. In fact just this las year he signed a Reagan era repeal that originally kept loaded guns out of national parks. Signed a repeal of post 9/11 policies to keep guns out of checked baggage on amtrak.

    Where is this great handgun ban you're clammoring about? The NRA and gun groups are always campaigning against democrats. They campaigned hard against Gore even when they gave him an A rating. Irrational fear and paranoia aside your statement that this was the most antigun ticket in history isnt supported by the facts. Just as your statement about him hating guns then just hating gunowners doesnt stand up to reality.

    Nice try turtle dig deeper.


    The NRA supported then Freshman congressman Ted Strickland (D-Ohio) because he voted against the Clinton-Biden Gun ban in 1994 so they endorsed him over the GOP candidate in November 94.

    They endorsed Dem John Dingell for decades. They most likely will support Governor Strickland over GOP candidate Cave in Kasich-the GOP wimp who changed sides to support the clinton-biden Gun ban

    I get the fact that you are an Obama apologist but the fact is your boy supported a complete ban on handguns when he was a state politician. I suspect the only reason why he changed that nonsense was he realized it would prevent him from winning the presidency
    Last edited by TurtleDude; 02-23-10 at 10:19 PM.



  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Quit hijacking the thread! And yeah I know you're not the only one.

    I'm not to impressed with the moderation here right now either.
    DP has been around for quite some time now. There have been reasonable critiques of moderator policy in the past, but this is not one of them. The mods do a good job here overall. If you don't like it you're free to leave.

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    You never heard Obama saying he wanted to ban all guns. Prove that statement. Again I've posted both Kerry and Obama's gun records. Yeah but Kerry has more anti gun votes than Obama. But then you wanted to jump and say well Biden had more. So Biden and Kerry had the same amount just about and Edwards had more than Obama. So your statement that this was the most antigun ticket is ludicrous. Prove you're right.
    Obama is a Chicago politician. That means he hates guns by definition. The only reason he isn't pursuing that agenda is because he's too busy failing at other things. Another giant blunder is the last thing he needs right now...

  9. #279
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The NRA supported then Freshman congressman Ted Strickland (D-Ohio) because he voted against the Clinton-Biden Gun ban in 1994 so they endorsed him over the GOP candidate in November 94.

    They endorsed Dem John Dingell for decades. They most likely will support Governor Strickland over GOP candidate Cave in Kasich-the GOP wimp who changed sides to support the clinton-biden Gun ban

    I get the fact that you are an Obama apologist but the fact is your boy supported a complete ban on handguns when he was a state politician. I suspect the only reason why he changed that nonsense was he realized it would prevent him from winning the presidency
    We're talking presidential races not Governor races. When has the NRA ever supported the Democratic candidate and not campaigned hard against it?

    Obama apologist? Excuse me Turtle but when you say incorrect things like The Obama-Biden ticket was the most antigun in history, I'm going to correct it. It wasn't true no matter how much you repeat it. Obama has stated in his speeches that gun control is a state and local issue. I see its some magic conspiracy. Maybe you can tell me why then did George W. Bush support the Assault Weapons Ban when he was running for president?

    George W. Bush on Gun Control
    Avoid Columbine via gun control, values & character ed
    Saying America is “still wrestling with the lessons of Columbine,” Bush today called for tougher enforcement of gun laws and a greater emphasis on character education as the way to promote school safety. “Today is the sad anniversary of a terrible tragedy-a tragedy that shattered our sense of safety and security-a tragedy that hit home for every parent and every child and every school in America,” Bush said. “A year later, America is still wrestling with the lessons of Columbine,” Bush continued. “Strict enforcement of tough laws is important. But ultimately, the safety of our children depends on more than laws. It depends on the values we teach them and the kind of culture we create and condone.”

    * Governor Bush has proposed a series of proposals to reduce school violence in his campaign, including:Promoting character education in public schools.
    * Enforcing gun laws and holding states & schools accountable for keeping students safe.
    Ban automatic weapons & high-capacity ammunition clips

    * Supports stronger enforcement of existing gun laws, would provide more funding for aggressive gun law enforcement programs such as Project Exile in Richmond, Virginia
    * Supports requiring instant background checks at gun shows by allowing gun show promoters to access the instant check system on behalf of vendors
    * Supports law-abiding American’s constitutional right to own guns to protect their families and home
    * Supports the current ban on automatic weapons
    * Supports banning the importation of foreign made, “high-capacity” ammunition clips
    * Supports voluntary safety locks
    * Opposes government mandated registration of all guns owned by law abiding citizens
    So who was George W. appealing to back then?

    Again where did Obama say he hated gunowners? You stated that earlier now you're backing away from it.

  10. #280
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Obama is a Chicago politician. That means he hates guns by definition. The only reason he isn't pursuing that agenda is because he's too busy failing at other things. Another giant blunder is the last thing he needs right now...
    Ah so because you say it it must be true. Do you have any quotes from him saying "I hate guns".

    Sounds like an excuse you're pushing. Maybe it could be that the paranoia people like turtle have is unfounded.

    But lets get back on subject now that Turtle's claim that Obama had the most anti-gun ticket in history has been debunked. What does Obama have to do with this shooting?

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •