HANDGUNS And yes Obama stated on a questionnaire that he supported a complete ban on handguns (which is what exists in the city where he got his political start)
Your pathetic attempt to defend Obama when all the major pro gun groups agree with me is funny
Obama's support of a complete HAND gun ban is well known and easily found
Where is this great handgun ban you're clammoring about? The NRA and gun groups are always campaigning against democrats. They campaigned hard against Gore even when they gave him an A rating. Irrational fear and paranoia aside your statement that this was the most antigun ticket in history isnt supported by the facts. Just as your statement about him hating guns then just hating gunowners doesnt stand up to reality.
Nice try turtle dig deeper.
Last edited by PogueMoran; 02-23-10 at 10:38 AM.
The NRA is non-partisan, and supports candidates based on their voting record.
The A-rating they gave him was wll before the 1992-1996-2000 election when his voting record earned him that A-rating. After that point, his record and his statements of public support changed, so he lost the A-rating and was rightfully campaigned against.They campaigned hard against Gore even when they gave him an A rating.
The NRA supported then Freshman congressman Ted Strickland (D-Ohio) because he voted against the Clinton-Biden Gun ban in 1994 so they endorsed him over the GOP candidate in November 94.
They endorsed Dem John Dingell for decades. They most likely will support Governor Strickland over GOP candidate Cave in Kasich-the GOP wimp who changed sides to support the clinton-biden Gun ban
I get the fact that you are an Obama apologist but the fact is your boy supported a complete ban on handguns when he was a state politician. I suspect the only reason why he changed that nonsense was he realized it would prevent him from winning the presidency
Obama apologist? Excuse me Turtle but when you say incorrect things like The Obama-Biden ticket was the most antigun in history, I'm going to correct it. It wasn't true no matter how much you repeat it. Obama has stated in his speeches that gun control is a state and local issue. I see its some magic conspiracy. Maybe you can tell me why then did George W. Bush support the Assault Weapons Ban when he was running for president?
George W. Bush on Gun Control
Avoid Columbine via gun control, values & character ed
Saying America is “still wrestling with the lessons of Columbine,” Bush today called for tougher enforcement of gun laws and a greater emphasis on character education as the way to promote school safety. “Today is the sad anniversary of a terrible tragedy-a tragedy that shattered our sense of safety and security-a tragedy that hit home for every parent and every child and every school in America,” Bush said. “A year later, America is still wrestling with the lessons of Columbine,” Bush continued. “Strict enforcement of tough laws is important. But ultimately, the safety of our children depends on more than laws. It depends on the values we teach them and the kind of culture we create and condone.”
* Governor Bush has proposed a series of proposals to reduce school violence in his campaign, including:Promoting character education in public schools.
* Enforcing gun laws and holding states & schools accountable for keeping students safe.So who was George W. appealing to back then?Ban automatic weapons & high-capacity ammunition clips
* Supports stronger enforcement of existing gun laws, would provide more funding for aggressive gun law enforcement programs such as Project Exile in Richmond, Virginia
* Supports requiring instant background checks at gun shows by allowing gun show promoters to access the instant check system on behalf of vendors
* Supports law-abiding American’s constitutional right to own guns to protect their families and home
* Supports the current ban on automatic weapons
* Supports banning the importation of foreign made, “high-capacity” ammunition clips
* Supports voluntary safety locks
* Opposes government mandated registration of all guns owned by law abiding citizens
Again where did Obama say he hated gunowners? You stated that earlier now you're backing away from it.
Sounds like an excuse you're pushing. Maybe it could be that the paranoia people like turtle have is unfounded.
But lets get back on subject now that Turtle's claim that Obama had the most anti-gun ticket in history has been debunked. What does Obama have to do with this shooting?