Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 285

Thread: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

  1. #251
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The ammo shortage predates The Obama.
    His election just made it worse - and rightly so.
    If the ammo shortage predates Obama then it was not caused by Obama as ptif claimed. Rightly so?

  2. #252
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    If the ammo shortage predates Obama then it was not caused by Obama as ptif claimed. Rightly so?
    It may have been made worse by His election, but there was a shortage in place well before -- so, right.

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    If the ammo shortage predates Obama then it was not caused by Obama as ptif claimed. Rightly so?
    Not exactly true the Brass destruction was after Obama was elected.

  4. #254
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,705

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Not exactly true the Brass destruction was after Obama was elected.
    In Middletown ohio there is a company known as AIMSURPLUS. My wife and I have been dealing with them for a couple years because they are close to our house. They sell massive amounts of ammo at good prices. I bought a ton of stuff when I knew Obambo was going to win because he and his minions had called on tax increases on ammo. one of the shipping managers there also is the trap mechanic at my gun club. He said December 2008 was the best YEAR they had.

    I went up there right after the election. A large number of pallets of eastern block 762X39 ammo. I think a pallet has around 25K rounds. All were sold within a day of them coming in.

    Obama objectively did nothing to cause the huge run on ammo and guns (unlike clinton where the AWB caused people to buy millions of normal capacity magazines between the time the idiotic clinton gun ban was passed and when it went into effect-and makers put three shifts to work cranking out guns and magazines affected by that nonsense)

    however, his election and the WELL FOUNDED FEARS about what the most anti gun ticket in history would do did cause alot of the run

    The chinese Olympics caused ammo costs to increase as well as the PRC bought up lead and copper for infrastructure, batteries and other things. So did the war.



  5. #255
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    In Middletown ohio there is a company known as AIMSURPLUS. My wife and I have been dealing with them for a couple years because they are close to our house. They sell massive amounts of ammo at good prices. I bought a ton of stuff when I knew Obambo was going to win because he and his minions had called on tax increases on ammo. one of the shipping managers there also is the trap mechanic at my gun club. He said December 2008 was the best YEAR they had.

    I went up there right after the election. A large number of pallets of eastern block 762X39 ammo. I think a pallet has around 25K rounds. All were sold within a day of them coming in.

    Obama objectively did nothing to cause the huge run on ammo and guns (unlike clinton where the AWB caused people to buy millions of normal capacity magazines between the time the idiotic clinton gun ban was passed and when it went into effect-and makers put three shifts to work cranking out guns and magazines affected by that nonsense)

    however, his election and the WELL FOUNDED FEARS about what the most anti gun ticket in history would do did cause alot of the run

    The chinese Olympics caused ammo costs to increase as well as the PRC bought up lead and copper for infrastructure, batteries and other things. So did the war.
    As Saint Ronnie would say, there you go again. Most antigun ticket in history? That's not true and you've been called out on it several times. Kerry/Edwards had more antigun votes. Clinton on his second run had already passed the Assault Weapons Ban and Dukakis claimed while governor that only law enforcement and military should have guns.

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    As Saint Ronnie would say, there you go again. Most antigun ticket in history? That's not true and you've been called out on it several times. Kerry/Edwards had more antigun votes. Clinton on his second run had already passed the Assault Weapons Ban and Dukakis claimed while governor that only law enforcement and military should have guns.
    Barack Obama on Gun Control

  7. #257
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Yeah I've read that. Those aren't all votes. There's one vote in the senate on that list.

    John Kerry on Gun Control
    John Edwards on Gun Control

  8. #258
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,182

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Boring.



    7890

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #259
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,705

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I think someone is trying to convince us Obama-Biden aren't gun haters. The only reason why the Obama-Biden clowns haven't banned guns is because they don't want to lose congress as Clinton did. Can anyone name two people who came into the Presidency and Vice-Presidency who had as long a history of gun hatred as those two clowns?

    and by history I mean ACTUAL VOTES

    Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.


    90% of the handguns sold these days are semi autos

    half the 22 rifles and sporting shotguns are

    that's banning alot of guns friends
    Last edited by TurtleDude; 02-18-10 at 10:12 PM.



  10. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 3 Dead in Shooting at University of Alabama Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Yeah I've read that. Those aren't all votes. There's one vote in the senate on that list.

    John Kerry on Gun Control
    John Edwards on Gun Control
    That was Obama on the campaign trail.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •