Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Canada prods China on Iran

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Canada prods China on Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Um.

    China, in response to a tariff, would just stop buying up our bonds. The US government would have to start printing money to make up the difference. China would just laugh and start selling off all its holdings of US currency.

    We'd really be shooting ourselves in the foot.
    That's only one half. The U.S. is the biggest consumer of Chinese goods, so if we stop buying from them, their economy will tank as well. They're mutually dependent nations, and frankly I think they are in a dangerous tango. No getting out of it now though.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Canada prods China on Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Um.

    China, in response to a tariff, would just stop buying up our bonds. The US government would have to start printing money to make up the difference. China would just laugh and start selling off all its holdings of US currency.

    We'd really be shooting ourselves in the foot.
    We would respond by ceasing to purchase the toxic crap produced in their badly run factories. They would then know what it is to be broke.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,899

    Re: Canada prods China on Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    We would respond by ceasing to purchase the toxic crap produced in their badly run factories. They would then know what it is to be broke.
    Do you ever actually respond to people's points? Because so far in this thread you haven't done so at all.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  4. #24
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Canada prods China on Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Do you ever actually respond to people's points? Because so far in this thread you haven't done so at all.
    Because he disagrees with them, so they must be unimportant.




    Vader, look at it this way. Let's focus on one company. Let's say Wal-Mart goes out of business because of this. Do you think our economy right now could handle Wal-Mart closing down?
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Canada prods China on Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    Because he disagrees with them, so they must be unimportant.


    Vader, look at it this way. Let's focus on one company. Let's say Wal-Mart goes out of business because of this. Do you think our economy right now could handle Wal-Mart closing down?
    We're not discussing the economy in this country. Stop derailing the conversation.

    We're talking about ways of forcing China to knock off their bull****.

  6. #26
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Canada prods China on Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    We're not discussing the economy in this country. Stop derailing the conversation.

    We're talking about ways of forcing China to knock off their bull****.
    I'm not derailing the conversation. I'm trying to use a real world example to explain my point. You have no actual argument to back up your claims so you name call and avoid answering. Trying to force China to knock off their bull**** could in many cases hurt us badly.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Canada prods China on Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    I'm not derailing the conversation. I'm trying to use a real world example to explain my point. You have no actual argument to back up your claims so you name call and avoid answering. Trying to force China to knock off their bull**** could in many cases hurt us badly.
    You're derailing the thread by talking about the economy. This thread is NOT about by the ECONOMY.

    We're not talking about Walmart either. Stick to the topic or refrain from posting!

  8. #28
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Canada prods China on Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    You're derailing the thread by talking about the economy. This thread is NOT about by the ECONOMY.

    We're not talking about Walmart either. Stick to the topic or refrain from posting!
    The thread is about dealing with China. Dealing with China would harm the economy. Make sense, or should I use smaller words?
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  9. #29
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Canada prods China on Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Um.

    China, in response to a tariff, would just stop buying up our bonds. The US government would have to start printing money to make up the difference. China would just laugh and start selling off all its holdings of US currency.

    We'd really be shooting ourselves in the foot.
    If the US. placed crippling tariffs on all Chinese goods coming into this country.... just who would China sell all of those bonds to?.... who would buy them?

    BTW.. China just sold $34,000,000,000 worth of our debt in the last few days.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •