Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 120

Thread: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alphabet'

  1. #81
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It is not illegal to waterboard people.

    Waterboarding is still an option - Los Angeles Times



    So what exactly is your point? That it was done to some kid? Reap what you sow I guess.



    So then waterboarding is illegal? Either it is legal to engage in it or it is not.
    This little girl wasn't waterboarded


    So, again...


    FAIL
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #82
    Educator Alvin T. Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Last Seen
    10-08-10 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    839

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Maybe not, but it's still illogical.



    Yea, on terrorists. You know the difference between terrorists and little girls, don't you?
    When strapped to a board, very little.

  3. #83
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Ted Kennedy tried to specifically outlaw waterboarding, he failed.

    To my knowledge, waterboarding is still legal, I think just like any other form of interrogation that happens under extreme duress, it must be signed off on by the Pres and AG, I think that is current law, I'll research that one given time.
    waterboarding is illegal and has been illegal for quite some time. During the Reagan administration a texas sheriff and his deputies were prosecuted and sent to jail for waterboarding suspects.

  4. #84
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ....we do live in a society where we for 8 years we were constantly told that waterboarding was not torture. I guess some people actually did buy it.
    Oh give me a ****ing break with this bull**** Hautey.

    We live in a society where for decades we've been taught holding people prisoner in small cells for years and years upon a time, having interrogations where people are scream at and cursed at, and where a fist fight to solve problems "between men" isn't that uncommon and DEFINITELY not called torture....

    So I mean, naturally, by hautey's standards based on that asinine point of rhetoric he tried to make above, we should be locking our children in their rooms until they're 18, screaming at them and cursing at them, and if they're a boy kid we should definitely get into a fight with them anytime something bad happens and we need to solve the problem between men.

    I mean, cause its not "torture", so naturally we should do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    While I certainly don't in any way condone what this man did....I think we have to recognize that these are the costs that we as a society pay when we overtax our military and send men/women into mission after mission where they are taught these types of things and are told by many that it is not torture and that it is an appropriate use of punishment.
    I'm afraid that like Vietnam...we will be paying the costs of GWB's wars in many many many ways like this.
    Really Disney? You have a mental health degree we don't know about? Some great insight into what occured here or the mental health of this person? Do you have some military records for him we're not aware of telling us what he did or what he was taught? Or are you just taking advantage of a childs unfortunante circumstances to spew out your same typical hyperpartisan extreme liberal rhetoric in order to score political points off a horrible incident like this?

    I am afraid of a number of things, not that this is going to be like Vietnam, but that this country has more and more people like you in regards to your continual, politics in everything, take ANY moment to score cheap points by making wild near baseless accusations, and to hell with actual discourse or intellectual honesty or objectivity coming out on both sides of the aisle. I worry about that FAR more than I worry about this being an example of a "cost of war"

  5. #85
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Oh I do. But I don't think waterboarding is legal so I wouldn't do it.
    Its not a felony to curse at people. I guess you'd tell your kids "**** you dumbass" routinely cause you know, its not illegal.

    Its not illegal to insult people. I guess you'd tell your kids "You're worthless pieces of trash, you will do nothing in life, you are horrible, you deserve to die"

    Its not illegal to yell at people. I guess you'd scream at your kids in a lunatic rage whenever they did even the smallest thing wrong, cause you know, its not illegal.

    Its not illegal to disallow who your kids socialize with. So naturally Hautey when/if you have kids you'll just lock them in the house almost all times possible and allow them no interaction with other human beings cause, you know, again, its not illegal.

    Its not illegal to feed people horrible tasting things that give the bare nutrion needed to survive while you force them to sit and watch you eat extravagent large dinners, I'm sure this must then be your nightly activity.

    Because, as we've seen here apparently, if its not illegal then by god that's what parents should be doing.

  6. #86
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    While I certainly don't in any way condone what this man did....I think we have to recognize that these are the costs that we as a society pay when we overtax our military and send men/women into mission after mission where they are taught these types of things and are told by many that it is not torture and that it is an appropriate use of punishment.
    I'm afraid that like Vietnam...we will be paying the costs of GWB's wars in many many many ways like this.




    So its the military's fault?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #87
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So its the military's fault?
    No, man, it's Bush's fault. The Liberals learned a long time ago to keep their hatred for the military under wraps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #88
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, man, it's Bush's fault. The Liberals learned a long time ago to keep their hatred for the military under wraps.



    All this article was was some jackass taking a sick tragic event and use it to bring up waterboarding.


    This poor girl was not waterboarded but dont let that stop some jackasses from writing an article about waterboarding.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #89
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    I don't even care about him making a big point of waterboarding, unless as you say she didn't actually GET waterboarded. But if she did, yeah, make a big deal of it cause no father should ever do that to a child.

    What gets my goat though, almost as much as these, are people attempting to take a horrific incident like this and immedietely spin it, exaggerate it, make outlandish completely BASELESS accusations, for no other reason than to score political points and immedietely start chewing on the bone they always want to gnaw on. I find it AMAZINGLY hillariously sad and pathetic too when people who bitch every time someone dies and someone is classless by using it as an immediete excuse to rip someone would come in here and use this horrific story of this girl to immedietely start ripping into political positions that has NO FACTS backing up the fact it had anything to do with this.

  10. #90
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I don't even care about him making a big point of waterboarding, unless as you say she didn't actually GET waterboarded. But if she did, yeah, make a big deal of it cause no father should ever do that to a child.

    What gets my goat though, almost as much as these, are people attempting to take a horrific incident like this and immedietely spin it, exaggerate it, make outlandish completely BASELESS accusations, for no other reason than to score political points and immedietely start chewing on the bone they always want to gnaw on. I find it AMAZINGLY hillariously sad and pathetic too when people who bitch every time someone dies and someone is classless by using it as an immediete excuse to rip someone would come in here and use this horrific story of this girl to immedietely start ripping into political positions that has NO FACTS backing up the fact it had anything to do with this.



    exactly, from the inflamatory picture to the use of waterboarding terms, this article is shameless in its abuse of this incident.


    Quote Originally Posted by idiotic article
    During a police interview Tabor allegedly admitted grabbing his daughter, placing her on the kitchen counter and submerging her face into a bowl of water


    This is not "waterboarding".
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •