Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 120

Thread: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alphabet'

  1. #41
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The legality of waterboarding has depended on the claim that since it is not torture, then it is not only legal but allowable. If it is legal & allowable to waterboard somebody because it is not torture then I really do not see a problem with this at all. It is corporal punishment 21st century style.
    Is it legal and allowable to kill an enemy soldier on the battlefield? Yes, right?

    Would that justify a parent shooting his child? No, right?

    Nice attempt to place the blame for this on someone besides this dude, but...


    FAIL
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Ah so torture is now subjective? Well since it is subjective then I do not consider this torture.
    Well, then I hope you don't have children, for their sake.

  3. #43
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, it's child abuse.
    Torture and child abuse are not mutually exclusive.

  4. #44
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Torture and child abuse are not mutually exclusive.
    No, but trying to take the blame away from this man and putting it on a political figure makes them so. IOW, we no longer have a man abusing his child, but instead a former soldier who was indoctrinated in torture techniques and is now using them on his own child.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Is it legal and allowable to kill an enemy soldier on the battlefield?
    It is not illegal to waterboard people.

    Waterboarding is still an option - Los Angeles Times

    WASHINGTON — The White House said Wednesday that the widely condemned interrogation technique known as waterboarding is legal and that President Bush could authorize the CIA to resume using the simulated-drowning method under extraordinary circumstances.
    So what exactly is your point? That it was done to some kid? Reap what you sow I guess.

    Would that justify a parent shooting his child? No, right?

    Nice attempt to place the blame for this on someone besides this dude, but...

    FAIL
    So then waterboarding is illegal? Either it is legal to engage in it or it is not.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 02-10-10 at 02:41 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #46
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    Well, then I hope you don't have children, for their sake.
    Oh I do. But I don't think waterboarding is legal so I wouldn't do it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #47
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    While I certainly don't in any way condone what this man did....I think we have to recognize that these are the costs that we as a society pay when we overtax our military and send men/women into mission after mission where they are taught these types of things and are told by many that it is not torture and that it is an appropriate use of punishment.
    I'm afraid that like Vietnam...we will be paying the costs of GWB's wars in many many many ways like this.
    Well it didn't take long for the partisan hackers to arrive.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by other View Post
    So you're saying gas mask training = waterboarding?

    No, I don't think so. not at all.
    I agree.

    I survived the CS chamber. In reviewing the technique used by the aforementioned scumbag, I can tell you, in no uncertain terms, there is no comparison.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It is not illegal to waterboard people.

    Waterboarding is still an option - Los Angeles Times



    So what exactly is your point? That it was done to some kid? Reap what you sow I guess.



    So then waterboarding is illegal? Either it is legal to engage in it or it is not.
    It is NOT legal to waterboard a 4 year-old.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Oh I do. But I don't think waterboarding is legal so I wouldn't do it.
    Well, that's good.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •