Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 120

Thread: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alphabet'

  1. #91
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    While I certainly don't in any way condone what this man did....I think we have to recognize that these are the costs that we as a society pay when we overtax our military and send men/women into mission after mission where they are taught these types of things and are told by many that it is not torture and that it is an appropriate use of punishment.
    I'm afraid that like Vietnam...we will be paying the costs of GWB's wars in many many many ways like this.
    we pay a cost for every war we fight. unfortunately, these days, that cost doesn't seem to apply to most of our elected leaders.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #92
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, man, it's Bush's fault. The Liberals learned a long time ago to keep their hatred for the military under wraps.
    baseless accusation.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #93
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Oh what the ****.

    Okay, that teaches me for not reading the article more closely and just believing what it said at teh start.

    So stupid ****ing dumbass dad shoved his daughters face underwater as if to drown her because she's afraid of water and he's an jackass.....and we're calling that "waterboarding".

    I officially detest this writer with every fiber of my body. The obviousness now that he wrote this article not giving a DAMN about the child or what happened at her and was only salvating at the thought of using the terms waterboarding, torture, and CIA in a negative light. Seriously...I can't explain how just enraged this makes me.

    There is nothing, NOTHING, more disgusting and ugly in politics then **** like this.

  4. #94
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Oh what the ****.

    Okay, that teaches me for not reading the article more closely and just believing what it said at teh start.

    So stupid ****ing dumbass dad shoved his daughters face underwater as if to drown her because she's afraid of water and he's an jackass.....and we're calling that "waterboarding".

    I officially detest this writer with every fiber of my body. The obviousness now that he wrote this article not giving a DAMN about the child or what happened at her and was only salvating at the thought of using the terms waterboarding, torture, and CIA in a negative light. Seriously...I can't explain how just enraged this makes me.

    There is nothing, NOTHING, more disgusting and ugly in politics then **** like this.
    why is everyone so worked up over what this is called?

    the guy DID torture his daughter, and should be punished, as should his imbecilic gf.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #95
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    why is everyone so worked up over what this is called?

    the guy DID torture his daughter, and should be punished, as should his imbecilic gf.




    I am going to start calling your posts "waterboarding" from now on.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #96
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I am going to start calling your posts "waterboarding" from now on.....
    knock yourself out.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  7. #97
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    why is everyone so worked up over what this is called?

    the guy DID torture his daughter, and should be punished, as should his imbecilic gf.
    Normally I wouldn't. The guy is horrible and should be punished to the full extent of the law and frankly I wouldn't shed a tear if it went beyond that.

    That said...

    the reason people are getting worked up over what its called is because you have the author of the story and people in this thread using this girls horrific incident as a means to do nothing but bash the military, bash Bush, bash conservatives, and start hyper partisan grandstanding about waterboarding using this as their basis for it, when that isn't what even happened here.

    All it really does is show they didn't give a damn about what happened to this child and simply saw it as a means to get on their political soap box.

  8. #98
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Normally I wouldn't. The guy is horrible and should be punished to the full extent of the law and frankly I wouldn't shed a tear if it went beyond that.

    That said...

    the reason people are getting worked up over what its called is because you have the author of the story and people in this thread using this girls horrific incident as a means to do nothing but bash the military, bash Bush, bash conservatives, and start hyper partisan grandstanding about waterboarding using this as their basis for it, when that isn't what even happened here.

    All it really does is show they didn't give a damn about what happened to this child and simply saw it as a means to get on their political soap box.
    So, in other words, people should talk about what actually happened, and not use it as an excuse to bitch about their favorite targets? Such an unreasonable expectation...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #99
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Normally I wouldn't. The guy is horrible and should be punished to the full extent of the law and frankly I wouldn't shed a tear if it went beyond that.

    That said...

    the reason people are getting worked up over what its called is because you have the author of the story and people in this thread using this girls horrific incident as a means to do nothing but bash the military, bash Bush, bash conservatives, and start hyper partisan grandstanding about waterboarding using this as their basis for it, when that isn't what even happened here.

    All it really does is show they didn't give a damn about what happened to this child and simply saw it as a means to get on their political soap box.
    i didn't see the over the top behavior you've described. i saw some opinions which were most certainly elicited by the verbiage in the article.


    and the soldier clearly has mental issues, caused by deployment or not.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #100
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alpha

    Which is why I can't stand the actual writer of the story. The people in this thread I can at least a little bit forgive, though that's like a penny out of a dollar, because they were just going off of what the story was pushing as its tag line which was OMG! WATERBOARDINGZ!. Even I fell for it initially seeing the title, seeing the first line, and not really doing more than skimming the rest.

    So with them I'm only annoyed they're using the story to push a political point with baseless accusations and flimsly logic. With the author of this not only is he doing that, but he's doing that by completely ignoring the fact that he's writing falsehoods in his story.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •