Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 247

Thread: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    There's always room at the front for more gays.

    You don't want them behind you.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    If that's the case why did the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy originate with the Clinton adminstration?
    It didn't. Read DoD Dir. 1332.14. It simply got the name DADT under Clinton. Homosexuality has been explicitly banned from the military since 1982. Guess who was President then?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 02-09-10 at 07:59 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #63
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    There's always room at the front for more gays.

    You don't want them behind you.
    Don't worry...I don't think most of them would want to get anywhere close to you.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #64
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    Well this is pretty interesting...



    FULL ARTICLE
    I wonder how this squares with "Don't Ask Don't Tell"?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #65
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by towski View Post
    Your ignorance of what defines civil rights is only equalled by your ignorance of the history of their denial.
    Please define civil rights and the history of denial. Frankly, you could have previously written your views here and showed me where I was wrong, but you chose the insulting approach, not a very effective way to debate.

    This is as poor a post as you've ever managed, Bikeman, and you've had some doozies...
    Another example of an ineffective debating technique.

    Please give examples with links of my doozies.

    Homosexuality has been labeled a felony crime in the past, existing "Sodomy Laws" which prohibit oral and anal sexual intercourse, even between consenting adults, were primarily used to target homosexuals, the government denies openly gays employment to federal institutions like the military, one of the nation's largest employers.
    Here's some simple laws of man, which were inspired by God. God made man with a penis and woman with a vagina with the idea of using these tools in procreation. God made man desirous of women and the use of these tools pleasant so man and woman would continue to use these tools for creation of life. God did not make the anus for sexual intercourse. It was made for a means to evacuate the body of solid waste matter. For that reason, God did not make it pleasant to insert objects into the anal cavity. Therefore, if it was not pleasant, man and woman would not do it. Every tool had its purpose. Vagina to vagina didn't work. Penis to Penis didn't work. Penis in vagina is against God's laws, therefore deviant behavior.

    Look around you. You plug in your computer into the wall socket. The power cord is male. The wall socket is female. Male to male and female to female doesn't turn on your computer so therefore, your computer doesn't compute.

    Think of the creation story, if God had wanted men to be gay, he would have made two Adams in the Garden of Eden, but he didn't, did he? He made Eve. Have you ever wondered where the term sodomy originated? It's out of the Bible. It was a city that God destroyed because the same people you seem to think, are normal, were practicing these same acts in this city.

  6. #66
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Please define civil rights and the history of denial. Frankly, you could have previously written your views here and showed me where I was wrong, but you chose the insulting approach, not a very effective way to debate.



    Another example of an ineffective debating technique.

    Please give examples with links of my doozies.



    Here's some simple laws of man, which were inspired by God. God made man with a penis and woman with a vagina with the idea of using these tools in procreation. God made man desirous of women and the use of these tools pleasant so man and woman would continue to use these tools for creation of life. God did not make the anus for sexual intercourse. It was made for a means to evacuate the body of solid waste matter. For that reason, God did not make it pleasant to insert objects into the anal cavity. Therefore, if it was not pleasant, man and woman would not do it. Every tool had its purpose. Vagina to vagina didn't work. Penis to Penis didn't work. Penis in vagina is against God's laws, therefore deviant behavior.

    Look around you. You plug in your computer into the wall socket. The power cord is male. The wall socket is female. Male to male and female to female doesn't turn on your computer so therefore, your computer doesn't compute.

    Think of the creation story, if God had wanted men to be gay, he would have made two Adams in the Garden of Eden, but he didn't, did he? He made Eve. Have you ever wondered where the term sodomy originated? It's out of the Bible. It was a city that God destroyed because the same people you seem to think, are normal, were practicing these same acts in this city.
    This ridiculous post presumes an awful lot.

    In order for your argument to succeed, sex would only be to procreate. If men and women have sex for any other reason, it defeats your entire point.
    Men and Women must never have oral sex or anal sex. If they do, that defeats your entire argument and your point fails.
    By this argument, it would be a sin to masturbate. Do you believe that masturbation is a sin? If so, there are an awful lot of sinners doing an awful lot of sinning.
    and this doesn't even mention birth control. That would be a sin as well. Do you believe birth control is a sin?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #67
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It didn't. Read DoD Dir. 1332.14. It simply got the name DADT under Clinton. Homosexuality has been explicitly banned from the military since 1982. Guess who was President then?
    Homosexuals were banned from the military before 1982. Ronald Reagan didn't address the matter. It was military policy. Why should he?

    I know. It's all a vast right-winged conspiracy, but look at the following:

    The leading House Democrat on military policy said Friday that he opposes repealing the law that bans openly gay people from serving in the military.

    Seventeen years ago, Rep. Ike Skelton (D-Mo.) played a major role in crafting the controversial law known as "Don't ask, don't tell." When President Bill Clinton wanted to lift the ban preventing gay people from joining the military, Skelton opposed the move. The end result was a compromise under which gay service members would conceal their sexual orientation.
    Skelton opposes repeal of 'Don't ask, don't tell' - TheHill.com

    How do you explain a Democrat being against this policy, or for that matter coming up with the idea in the first place?

  8. #68
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Its the truth. The radical right-wing has tried to keep the best people out of the military because of their fears that if gays are allowed in the military, people might be more accepting of them in other areas such as marriage.

    If you care about this Country, you want the best people in the best positions.
    The right-wing doesn't care about that, they only care about advancing their right-wing anti-gay social agenda and they are willing to sacrifice the security interests of this country to do it.
    Radical right-wing??? Pulleaze, how long has the policy of no gays in the military been around? Hmmmm?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #69
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Homosexuals were banned from the military before 1982. Ronald Reagan didn't address the matter. It was military policy. Why should he?

    I know. It's all a vast right-winged conspiracy, but look at the following:



    Skelton opposes repeal of 'Don't ask, don't tell' - TheHill.com

    How do you explain a Democrat being against this policy, or for that matter coming up with the idea in the first place?
    The democrat in question was either a homophobe, anti-gay, or believed that gays openly serving in the military would be detrimental to the quality of our armed forces.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #70
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,985

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Let's undermine our military and morality two shots with one decision...

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •