Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 247

Thread: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

  1. #41
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course they are! That's the whole point. Our army isn't as good as it could be, because there aren't enough gays.
    Your words, not mine.

  2. #42
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,130

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course they are! That's the whole point. Our army isn't as good as it could be, because there aren't enough gays.
    Well....you ALMOST got it. What it is really saying is "Why exclude people from the military that have something to offer and are willing to serve".
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #43
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Your words, not mine.
    Damn right those are my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #44
    User towski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-27-10 @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    52

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Civil rights have nothing to do with this argument. Gays have always had civil rights. Blacks were the only ones who had their civil rights denied.
    Your ignorance of what defines civil rights is only equalled by your ignorance of the history of their denial.

    This is as poor a post as you've ever managed, Bikeman, and you've had some doozies...

    Homosexuality has been labeled a felony crime in the past, existing "Sodomy Laws" which prohibit oral and anal sexual intercourse, even between consenting adults, were primarily used to target homosexuals, the government denies openly gays employment to federal institutions like the military, one of the nation's largest employers.

  5. #45
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Well....you ALMOST got it. What it is really saying is "Why exclude people from the military that have something to offer and are willing to serve".
    And, if that had been ya'lls argument all along, you would have sold me. But, we all know it has nothing to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #46
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    People aren't really arguing that homosexuality gives you a better chance at being a kick-ass Spartan-like warrior... are they?

    Have we gone completely mad?
    I don't know... They certainly work out and keep their bodies in shape.

  7. #47
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    I prefer the term "human rights" to "civil rights" when debating these issues.

    Furthermore, military policy should have nothing to do with civil rights or prejudice. What should determine military policy is national security. Every study that has been conducted on DADT in the last 17 years has indicated that ending DADT would have no significant negative impact on national security, whereas things like firing 50 or so Arab translators certainly does. This one year study will determine the same, and the conservatives will lose on this issue, but not because it is a civil rights issue, rather because it is a national security issue. They will have to learn the hard way, that military policy can be no more dictated by their personal prejudices than by the liberal's call for equal rights.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 02-09-10 at 07:04 PM.

  8. #48
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    People aren't really arguing that homosexuality gives you a better chance at being a kick-ass Spartan-like warrior... are they?

    Have we gone completely mad?
    Gotta keep in shape if you want to attract yourself a good man.

    Those hetero boys don't have that drive.

  9. #49
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Gotta keep in shape if you want to attract yourself a good man.

    Those hetero boys don't have that drive.
    Because at the end of the day, we're real men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #50
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,130

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, if that had been ya'lls argument all along, you would have sold me. But, we all know it has nothing to do with it.
    Don't know why you say that....that is what it has ALWAYS been about.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •