Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 247

Thread: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

  1. #221
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Really. So you don't have a problem with Pedophiles? Hell, why should you worry about what other people do?
    Pedophiles are the one with the problem, not me. As long as they aren't hurting anyone, I could care less what they do.

    That kind of crap answer is what gets people who take your position into so much trouble. They love each other! Change the law!

    Its the same kind of lazy crap answer that can be destroyed.
    What's so lazy about live and let live? Sometimes the hardest thing to do is let other people be who they are and to just live your own life. Gays aren't hurting anyone, so why can't you just leave them alone to live their lives as they wish?

    And that argument gets destroyed the minute we actually do find a lifestyle you object to.
    Prove it.

  2. #222
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    wikipedia is probably one of the most unreliable sources there are.........until recently anyone could make changes there.........
    I listed a few news stories and I'm certain I could find hundreds more. I debunked his idiotic notions. I don't know why you are trying to defend him. Let him defend his own arguments.

  3. #223
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Obviously you are gay and quite passionate about your desires. But clearly, what I wrote pertained to governmental prescription, not random acts of violence for which people have been criminalized and penalized for their actions. If you think you have it so bad in your little American gay world, head into the desert and inform some of those governments of your desires. Perhaps then you will "wake the **** up" and recognize the world you live in.
    No, what you wrote was that gays are living wonderful, peaceful lives in this country. Don't lie about it. You didn't know what the **** you were talking about and you made an idiot of yourself. My sexual orientation has nothing to do with your distorted world view.

  4. #224
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Pedophiles are the one with the problem, not me. As long as they aren't hurting anyone, I could care less what they do.
    So having sex with children is ok with you as long as the kiddies don't hurt. Got it

    What's so lazy about live and let live? Sometimes the hardest thing to do is let other people be who they are and to just live your own life. Gays aren't hurting anyone, so why can't you just leave them alone to live their lives as they wish?
    We are. No one is interferring with homosexuals. You want to change the law to go beyond live and let live to equal visibility under the law.. To change the law requires evidence to supporting changing that law. "Live and let live" isn't evidence, its emotion.

    Prove it.
    I just did with pedos.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #225
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,056

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Yes it is. It's also untrue. Between them those countries have lost over 500 troops in action in Afghanistan. I salute their contribution and sacrifice. Do you?
    Of course. Probably more so than those who have never even worked with a foriegn military. But my idea of "in the fight" is a little different from most.

    US 1007
    UK 266
    Canada 140

    France 40
    Germany 34
    Denmark 31
    Spain 28
    Italy 22
    Netherlands 21
    Poland 16
    Romania 12
    Australia 11
    Estonia 7
    Norway 5
    Sweden 4
    Czech 3
    Latvia 3
    Hungary 2
    Portugal 2
    Turkey 2
    Belgium 1
    Finland 1
    Jordan 1
    Lithuania 1
    South Korea 1


    Total 1666
    iCasualties | Operation Enduring Freedom | Afghanistan


    Now, 1413 of these deaths are American, UK, and Canadian. The same Anglo English speaking nations that usually bear the brunt for the Western "team." This leaves about 253 between all of the rest. I don't know where you got "500." Seems to me that three countries are really "in the fight" while the rest have merely showed up and been caught in a few ambushes. The argument given by Europeans is that it is right that more Americans bleed because this is an American fight. But this isn't new. This is occurred in every single expedition where the western "team" has been active. In the Gulf War it was Americans that bore the brunt while the rest hung back and threw parades. In Somalia it was Americans that faced the tough missions while the rest hung back in their compounds. It was Americans that flew the majority of the sorties over "Yugoslavia." And so on. Even during the Cold War it was Americans that bled in Asia more than any other. Why, even as far back as WWII it was American troops that bled more than even French troops in Europe (always dismissed by those who attribute all of Europe's success to Russians and the British these days.)

    So, when someone like me laughs at the idea that they are "in the fight" I truly mean to laugh because the term means something different to me. The only way some people would understand what I mean is if we could go back in time and change a few things. Perhaps in an alternate reality the bare minimum of American troops would participate with guarantees of safety and little respsonsibility while others bled and participated "in the fight."

    I am tired of U.S. Marines dying because Europeans are offered the luxury of being allowed to hold back behind us.
    Last edited by MSgt; 02-26-10 at 11:32 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  6. #226
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,056

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    No, what you wrote was that gays are living wonderful, peaceful lives in this country. Don't lie about it. You didn't know what the **** you were talking about and you made an idiot of yourself.My sexual orientation has nothing to do with your distorted world view.
    Well let's go ahead and pull my post in its entirety..

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt
    Gays are not murdered and hanged for being gay in America. Gays live quite openly without fear of persecution in America.
    Words like "wonderful and peaceful" weren't even there. So allow me to reverse your accusation that I lied and accuse you (with proof) that you are a liar. And my world view is more true than you will ever know civilian.

    But, since you did bring up words like "wonderful and peaceful"....consider how good you have it in America as compared to countries where you would be hung as a matter of legal recourse.

    It is you that has made an idiot of yourself. Gain control of your emotions. You see, my problem really isn't with gays in the military. It's with you civilian gays who want military gays to go through the hardship for your personal emotional needs. I've brought this up before. Perhaps you missed it.
    Last edited by MSgt; 02-26-10 at 11:30 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  7. #227
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Well let's go ahead and pull my post in its entirety..



    Words like "wonderful and peaceful" weren't even there. So allow me to reverse your accusation that I lied and accuse you (with proof) that you are a liar. And my world view is more true than you will ever know civilian.

    But, since you did bring up words like "wonderful and peaceful"....consider how good you have it in America as compared to countries where you would be hung as a matter of legal recourse.

    It is you that has made an idiot of yourself. Gain control of your emotions. You see, my problem really isn't with gays in the military. It's with you civilian gays who want military gays to go through the hardship for your personal emotional needs. I've brought this up before. Perhaps you missed it.
    Meh, military gays don't have to come out just because DADT is repealed. Your reasoning is pretty sketchy at best. Furthermore, if you want to get literal, the words you used were gays can live "without fear of persecution in America." Given that there are gay people who are persecuted and killed in this country just because they are gay, that was a ludicrous statement on your part, but we both know you feel too proud Mr. Military Man, to admit that you were wrong.

    The only reason America is where it is with homosexuality now is because of science and the brave actions of gay rights activists over the years. The two forces that that create the strongest animosity towards homosexuality in other countries are Islam and American Evangelical Christianity, the latter of which has made Africa the unfriendliest continent to gays. We only have to look as far as Uganda to see how right wing American influence has affected that country. Three evangelicals who went to that country used the same propaganda that they use here in America to incite that country into creating a death bill for "repeat offender" gays by arguing that gays were out to recruit children and destroy families.

    Forgive me if I seem emotional, but I'm not stupid. If conservatives like tex, Baron, and NP had their way, then sodomy would still be on the books as a punishable offense as it was only 7 years ago in most states. Conservatives generally want to see homosexuality criminalized and want to see gays persecuted. Hell, a recent poll found that over 70% of Republicans still want to ban gays and lesbians from being teachers in state schools. The fact that you pretend that gays aren't persecuted in this country, even to this day is just evidence of willful ignorance.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 02-27-10 at 03:59 AM.

  8. #228
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    So having sex with children is ok with you as long as the kiddies don't hurt. Got it
    Are you dense?

    I mean seriously, what the hell are talking about? An adult having sex with a child is not comparable to an adult having sex with another consenting adult. The former is harmful, the latter is not. You are making an irrelevant comparison. If pedophiles aren't out molesting kids, then I could care less what they are doing because they aren't hurting anyone. How does a gay person having sex with a consenting adult hurt you or anyone?

    We are. No one is interferring with homosexuals. You want to change the law to go beyond live and let live to equal visibility under the law.. To change the law requires evidence to supporting changing that law. "Live and let live" isn't evidence, its emotion.
    What is the evidence that has been used to deny gays equality to begin with? You guys were the ones who created discriminatory laws to begin with that were based on emotion rather than evidence. We are only trying to do away with those faulty policies and laws.

    I just did with pedos.
    No, you just made yourself look like an idiot by comparing consenting sex between adults to child molestation. As I said, I could care less what people do with their lives as long as they aren't hurting others. That is the principle of live and let live.

  9. #229
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,056

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Your reasoning is pretty sketchy at best.
    What reasoning? I reasoned nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Furthermore, if you want to get literal, the words you used were gays can live "without fear of persecution in America." Given that there are gay people who are persecuted and killed in this country just because they are gay, that was a ludicrous statement on your part, but we both know you feel too proud Mr. Military Man, to admit that you were wrong.
    It's like you have a learning disability. You invent words out of my post and then accuse me of wanting to be literal when I slap you across the face with the post? And on top of this, you seek to dumb down my post to fit your mistake? I was not wrong. You were wrong because you are emotional. My post was clear for all to see just how wrong you were. I'm afraid a few illegal criminal acts in America does not equal gay legal persecution in the Middle East (on any level). And this is exactly what my post meant. But if you insist on pretending that you can't see this to save face on an Internet Site, what am I to conclude about you?


    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Forgive me if I seem emotional, but I'm not stupid.
    ...And what happens to be people when they get too emotional?

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  10. #230
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Outspoken gay activist called back to active Army duty

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    What reasoning? I reasoned nothing.
    Clearly.

    It's like you have a learning disability. You invent words out of my post and then accuse me of wanting to be literal when I slap you across the face with the post? And on top of this, you seek to dumb down my post to fit your mistake? I was not wrong. You were wrong because you are emotional. My post was clear for all to see just how wrong you were. I'm afraid a few illegal criminal acts in America does not equal gay legal persecution in the Middle East (on any level). And this is exactly what my post meant. But if you insist on pretending that you can't see this to save face on an Internet Site, what am I to conclude about you?
    Very well. For the last 7 years, gays have not faced significant legal persecution in America for being gay. Putting aside the fact that only 7 years ago you could go to prison for 5 to 10 years in several states for "sodomy", I would say that if you want people to interpret your post in the legal sense, then you probably should not have included the words, "Gays are not murdered and hanged for being gay in America" which is a blatant lie. Also the fact that you would call dozens of incidents over recent years, "a few" illegal criminal acts demonstrates exactly how ludicrous your point of view is. You accuse me of being emotional, but your own pride keeps you from admitting that America isn't exactly peachy keen on gays. Furthermore, you ignored my point that American social conservative influence has actually perpetuated the animosity towards gays in many other countries.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 02-27-10 at 03:22 PM.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •