Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 187

Thread: Gang interventionist gunned down after confronting tagger

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gang interventionist gunned down after confronting tagger

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    what would propose, I am sure anyone is open to a good idea, I am.
    I agree that there needs to be tougher enforcement, however, some suggestions swing all the way from the left to the far right.

    Tougher and longer community service could be done for starters. Education in this country is also part of the problem. The education system suchs because too many people focus (and blame) the schools to teach their kids about morals and what is right and wrong.

  2. #82
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Gang interventionist gunned down after confronting tagger

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I agree that there needs to be tougher enforcement, however, some suggestions swing all the way from the left to the far right.

    Tougher and longer community service could be done for starters. Education in this country is also part of the problem. The education system suchs because too many people focus (and blame) the schools to teach their kids about morals and what is right and wrong.
    This is what I proposed on another forum awhile ago, and I am not as mean as you may think but, I do know when to draw the line.

    If a gangster is caught committing a felony:

    I would sentence to hard labor and education far away from their environment. There wouldn't be sentencing guideline, the condition of their release would to be obtain a H.S. diploma..not a G.E.D. and 2 years of trade or higher education. Job placement would be required for 5 years overseas. If this is completed then they get released with a clean record, no marks what's so ever. The record would only be known to the courts and must be released if caught committing another crime, no plea agreements or omitting of record.

    Now if the gangster commits another crime, then all will be washed down the drain, and he will serve no less than 20 years. Of course this will only apply to felonies. Now this will leave him a opportunity to be a active and law abiding citizen..,his choice.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Gang interventionist gunned down after confronting tagger

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Where have you seen 12-year-olds joining the LK? What neighborhood?
    You are aware that any made member and their offspring are considered Latin Kings? There was a kid I went to highschool with and he was a Latin King. Why? Because his parents were so that made him a Latin King and he showed it(black and yellow(though he claimed that that shirt was gold not yellow, it was yellow trust me) are their colors). He was proud to be a king, and unfortuanately a lot of mexican kids wanted to be his friend because they wanted in. This kid had a brother and his brother was a LK. He was young, 12. So yes I have seen a Latin King that was 12. And I don't live in a bad neighborhood. If you believe that the Latin Kings are only in Chicago and not the surrounding suburbs you are mistaken.

  4. #84
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gang interventionist gunned down after confronting tagger

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    It isn't hard to firgure out the gangs and who they are, they mark themselves with tatoo's, where colors etc.,,that's who you target. This country had to do the same thing in the 18th and early part of the twenth century, with gangs out of control, and we haven't turned into a police state today.
    They went after them legally in the 20th century and not just killing anyone associated. They actually had to commit a crime. The 18th century gang situation was very different.

    Freedom of association is guaranteed by our Constitution.

    Why don't you learn a little about what drives youths to gangs ...

    "The Crips were formed out of the poor socio-economic and repressive conditions which African-Americans living in Los Angeles were subject to in the late 1960's. As police continued to jail and kill black youths in seeking to destroy the Black Panther Party, The Crips were formed in 1969 by Raymond Washington, loosely acting as a community organization which aimed to help disenfranchised African-American communities of L.A. The Bloods quickly followed, with a mandate to protect the community from external violence. [12] As job cuts continued to rise and employers began to hire from the cheaper labour pool of the expanding Latino immigrant community, [13] unemployment rates of African-American men reached as high as 50% in several areas of South Central Los Angeles, [14] opening up large recruitment markets for the burgeoning gangs. - [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangs_in_the_United_States]Gangs in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Gang interventionist gunned down after confronting tagger

    Where did Pete go? I'm still waiting for his comment that there is no gang violence in America to be supported.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #86
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gang interventionist gunned down after confronting tagger

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Of course, we wouldn't want to stereotype a gang member by any means.
    When it comes to the 1 person in the article, yes it is.

    Next time actually read what I said in context. What a concept!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #87
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gang interventionist gunned down after confronting tagger

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    It isn't hard to firgure out the gangs and who they are, they mark themselves with tatoo's, where colors etc.,,that's who you target. This country had to do the same thing in the 18th and early part of the twenth century, with gangs out of control, and we haven't turned into a police state today.
    Yes we have. All you need to do is be Hispanic or Black in an inner city neighborhood.

    I lived in the inner city and I was a police officer as well. I have seen both sides.

    You are wrong, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #88
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gang interventionist gunned down after confronting tagger

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    So blackdog are you advocating protecting these gangs.
    Are you a moron? I am advocating the rule of law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #89
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gang interventionist gunned down after confronting tagger

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    ever heard of Elliot Ness, read his bio.

    here another link wiki..sorry using wiki.


    Eliot Ness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    And in the end what did he do to get Capone? He used the LAW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #90
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Gang interventionist gunned down after confronting tagger

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    They went after them legally in the 20th century and not just killing anyone associated. They actually had to commit a crime. The 18th century gang situation was very different.

    Freedom of association is guaranteed by our Constitution.

    Why don't you learn a little about what drives youths to gangs ...

    "The Crips were formed out of the poor socio-economic and repressive conditions which African-Americans living in Los Angeles were subject to in the late 1960's. As police continued to jail and kill black youths in seeking to destroy the Black Panther Party, The Crips were formed in 1969 by Raymond Washington, loosely acting as a community organization which aimed to help disenfranchised African-American communities of L.A. The Bloods quickly followed, with a mandate to protect the community from external violence. [12] As job cuts continued to rise and employers began to hire from the cheaper labour pool of the expanding Latino immigrant community, [13] unemployment rates of African-American men reached as high as 50% in several areas of South Central Los Angeles, [14] opening up large recruitment markets for the burgeoning gangs. - Gangs in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Exactly and I wasn't advocating any other style of law enforcement but, when meant with force will be responded with force..overwhelming force. Elliot Ness did exactly that and it was effective. His investigation where proactive and aggressive where as today there are not. Also the community, courts where actually on the side of the law and no plea deals where handed down. Go back further in time with the Texas rangers and U.S. Marshalls with gangs from Mexico and range wars with the cattlemen, even more aggressive tactics where used and also very effective. Gen Patton's days as a Junior officer with Gen. Sherman with border incursions by Pancho Villa also where very effective.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •