Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 371

Thread: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

  1. #211
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Buy 'em books, send 'em to school....
    .....and nary but few listen in and get indoctrinated like all your liberal robotic children do. These peskies, these "em's" you buy books for Captain...they're more inclined to learn more about life than just whats in the classroom. They're encouraged to speak up and deny lies like man made global warming. They're smarter than to think abortion is a "right" to choose. They're taught that they need to use their own life's experiences and many different lessons to mold and shape their own lives...not to listen and believe everything you hear on TV or from your liberally educated teachers.

    Furthermore, it's been proven on these threads which of us actually read any books at all while in school. Many have proven in here they not only were purchased books...but all they did was chew on the cover.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  2. #212
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Oh no! Now I got liberal robotic children hiding under my bed!

    First, it was commies.

    Then it was terrorists.

    Now it's my own mindless, drone children.

    That settles it. I'm blocking FOXNews from their TV sets.
    Last edited by Captain America; 02-09-10 at 01:32 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  3. #213
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    aps, this man would put me in prison or death, to further his agenda.. .


    his death, potentially saved the lives of honoable men. Excuse me if I do a jig or two.


    eff him
    I felt the exact same way Reagan died. All of the people who died as a result of him sitting back and doing absolutely nothing during the AIDS crisis and allowing it to develop into an epidemic simply because he didn't care.....were not redeemed by his passing. However, he finally got his due and I can only say its too bad it didn't happen sooner.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #214
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I felt the exact same way Reagan died. All of the people who died as a result of him sitting back and doing absolutely nothing during the AIDS crisis and allowing it to develop into an epidemic simply because he didn't care.....were not redeemed by his passing. However, he finally got his due and I can only say its too bad it didn't happen sooner.
    Whoa! That's pretty harsh on ol' Ronnie. A.I.D.S. is all his fault? I think that's a stretch.

    I don't want to wish death on anyone (well, maybe a few.)

    Can you imagine how the hate threads are gonna fly the day Bush passes away? He has a LOT of our nation's finest blood on his hands.

    Whatever. It's all selective and hypocritical.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #215
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I felt the exact same way Reagan died. All of the people who died as a result of him sitting back and doing absolutely nothing during the AIDS crisis and allowing it to develop into an epidemic simply because he didn't care.....were not redeemed by his passing. However, he finally got his due and I can only say its too bad it didn't happen sooner.
    Nevermind all those people that ignored the threat and practiced unsafe sex. They share zero responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #216
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,255

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I felt the exact same way Reagan died. All of the people who died as a result of him sitting back and doing absolutely nothing during the AIDS crisis and allowing it to develop into an epidemic simply because he didn't care.....were not redeemed by his passing. However, he finally got his due and I can only say its too bad it didn't happen sooner.
    The CDC was intimately involved during this time. It wasn't even named HIV until 1986, half way through Reagan's last term. Your argument is not only inaccurate, it's unbalanced. What should he have done, they hardly even understood what they were dealing with at the time.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #217
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Well, you and I are in agreement there. Maybe we should sit down and trade ideas. Then again, I'm pretty radical. You may not like my ideas.
    You wouldn't like mine either

  8. #218
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Whoa! That's pretty harsh on ol' Ronnie. A.I.D.S. is all his fault? I think that's a stretch.

    I don't want to wish death on anyone (well, maybe a few.)

    Can you imagine how the hate threads are gonna fly the day Bush passes away? He has a LOT of our nation's finest blood on his hands.

    Whatever. It's all selective and hypocritical.
    Never said it was his fault. But it grew exponentially into an epidemic due to his lack of leadership. He didn't care. It was only affecting gay people.
    Under a compassionate leader, efforts could have been undertaken that would have saved thousands of lives. Reagan couldn't even utter the word for years.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #219
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Never said it was his fault. But it grew exponentially into an epidemic due to his lack of leadership. He didn't care. It was only affecting gay people.
    Under a compassionate leader, efforts could have been undertaken that would have saved thousands of lives. Reagan couldn't even utter the word for years.
    You're basically calling it his fault...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #220
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nevermind all those people that ignored the threat and practiced unsafe sex. They share zero responsibility.
    THAT certainly was part of Reagan's belief system.

    Certainly they shared responsibility, but most people DID start practicing safe sex when AIDS came about. The educational effort on the part of the educational community was incredible. The federal government's response under Reagan was pathetic and thousands upon thousands died as a result of his inaction.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •