Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 371

Thread: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

  1. #191
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    His to ruin.

    What are traitorous methods of war opposition?
    If a politician comes out against the war and then later the people do the same, the enemy becomes emboldened. They know that all they have to do is wait out America before the next leader loses the stomach for the war. Remember Viet Nam and how America finally lost the stomach to fight it? If we had politicians like Murtha and all the other anti-war people, we would have lost WWII, and none of us would have the freedom we have to discuss politics on this forum.

  2. #192
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    His to ruin.

    What are traitorous methods of war opposition?



    lying about troops and crimes.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #193
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,664

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    How about the other 10 women Clinton raped an and assaulted.....
    Just curious old friend, but if Murtha is an asshole for accusing troops of crimes, that they were never convicted of, what does that make someone, who accuses Horn Dog Clinton of crimes, that he was never convicted of?

    A Murtha or a hypocrite? Or both?

    You see where I'm coming from?

    It's no biggee.

    Just curious.

    Here are ten of the worst lies told regarding the Iraqi war. Guess who told 'em?

    1. "The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program ... Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes and other equipment needed for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons."

    FACT: This story, leaked to and breathlessly reported by Judith Miller in the New York Times, has turned out to be complete baloney. Department of Energy officials, who monitor nuclear plants, say the tubes could not be used for enriching uranium. One intelligence analyst, who was part of the tubes investigation, angrily told The New Republic: "You had senior American officials like Condoleezza Rice saying the only use of this aluminum really is uranium centrifuges. She said that on television. And that's just a lie."

    2. "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."
    FACT: This whopper was based on a document that the White House already knew to be a forgery thanks to the CIA. Sold to Italian intelligence by some hustler, the document carried the signature of an official who had been out of office for 10 years and referenced a constitution that was no longer in effect. The ex-ambassador who the CIA sent to check out the story is pissed: "They knew the Niger story was a flat-out lie," he told the New Republic, anonymously. "They [the White House] were unpersuasive about aluminum tubes and added this to make their case more strongly."

    3. "We believe [Saddam] has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons."
    FACT: There was and is absolutely zero basis for this statement. CIA reports up through 2002 showed no evidence of an Iraqi nuclear weapons program.

    <snip>

    You can read the rest of the lies right here if one is so inclined. --> Ten Appalling Lies We Were Told About Iraq | | AlterNet

    Point being, while everyone is feigning their disdain to this "lying traitor" John Murtha, where is their disdain for the monumental lies told that cost countless lives, many of them our own children.

    If this is how you guys support and honor our veterans who have served honorably, all the while honoring the liars that brought us to war in the first place, I want no part of your cult.

    Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Captain America; 02-09-10 at 12:09 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #194
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    If a politician comes out against the war and then later the people do the same, the enemy becomes emboldened. They know that all they have to do is wait out America before the next leader loses the stomach for the war. Remember Viet Nam and how America finally lost the stomach to fight it? If we had politicians like Murtha and all the other anti-war people, we would have lost WWII, and none of us would have the freedom we have to discuss politics on this forum.
    Ohhhhh ..I see nothing wrong with that. I guess that makes me a traitorous bunny ..LOL

  5. #195
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Ohhhhh ..I see nothing wrong with that. I guess that makes me a traitorous bunny ..LOL
    The terrorists already know that some American people don't support the war on terrorism. It doesn't matter to them, since they started the war on all American people, even the anti-war protestors.

  6. #196
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Times like these always bring to mind legacies and what is Murtha's? Once a solid voice for the military, he'll be remembered for his disingenuous war opposition and calling marines murderers when they were later acquitted. He acted shamefully but then, diggin into his past we see wheelbarrels of pork streaming into his district, he'll be remembered as a corrupt, untruthful politician and it's a telling reality for the Democrat Party.

    The disingenuous fake and selective opposition to the Iraq war bordered on treasonous for some, shameful for others. Many observers making remarks will have to live with those remarks and when soldiers return home or are acquitted, many are going to pay a reputation price. Harry Reid, John Murtha, Nancy Pelosi, they'll all have serious and in some cases fatal character flaws that won't nor can't be ignored.

    On a personal note, may God allow Murtha to rest in peace. John will have much explaining to do, however.
    i didn't respect murtha because of the way he conducted business - exactly the way we think of politicians acting - self serving and in the dark. however, the one aspect of the guy that deserves kudos is his support of our troops. and the courage to take a stand against the war, to save American lives and to mitigate the growth of terrorism, almost cost him his congressional seat. that stand against the war was fact based - no one had a better feedback mechanism from the military than his office
    murtha wrote president bush in 2003 with this warning:
    “we have severely miscalculated the magnitude of the effort we are facing”. murtha conveyed that he agreed with an assessment by john hamre (CEO, CSIS) that we have a “narrow window of opportunity available to deliver progress in terms of economic infrastructure, security and basic service improvements.”
    it took the military seven months to get back to him
    and in 2005 he came out against the continuation of the war
    just as i opposed his mentor, tip o'neill, and his brand of backroom, deal cutting, often corrupt politics, i opposed murtha. but murtha's opposition to the war was an act of courage, not the traitorous acts you have pretended them to be. for such treasonous actions you should instead look to dick cheney, who outed a covert CIA agent purely for partisan political gain. i am guessing you expressed no opposition to such treasonous steps taken by that traitor and his convicted minion
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #197
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    The terrorists already know that some American people don't support the war on terrorism. It doesn't matter to them, since they started the war on all American people, even the anti-war protestors.
    The war is being fought wrong. That's why I oppose it.

  8. #198
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i didn't respect murtha because of the way he conducted business - exactly the way we think of politicians acting - self serving and in the dark. however, the one aspect of the guy that deserves kudos is his support of our troops. and the courage to take a stand against the war, to save American lives and to mitigate the growth of terrorism, almost cost him his congressional seat. that stand against the war was fact based - no one had a better feedback mechanism from the military than his office
    murtha wrote president bush in 2003 with this warning:
    “we have severely miscalculated the magnitude of the effort we are facing”. murtha conveyed that he agreed with an assessment by john hamre (CEO, CSIS) that we have a “narrow window of opportunity available to deliver progress in terms of economic infrastructure, security and basic service improvements.”
    it took the military seven months to get back to him
    and in 2005 he came out against the continuation of the war
    just as i opposed his mentor, tip o'neill, and his brand of backroom, deal cutting, often corrupt politics, i opposed murtha. but murtha's opposition to the war was an act of courage, not the traitorous acts you have pretended them to be. for such treasonous actions you should instead look to dick cheney, who outed a covert CIA agent purely for partisan political gain. i am guessing you expressed no opposition to such treasonous steps taken by that traitor and his convicted minion
    But Murtha calling Marines, murderers and refusing to apologize when it wa discovered that what he said was unfounded, invalidated all the good things he did. Frankly, I don't know of any good things he did.

  9. #199
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,664

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    But Murtha calling Marines, murderers and refusing to apologize when it wa discovered that what he said was unfounded, invalidated all the good things he did. Frankly, I don't know of any good things he did.
    Does it bother you that Cheney and Bush never apologized when it was revealed that their race to war with Iraq was unfounded, invalidated, manipulated and cherry picked (and as a result, many of these troops you say Murtha slandered are, in fact, dead.)

    Is this selective criticism drawn down party lines? You betcha.
    Last edited by Captain America; 02-09-10 at 12:15 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  10. #200
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Just curious old friend, but if Murtha is an asshole for accusing troops of crimes, that they were never convicted of, what does that make someone, who accuses Horn Dog Clinton of crimes, that he was never convicted of?

    A Murtha or a hypocrite? Or both?

    You see where I'm coming from?

    It's no biggee.

    Just curious.

    Here are ten of the worst lies told regarding the Iraqi war. Guess who told 'em?

    1. "The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program ... Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes and other equipment needed for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons."

    FACT: This story, leaked to and breathlessly reported by Judith Miller in the New York Times, has turned out to be complete baloney. Department of Energy officials, who monitor nuclear plants, say the tubes could not be used for enriching uranium. One intelligence analyst, who was part of the tubes investigation, angrily told The New Republic: "You had senior American officials like Condoleezza Rice saying the only use of this aluminum really is uranium centrifuges. She said that on television. And that's just a lie."

    2. "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."
    FACT: This whopper was based on a document that the White House already knew to be a forgery thanks to the CIA. Sold to Italian intelligence by some hustler, the document carried the signature of an official who had been out of office for 10 years and referenced a constitution that was no longer in effect. The ex-ambassador who the CIA sent to check out the story is pissed: "They knew the Niger story was a flat-out lie," he told the New Republic, anonymously. "They [the White House] were unpersuasive about aluminum tubes and added this to make their case more strongly."

    3. "We believe [Saddam] has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons."
    FACT: There was and is absolutely zero basis for this statement. CIA reports up through 2002 showed no evidence of an Iraqi nuclear weapons program.

    <snip>

    You can read the rest of the lies right here if one is so inclined. --> Ten Appalling Lies We Were Told About Iraq | | AlterNet

    Point being, while everyone is feigning their disdain to this "lying traitor" John Murtha, where is their disdain for the monumental lies told that cost countless lives, many of them our own children.

    If this is how you guys support and honor our veterans who have served honorably, all the while honoring the liars that brought us to war in the first place, I want no part of your cult.

    Just sayin'.



    if only they pulled those comments and beliefs out of thier ass...


    If The Bush Administration Lied About WMD, So Did These People -- Version 3.0 - Right Wing News (Conservative News and Views)



    anyway, anti-war is fine, I'd die protecting your right to protest....


    But to falsey slander marines as murderers (a capital crime) Murtha in the minds of many service members, and veterans was a straight up traitor who should have been hanged.


    Eff his rotting corpse with soro's rotting cod piece.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •