Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 371

Thread: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

  1. #91
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    Your "proof" was nothing more than an opinion piece from an opinion media by an opinionator.... That is not proof. That is like asking Rush The Drug Addict if he wants the country to succeed in getting the economic hole while Obama is POTUS.
    ok.


    Murtha's Haditha remarks-


    "It [Haditha, Marines] is as bad as Abu Ghraib, if not worse."
    (Murtha, May 2006)

    "They [the Marines/Military] knew the day after this happened that it was not as they portrayed it. They knew that they (marines) went into the rooms, they killed the people in the taxi. There was no firing at all. And this comes from the highest authority in the Marine Corps, so there's no question in my mind,"
    (Murtha, May 2006)

    "... they [Marine] killed innocent civilians in cold blood."
    (Murtha, May 17, 2006 at news conference)

    "There was no firefight. There was no IED that killed these innocent people. Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood"
    (Murtha, May 19, 2006)

    "They actually went into the houses and killed women and children. And there was about twice as many as originally reported by Times."
    (Murtha, Reuters, May 19, 2006)

    "Our troops over-reacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood."
    (Murtha, ARAB WORLD NEWS, May 19, 2006)

    "It's [Haditha, Marines] much worse than reported in Time magazine."
    (Murtha, News.comAU, May 18, 2006)

    BLITZER: The marines say they're still investigating. They don't know what happened yet. The pentagon says the same thing. How do you know what happened?

    MURTHA: Wolf, you read the "Time" magazine articles. There are pictures, there are photos. You don't have to talk to the military about the proof.
    (Murtha, on CNN/Wolf Blitzer, May 19, 2006

    Boot Murtha: Murtha-Speak... in his own words


    Marine Cleared In Haditha Massacre

    Marine Plans To File Slander Suit Against Murtha

    Marine cleared over Iraq killings

    Marine cleared in Haditha case

    Third Marine Is Cleared of Charges, Given Immunity

    Murtha sued over remarks

    Highest-ranking officer cleared in Haditha deaths
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  2. #92
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    By that logic, the folks in Iraq aren't paying any attention to Abu Grhraib nor Gitmo.
    No. By that logic you'd be wrong with the examples you presented because you have proven over and over again that you can not use logic properly. They are three different issues entirely.

    Abu Ghraib happened in Iraq. It involved 24/7 news play on all major networks around the world. Networks the general populace have in Iraq. Such as Al-Jazeera. It would be impossible to have missed that particular issue considering it was being hammered by any news network who wanted a ratings boost.

    Secondly, Guantanamo Bay is an international issue which is known around the entire world. The fact that it is on Cuban soil, and the fact that it is where we decided to put all the undesirables we captured in Iraq and Afghanistan made it news again.

    Do you understand the difference between the comment of a single person like Murtha vs. Abu Ghraib & Guantanamo yet? Haditha didn't put people in danger because a U.S. representative most Arabs have never heard of said it was murder. Haditha put people in danger because it involved the death of kids, women and unarmed men at the hands of U.S. marines. Seriously. That somebody would be stupid enough to say comments actually put people in danger is quite a gap in "logic".

    Yes? reckon they're not the proganda generators that the Liberals have led us to believe they are.
    Before you try using logic, please use logic?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 02-08-10 at 10:43 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #93
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You mean that most Americans automatically assumed that, without a trial, without seeing any of the evidence that those Marines who were falsely charged with murder were automatically guilty?

    And you want to try and portray yourself as one of those holier-than-thou-centrist mother****ers? Really? Totally incredible!

    Please, tell me I'm not the only one here old enough to remember the savings and loan scandal.
    Booo hoo hooo..

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #94
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    Marine faces final hurdle in Haditha case

    Cleared of wrongdoing at every step, officer must fight accusations again

    By Drew Zahn
    2010 WorldNetDaily

    Four years after the so-called "Haditha Massacre," cited by U.S. Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., to publicly accuse U.S. Marines of being cold-blooded killers, Lt. Col. Jeffrey Chessani faces a board of inquiry tomorrow, hoping to clear his name yet again of alleged wrongdoing.

    As WND reported, Chessani was the highest-ranking officer charged in the Haditha incident, when insurgents attacked U.S. Marines in Iraq while using civilians as shields. A series of investigations found nothing wrong until Murtha publicly accused the Marines of murdering Iraqis.

    ------------
    I do not beleive that the inteligent thinkers among us really would believe the fairy tale that all it took was an "accusation" by some old Conressman to open an investigation. Let's be real here people if the Military or the Justice Department went around investigating every time som Cogressman/woman made a real or percieved "accusation" or called for a n investigation all of the Democrats in Congress would be under investigation. Remember that whackjob of a Congresswomasn from up in Wisconcin or Minnesota said that all Democrats should be investigated for lack of patriotism or some stupid accusation the whackjob made !!!
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  5. #95
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    No. By that logic you'd be wrong with the examples you presented because you have proven over and over again that you can not use logic properly. They are three different issues entirely.

    Abu Ghraib happened in Iraq. It involved 24/7 news play on all major networks around the world. Networks the general populace have in Iraq. Such as Al-Jazeera. It would be impossible to have missed that particular issue considering it was being hammered by any news network who wanted a ratings boost.

    Secondly, Guantanamo Bay is an international issue which is known around the entire world. The fact that it is on Cuban soil, and the fact that it is where we decided to put all the undesirables we captured in Iraq and Afghanistan made it news again.

    Do you understand the difference between the comment of a single person like Murtha vs. Abu Ghraib & Guantanamo yet? Haditha didn't put people in danger because a U.S. representative most Arabs have never heard of said it was murder. Haditha put people in danger because it involved the death of kids, women and unarmed men.



    Before you try using logic, please use logic?
    Ohhhh, they're three different issues! Two are advantageous to your argument and one isn't. Is that the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #96
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, because we all know that Liberals don't give a **** when one of your own commits a crime.
    Well that's not true. I just found all the hoopla about lying about a blowjob (somehing pretty much most men would do)....nothing more than a partisan political game ploy.

    no....when politicians commit serious crimes they should pay....regardless of the party label.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #97
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Booo hoo hooo..
    Oh, we all know where you're comin' from, sport.

    Now, go to the basement with your suck buddies and start a thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ohhhh, they're three different issues! Two are advantageous to your argument and one isn't. Is that the difference?
    Hahaha. Noooooooooooo. You're just a completely illogical troll!
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #99
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Well that's not true. I just found all the hoopla about lying about a blowjob (somehing pretty much most men would do)....nothing more than a partisan political game ploy.

    no....when politicians commit serious crimes they should pay....regardless of the party label.
    Nevermind the fact that Slick Willy lied, under oath to a grand jury. Is that it?

    Perjury is onloy a cime when it's something that the Libbos give a rat's ass about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #100
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Rep. John Murtha, Iraq war critic, dies at 77 (not a [r.i.p] thread) be warned

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Hahaha. Noooooooooooo. You're just a completely illogical troll!
    Ahh, now I'm a troll. Nice argument you go there.

    Figgered out how to make gumbo yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •