Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: 'Mass casualties' in US explosion

  1. #11
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: 'Mass casualties' in US explosion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Kleen Energy Systems? If this is some sorta treehugger's wet dream of an alternative energy power plant, it's no wonder we haven't heard much about it in the MSM. The last thing the Liberal media wants is to report to the country how one their wonderfully green power plants blew up and killed a ****load of workers. That would be way worse than the windmills that won't work in Winconsin, because it's too cold.
    I considered that but I think it's just a name, not part of any hugging.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #12
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: 'Mass casualties' in US explosion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Kleen Energy Systems? If this is some sorta treehugger's wet dream of an alternative energy power plant, it's no wonder we haven't heard much about it in the MSM. The last thing the Liberal media wants is to report to the country how one their wonderfully green power plants blew up and killed a ****load of workers. That would be way worse than the windmills that won't work in Winconsin, because it's too cold.
    It's a gas power plant who's only "green" effort was a more efficient reactor design that re-used waste heat to run some turbines for a bit of a boost to overall production. Sorta like a turbocharger on a car.

    The name is either a PR trick to convince the locals it's a clean power plant, or maybe the dude's name was Kleen :P

    Edit: But nice jumping on some sort of perceived liberal conspiracy before trying to find any facts.

  3. #13
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: 'Mass casualties' in US explosion

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It's a gas power plant who's only "green" effort was a more efficient reactor design that re-used waste heat to run some turbines for a bit of a boost to overall production. Sorta like a turbocharger on a car.

    The name is either a PR trick to convince the locals it's a clean power plant, or maybe the dude's name was Kleen :P
    Sounds like some treehugger's wet dream to replace petro-energy and it backfired and killed a buncha people.

    That's gonna make it damn hard for PBO to sell his green jobs agenda.

    I can just hear it now,

    "Ok, let me be clear. If I'm to sell my green jobs agenda, we're going to have to have fewer casualties at the green energy plants. If we can't accomplish that, we'll have to do a better job of keeping it quiet."
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #14
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: 'Mass casualties' in US explosion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Sounds like some treehugger's wet dream to replace petro-energy and it backfired and killed a buncha people.

    That's gonna make it damn hard for PBO to sell his green jobs agenda.

    I can just hear it now,

    "Ok, let me be clear. If I'm to sell my green jobs agenda, we're going to have to have fewer casualties at the green energy plants. If we can't accomplish that, we'll have to do a better job of keeping it quiet."
    What? It's a gas power plant. It's not a green energy plant. Can't you read? Wind power plants and solar power plants can't explode.

    Edit: No seriously. What the hell is wrong with you? Forgot your meds? You're wearing a tinfoil hat aren't you?
    Last edited by Deuce; 02-08-10 at 05:40 PM.

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Mass casualties' in US explosion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Sounds like some treehugger's wet dream to replace petro-energy and it backfired and killed a buncha people.

    That's gonna make it damn hard for PBO to sell his green jobs agenda.

    I can just hear it now,

    "Ok, let me be clear. If I'm to sell my green jobs agenda, we're going to have to have fewer casualties at the green energy plants. If we can't accomplish that, we'll have to do a better job of keeping it quiet."
    This is classic. The company has a name that sounds like the word "clean", so it must be a liberal thing, and so it's all their fault. That is just brilliant. Even when it has nothing to do with anything partisan, it's still all the liberals fault. I am going to go use the bathroom now, I am sure that is the fault of my liberal diet.

    Thank you sir for the good laughs you provide.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #16
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: 'Mass casualties' in US explosion

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Accurate reporting seems non existent so far but one of the many I have seen say it was most likely a gas leak that caused the disaster.

    That being the case it is negligence that could be the result of poor workmanship or a design flaw or a combination of the two.

    What ever the real reason it points to need for competence in the oversight of construction. Something that is often left to people who get their positions from cronyism or political connections rather than proven competence.

    It is my experience that workers tend to do a good job when it comes to putting their lives on the line, but if they are given poor leadership and guidance and lack the proper oversight they are at the mercy of those on charge.

    This is a sad situation no doubt about it, what ever the cause.
    Those of us who actually live here in Connecticut are stable enough to wait for the facts to emerge before making premature accusations.

    They were testing the gas flow and some flame or spark must have set the gas off.

    We do not know who or what caused the FUBAR !!!!

    Five were killed !!
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  7. #17
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: 'Mass casualties' in US explosion

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is classic. The company has a name that sounds like the word "clean", so it must be a liberal thing, and so it's all their fault. That is just brilliant. Even when it has nothing to do with anything partisan, it's still all the liberals fault. I am going to go use the bathroom now, I am sure that is the fault of my liberal diet.

    Thank you sir for the good laughs you provide.
    Yes, it was a Liberal application of gas flowing freely and progessively through open and transparent pipes that was in turn ignited by the spark from the mind of free thinkers. You just cannot trust those Liberals !!
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  8. #18
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: 'Mass casualties' in US explosion

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It's a gas power plant who's only "green" effort was a more efficient reactor design that re-used waste heat to run some turbines for a bit of a boost to overall production. Sorta like a turbocharger on a car.

    The name is either a PR trick to convince the locals it's a clean power plant, or maybe the dude's name was Kleen :P

    Edit: But nice jumping on some sort of perceived liberal conspiracy before trying to find any facts.
    Yes the plant was owned by Mr. Kleen who made his money selling soap, real clean soap in bottles. At least that is what was wriiten in my palm so I read it.
    Last edited by F107HyperSabr; 02-08-10 at 11:05 PM.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  9. #19
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,022

    Re: 'Mass casualties' in US explosion

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Accurate reporting seems non existent.....
    In general or for this one issue?

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •