Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 173

Thread: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

  1. #81
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So now, when proven wrong, you retreat back to your usual generic whine about the president.
    You proved something? Where? All I see is you shooting off your mouth, again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you are saying that Bush's economic policy did not fail?
    Was it just Bush or also congress and laws passed under Clinton and Carter ETC

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Hey you said:
    You only had to go back almost 30 years.

  4. #84
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Was it just Bush or also congress and laws passed under Clinton and Carter ETC
    How many times do I have to repeat every president and Congress since Reagan?

    Another look at how bad Bush economic policy was: One method used to get out of a recession is to spend. If Bush had not squandered the balanced budget he was handled, the spending would not have been a big deal. Since he and congress did, the spending is a big deal.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #85
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    How many times do I have to repeat every president and Congress since Reagan?

    Another look at how bad Bush economic policy was: One method used to get out of a recession is to spend. If Bush had not squandered the balanced budget he was handled, the spending would not have been a big deal. Since he and congress did, the spending is a big deal.
    What's that called? Shotgun debating? Blame everybody and you can't go wrong, eh?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #86
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What's that called? Shotgun debating? Blame everybody and you can't go wrong, eh?...
    I prefer to think of it as reality. Our government has failed us on the budget, and on deregulation(and other things). I suppose I could go back and list the names of every one who voted for any of the budgets, and list them, but space and time prevents.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #87
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I prefer to think of it as reality. Our government has failed us on the budget, and on deregulation(and other things). I suppose I could go back and list the names of every one who voted for any of the budgets, and list them, but space and time prevents.
    I would prefer to see something supporting your point of view, but I doubt that'll happen.

    'Specially the part about spending your way out of a recession. That doesn't seem to be having the desired effect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    How many times do I have to repeat every president and Congress since Reagan?

    Another look at how bad Bush economic policy was: One method used to get out of a recession is to spend. If Bush had not squandered the balanced budget he was handled, the spending would not have been a big deal. Since he and congress did, the spending is a big deal.

    You said this. So you are saying that Bush's economic policy did not fail?
    If 911 hadn't happened if the democrats had made the tax cuts permanent.

    You want to blame Bush yet make it look like you are not. Remember the recession started after the democrats took back the majority in congress. maybe that is the reason it happened.
    Last edited by ptif219; 02-08-10 at 07:56 PM.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yeah, the recession that was started before he took office is his fault. Keep up the quality posting, I have not laughed like this in awhile.
    Hell the recession started before bush took office was blamed on him!! I have never seen so much liberal hypocricy as I have on the forum.

  10. #90
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I would prefer to see something supporting your point of view, but I doubt that'll happen.

    'Specially the part about spending your way out of a recession. That doesn't seem to be having the desired effect...
    You should know better than challenge me on supplying sources. I am always happy to back any claim I make that is not simply my opinion.

    Let's start with this: Paul Krugman: This recession is Reagan’s legacy

    The increase in public debt was, however, dwarfed by the rise in private debt, made possible by financial deregulation. The change in Americaís financial rules was Reaganís biggest legacy. And itís the gift that keeps on taking.
    As far as spending as to whether spending is a solution to getting out of a recession, experts are divided, which is why I referred to it as "one method". Does government spending help mitigate a recession?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •