Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 173

Thread: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

  1. #121
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Too late, you just did. I'm sure it comes as no surpris to most here. You fooled quit a few people for along time on this forum. But, the cat's out of the bag, now, so it's all good.

    Paul Krugman!... That's brilliant!
    The difference between Krugman, Rush, Bill, and Sean is quite apparent. One is of the most renowned economists on this planet, and the other three are media personalities. One is a tenured economics professor at one of the most prestigious universities on the planet, the other three.... Well you get the idea.

    What you have to do is find a right of center economist with the credentials equal to Krugman to offer a quality counter point. This can be done rather easily, but do not expect me to do your research for you. Besides, you really do not want to know what a right of center economist would say.
    Last edited by Kushinator; 02-09-10 at 11:12 AM.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #122
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Too late, you just did. I'm sure it comes as no surpris to most here. You fooled quit a few people for along time on this forum. But, the cat's out of the bag, now, so it's all good.

    Paul Krugman!... That's brilliant!
    Actually Krugman, if you've ever taken the time to read some of his articles, isn't always left or right. He has on many occasions infuriated quite a few liberals with his opinions. They used to carry his editorial pieces in our local paper but they dropped him about a year ago. So I haven't kept up with him since.

    Now if all you ever do is listen to the right wing pundits then your opinion of Krugman will be based solely on that. And as usual there are two sides to every issue.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  3. #123
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Too late, you just did. I'm sure it comes as no surpris to most here. You fooled quit a few people for along time on this forum. But, the cat's out of the bag, now, so it's all good.

    Paul Krugman!... That's brilliant!
    I know this is complicated, but I will give it a shot any way. Maybe you can manage to comprehend. I backed up my claim with sources. You, instead of taking the time to counter anything, just stuck your fingers in your ear and went "NAH NAH NAH NAH", and then bitched about one of the sources, ignoring the one that you primarily asked for. Why? Because you have nothing, nothing at all. Ad hominem is not an argument, it's avoiding arguing your point.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #124
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    The difference between Krugman, Rush, Bill, and Sean is quite apparent. One is of the most renowned economists on this planet, and the other three are media personalities. One is a tenured economics professor at one of the most prestigious universities on the planet, the other three.... Well you get the idea.

    What you have to do is find a right of center economist with the credentials equal to Krugman to offer a quality counter point. This can be done rather easily, but do not expect me to do your research for you. Besides, you really do not want to know what a right of center economist would say.
    Krugman is no more credible than Beck, or Rush.

    You don't prove a point by posting an opinion piece written by a partisan hack.

    You're only bragging about Krugman, because he's a Liberal and says what you want to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #125
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Krugman is no more credible than Beck, or Rush.

    You don't prove a point by posting an opinion piece written by a partisan hack.

    You're only bragging about Krugman, because he's a Liberal and says what you want to hear.
    Prove he is not credible.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #126
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Prove he is not credible.
    Wow, now it's my job to prove a negative? You're a hoot!

    I got a better idea: you prove that he is.

    And, winning the Nobel prize isn't proof. Hell, PBO and Al Gore won that and we all know how credible they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #127
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #128
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Wow, now it's my job to prove a negative? You're a hoot!

    I got a better idea: you prove that he is.

    And, winning the Nobel prize isn't proof. Hell, PBO and Al Gore won that and we all know how credible they are.
    Yup, perfectly predictable. Some one who is the first to say "prove it" is the first to run and hide when asked to prove it, claiming he cannot.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #129
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yup, perfectly predictable. Some one who is the first to say "prove it" is the first to run and hide when asked to prove it, claiming he cannot.
    I can't prove a negative. You should be smart enough to know that. Should be...anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #130
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Here's Krugman on Democracy Now. And you wanna call him credible?

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy5-OzyfyvA"]YouTube- Paul Krugman: Public Plan Will Kill Private Insurance Plans[/ame]
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •