Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 173

Thread: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

  1. #101
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How do you expect to be taken seriously when you post info from a well known Liberal economist who writes opeds for the NYT, bashing Bush all the way? That would be the same as using Rush, or Beck as primary source material...

    Git real, girl!
    So you got nothing to actually argue against him except you don't like him. Not surprising at all. You also where more interested in my comments about spending out ofa recession, but of course you ignored that unhandy link.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #102
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I figgered you would post something credible. Looks like I way overestimated you.
    The day..... The ****ing day you come up with a more "credible" source will be one of celebration.

    BTW, Krugman is quality all the way. Whether he is a democrat or republican does not play into his quantitative analysis. So......
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #103
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Oh, gee! Damn, let me start using Rush and Glenn Beck as primary source material. That seems to be the new Liberal standard on the forum, now.


    Why is Krugman credible? Because he says what you want to hear. That's why.

    Now, Goldboy has shown that he's nothing more than a Libbo hack, too. Great jobs, kids!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #104
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by pugetsoundwa View Post
    The recession started under Clinton? Repub crowed that Bush ended the recession and that the economy was strong and vibrant........But erase 8 yrs of history if you want. Bush still gets a free pass from Repubs...amazing.
    So, what exactly did Bush do to **** up the economy? Please, use something more than an oped for your supporting material. Thaaaaanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #105
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    The day..... The ****ing day you come up with a more "credible" source will be one of celebration.

    BTW, Krugman is quality all the way. Whether he is a democrat or republican does not play into his quantitative analysis. So......
    Krugman is nothing more than a partisan hack.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by pugetsoundwa View Post
    The recession started under Clinton? Repub crowed that Bush ended the recession and that the economy was strong and vibrant........But erase 8 yrs of history if you want. Bush still gets a free pass from Repubs...amazing.
    It started after democrats got the majority back in 2007.

  7. #107
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh, gee! Damn, let me start using Rush and Glenn Beck as primary source material. That seems to be the new Liberal standard on the forum, now.


    Why is Krugman credible? Because he says what you want to hear. That's why.

    Now, Goldboy has shown that he's nothing more than a Libbo hack, too. Great jobs, kids!
    So you still got nothing to actually support your point of view, but you can't find any actual objection to the linked source material. Way to go there apdst.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #108
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    If you don't like krugman you can look here:

    Calculated Risk: Jobs and the Unemployment Rate

    "The establishment survey showed a loss of 20,000 payroll jobs in January, but the household survey showed an increase in the employment level of 541,000."

    or here:

    Calculated Risk: Employment-Population Ratio, Part Time Workers, Temporary Workers

    "A common question is: how could there be fewer payroll jobs, but the unemployment rate declined? This is because the data comes from two separate surveys. The unemployment Rate comes from the Current Population Survey (CPS: commonly called the household survey), a monthly survey of about 60,000 households.

    The jobs number comes from Current Employment Statistics (CES: payroll survey), a sample of approximately 400,000 business establishments nationwide."
    ...
    "The Employment-Population ratio ticked up slightly to 58.4% in January, after plunging since the start of the recession. This is about the same level as in 1983."
    ...
    "The number of persons who worked part time for economic reasons (sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) fell from 9.2 to 8.3 million in January. These individuals were working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job."

    or here:

    Calculated Risk: Employment Report: 20K Jobs Lost, 9.7% Unemployment Rate

    "The unemployment rate fell from 10.0 to 9.7 percent in January, and nonfarm payroll employment was essentially unchanged (-20,000), the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment fell in construction and in transportation and warehousing, while temporary help services and retail trade added jobs."

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Yet I posted this post # 25 this tread


    Yet yesterday we had this.

    Jobless claims rise to 480,000 in latest week - Feb. 4, 2010


    The number of Americans filing for initial unemployment insurance rose last week, the government said Thursday.

    There were 480,000 initial jobless claims filed in the week ended Jan. 30, the Labor Department said in a weekly report. This is the highest level since Dec. 12 and up 8,000 from an upwardly revised 472,000 the previous week.


    Economists were expecting claims to drop to 455,000, according to a consensus estimate from Briefing.com.

    The 4-week moving average of initial claims was 468,750, up 11,750 from the previous week's revised average of 457,000.



    The drop in percent unemployed is due to those who have given up looking for a Job.

  10. #110
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Economy Sheds 20,000 Jobs But Rate Drops to 9.7 Percent

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you still got nothing to actually support your point of view, but you can't find any actual objection to the linked source material. Way to go there apdst.
    You bet, sis! It's all good. You hid it for a long time, but we all see where you're coming from, now.

    I'm sure you won't mind when I use Bill O'Reilly as primary source documentation in the future...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •