Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 102

Thread: Many children taken by Americans not orphans

  1. #1
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Many children taken by Americans not orphans

    Many children in Haiti case are not orphans - Haiti earthquake- msnbc.com

    update: what do you think of this? i think these missionaries have gone too far.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #2
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Many children taken by Americans not orphans

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    Many children in Haiti case are not orphans - Haiti earthquake- msnbc.com

    update: what do you think of this? i think these missionaries have gone too far.
    Sounding shadier as the days go by.

    My gut feeling is that these so-called Christians intended to place these kids into the homes of "good Christian" families so they could raise these kids as "proper Christians".

    It's time for Congress to launch an investigation into the practices of international adoption by US citizens and US agencies connected with it.

  3. #3
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Many children taken by Americans not orphans

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    Many children in Haiti case are not orphans - Haiti earthquake- msnbc.com

    update: what do you think of this? i think these missionaries have gone too far.
    So this all caused by missionaries? Maybe they are going to far in helping the Haitian people all these years as well.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #4
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Many children taken by Americans not orphans

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Sounding shadier as the days go by.

    My gut feeling is that these so-called Christians intended to place these kids into the homes of "good Christian" families so they could raise these kids as "proper Christians".

    It's time for Congress to launch an investigation into the practices of international adoption by US citizens and US agencies connected with it.
    or, we could just let the missionaries rot in haiti.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #5
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Many children taken by Americans not orphans

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    So this all caused by missionaries? Maybe they are going to far in helping the Haitian people all these years as well.
    if that's all they were about, why lie? to the "orphans" parents and to the police?

    did you read the link?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #6
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Many children taken by Americans not orphans

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    So this all caused by missionaries? Maybe they are going to far in helping the Haitian people all these years as well.
    It sounds like these missionaries had ulterior motives.

  7. #7
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Many children taken by Americans not orphans

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    or, we could just let the missionaries rot in haiti.
    Who is 'we'? 'We' couldn't do anything to the missionairies in Haiti since they are there on their own dime. Nevertheless, these people are American taxpaying citizens, and therefore have all the rights protected by the Constitution. So legally you have nothing to support your threat.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Many children taken by Americans not orphans

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Who is 'we'? 'We' couldn't do anything to the missionairies in Haiti since they are there on their own dime. Nevertheless, these people are American taxpaying citizens, and therefore have all the rights protected by the Constitution. So legally you have nothing to support your threat.
    They committed their crime in Haiti, and thus are subject to the Haitian system of justice. I believe they should be charged with kidnapping. And, if they did the time, whatever their motives, I believe they should do the crime.

    I guess I'm kind of a law & order girl. But then, as a conservative, I'd expect American to be, as well.

  9. #9
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Many children taken by Americans not orphans

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Who is 'we'? 'We' couldn't do anything to the missionairies in Haiti since they are there on their own dime. Nevertheless, these people are American taxpaying citizens, and therefore have all the rights protected by the Constitution. So legally you have nothing to support your threat.
    The US Constitution does not extend to Haiti. These Americans are at the mercy of the Haitian authorities.

    I'd hate to be in their shoes.

  10. #10
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Many children taken by Americans not orphans

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    It sounds like these missionaries had ulterior motives.
    Given the fact that "missionairies" have been providing all the help for all these years, doesn't give you the right to denegrate them because suddenly a new crisis there popped up on the MSM radar. If these were Obamanites I'm sure liblady would be promoting all kinds of excuses for them.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •