Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 309

Thread: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Moron? Is that what you have to revert to when your argument is shown to be lacking?



    Who said they were?
    It's obvious that your understanding of the military comes from Hollywood movies, because nothing you have said so far would indicate that you have any idea what you're talking about. Your utter inability to answer any of my questions should be proof of that.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-05-10 at 11:08 PM.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    And when it happens, you round up the trouble makers (ie; those anti-gay bigots), give 'em all DD's and kick their sorry asses out of the service. Problem solved.
    More ill-conceived sound bites, and still no critical thinking.

    I've already explained several times why this wouldn't be feasible. I'm not going to repeat myself just because reality doesn't conform to your ideals.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Hey moron, I was in the military - were you?

    Fact is, not every General was once an enlisted. A lot of them graduate from college and go straight to Officer Candidate School, so when they come to the military they have no experience as an enlisted. The gulf between officers and enlisted is pretty wide in the military.

    Admiral Mullen has never served as an enlisted in a Marine infantry unit or an Army infantry unit or a SF unit, so how would he know the feelings of those units in regards to this potential policy change?

    I'm not sure why I keep asking you these questions, since you'll just ignore them anyway and keep spouting nonsense, but I just want to give you a chance to admit the obvious, that is, you have no clue how the military actually works.
    Thank you.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #274
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    More ill-conceived sound bites, and still no critical thinking.

    I've already explained several times why this wouldn't be feasible. I'm not going to repeat myself just because reality doesn't conform to your ideals.
    Of course it's feasible. One day DADT is in effect, the next day gays are allowed to serve openly. Those who have a problem with it can either obey the regs or leave. The choice is theirs.

  5. #275
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Of course it's feasible. One day DADT is in effect, the next day gays are allowed to serve openly. Those who have a problem with it can either obey the regs or leave. The choice is theirs.
    Thank God its a long time before we make that decision..Maybe we will have another president who realizes what a stupid idea that is..........One thing for sure your a long way from having the 60 votes needed in the senate to change the law............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #276
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    And when it happens, you round up the trouble makers (ie; those anti-gay bigots), give 'em all DD's and kick their sorry asses out of the service. Problem solved.
    While I don't think this would happen but what if a large percent of our combat arms troops become trouble makers. Should we just kick them out at the cost of making those units nondeployable. Look I am all for getting rid of DADT just not while we have two rather man power intensive wars going on. Now if they want to do it the day after we sart making major draw downs from both theaters than fine. But all that still has nothing ti do with the fact that generals have very little ideas about what your average infantry squad member is thinking. That is just the way it is. To pretend otherwise shows you have absolutly no idea how the military works.
    President Franklin Roosevelt eulogized a fallen American Soldier by saying, “He stands in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die [that] freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it he lives--in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

  7. #277
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Thank God its a long time before we make that decision..Maybe we will have another president who realizes what a stupid idea that is..........One thing for sure your a long way from having the 60 votes needed in the senate to change the law............
    It's a shame we didn't have one of those presidents in office at the time blacks were integrated into white units.

    Whatever happened to the good old days when blacks, women, and gays weren't allowed into god fearing proper military units?

    First it was uppity blacks who wanted in, then uppity women. Now it's uppity gays wanting in.

    Why don't these people stick to their own kind. This world is going to hell in a hand basket

  8. #278
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    It's obvious that your understanding of the military comes from Hollywood movies, because nothing you have said so far would indicate that you have any idea what you're talking about. Your utter inability to answer any of my questions should be proof of that.
    If you would open your eyes and use your brain you would see I have some understanding of the military.

    I would put forth that it is YOU who doesn't know anything about the military. You are the one putting movie stereotypes to play here. You want people to believe that a General sits behind a desk all day, so he doesn't "know the troops". You act as if said General was never any other rank with any other duties, duties that just might cause him to be among the troops.

    I answered your question. It was my mistake to assume you could interpret it. If you have to be spoon fed you should warn us of that before we engage you.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  9. #279
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    While I don't think this would happen but what if a large percent of our combat arms troops become trouble makers. Should we just kick them out at the cost of making those units nondeployable. Look I am all for getting rid of DADT just not while we have two rather man power intensive wars going on. Now if they want to do it the day after we sart making major draw downs from both theaters than fine. But all that still has nothing ti do with the fact that generals have very little ideas about what your average infantry squad member is thinking. That is just the way it is. To pretend otherwise shows you have absolutly no idea how the military works.
    Good, it'll give us an excuse to get out of these two idiotic wars we're in

  10. #280
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    While I don't think this would happen but what if a large percent of our combat arms troops become trouble makers. Should we just kick them out at the cost of making those units nondeployable. Look I am all for getting rid of DADT just not while we have two rather man power intensive wars going on. Now if they want to do it the day after we sart making major draw downs from both theaters than fine. But all that still has nothing ti do with the fact that generals have very little ideas about what your average infantry squad member is thinking. That is just the way it is. To pretend otherwise shows you have absolutly no idea how the military works.
    It is simply astounding how many here proclaim themselves "military experts". Yet, none of them think that our military, that they know so well, can handle working and living with gays and lesbians, AS IF they haven't already been doing just that! None of these so-called "military experts" think America's best can handle an itty bitty change in their lives, that they can't follow orders.

    And the best of all this is they want to wait for world peace to descend on us BEFORE this crushing weight of accepting gays is laid on their shoulders. As if DADT isn't already tearing trained, experienced and mission critical folks from their units. AND those soldiers are torn away without being replaced!

    So, Mr. Military Expert # 99, how is it that you don't think that DADT isn't ALREADY hurting our military?
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •