Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 309

Thread: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

  1. #261
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    How would you know?
    You think he was BORN a General?
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  2. #262
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    Maybe because I am in the Army and know how things in the Army work. I know the kind of bs we have to put up with when even a 1 star comes around.
    I was in language school when the SOCOM commander came to visit. They wouldn't let any of us out of the our classrooms for any reason and they had Majors standing at all the entrances to make sure noone came in. Now keep in mind we were all NCOs and Captins about to graduate the Q course. And they did all this to make sure none of us would say something that they didn't want the Admiral to hear. So you tell me how much interaction a general has with the average private or Sgt. If you don't interact with the troops than how do you know what they think.
    Anyone who has ever been in the military knows this is what goes on. They don't refer to it as being "in" and "out" for no reason. These guys are leaders. Leaders in the real sense of the word. They obviously observed enough and decided it's time to bring this aspect of the military in line with civilian life. I give them huge credit for taking this step. This is what a true leader does.

    The military will deal with it and move on. Some of you act like they're all a bunch of pansies who can't handle some upheaval in their lives. These Generals and Admirals obviously think our service men and women can handle the change. And so do I.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    You think he was BORN a General?
    You didn't answer my question, which is a pretty good indication that you have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe if I ask you again...

    How do you know the Generals have been "down there with the troops"? Do you think all Generals start out as privates or something? How does Admiral Mullen (a Navy officer) know how enlisted infantry Marines will react to this policy change?

    If you want to save us both some time you can just admit already that you have no idea how the military actually works and that you were just talking out of your bum earlier...

  4. #264
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    You didn't answer my question, which is a pretty good indication that you have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe if I ask you again...

    How do you know the Generals have been "down there with the troops"? Do you think all Generals start out as privates or something? How does Admiral Mullen (a Navy officer) know how enlisted infantry Marines will react to this policy change?

    If you want to save us both some time you can just admit already that you have no idea how the military actually works and that you were just talking out of your bum earlier...
    What, you can't think by yourself? You can't read between the lines? Maybe that's how limited you think our military personnel are.

    I'll modify my answer for you.

    You think he began his military career as a General or Admiral?
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Anyone who has ever been in the military knows this is what goes on. They don't refer to it as being "in" and "out" for no reason. These guys are leaders. Leaders in the real sense of the word. They obviously observed enough and decided it's time to bring this aspect of the military in line with civilian life. I give them huge credit for taking this step. This is what a true leader does.

    The military will deal with it and move on. Some of you act like they're all a bunch of pansies who can't handle some upheaval in their lives. These Generals and Admirals obviously think our service men and women can handle the change. And so do I.
    We know they can handle it and no one has claimed otherwise. We're just saying the policy change has the very real potential to increase friction and volatility in certain units, which could conceivably detract from their operational efficiency. We want to err on the side of caution, or at least take a long hard look at the policy before we decide to change it. You're so damn obsessed with just ramming this through that you haven't even thought about the consequences.

    Obama will not be reelected come 2012. He's allowed the far-left loons to dictate his policy decisions and rhetoric on too many key issues (DADT, KSM-trial, Israel & Iran, health care) and now he's going to pay for it. I just hope we can limit the damage he does before he gets booted out of the White House...

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    What, you can't think by yourself? You can't read between the lines? Maybe that's how limited you think our military personnel are.

    I'll modify my answer for you.

    You think he began his military career as a General or Admiral?
    Hey moron, I was in the military - were you?

    Fact is, not every General was once an enlisted. A lot of them graduate from college and go straight to Officer Candidate School, so when they come to the military they have no experience as an enlisted. The gulf between officers and enlisted is pretty wide in the military.

    Admiral Mullen has never served as an enlisted in a Marine infantry unit or an Army infantry unit or a SF unit, so how would he know the feelings of those units in regards to this potential policy change?

    I'm not sure why I keep asking you these questions, since you'll just ignore them anyway and keep spouting nonsense, but I just want to give you a chance to admit the obvious, that is, you have no clue how the military actually works.

  7. #267
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    We want to err on the side of caution, or at least take a long hard look at the policy before we decide to change it.
    No. You don't want it changed. Period. They've been observing this for 17 years. You want to delay it long enough till you think you'll have votes to block it. Obama should push this thru now (as well as his other agendas!) while they can.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  8. #268
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Hey moron, I was in the military - were you?
    Moron? Is that what you have to revert to when your argument is shown to be lacking?

    Fact is, not every General was once an enlisted.
    Who said they were?
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  9. #269
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Will they have separate quarters for gay soldiers?
    Works for me. We'll just raise your taxes and build more barracks and bathrooms

  10. #270
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    We're just saying the policy change has the very real potential to increase friction and volatility in certain units, which could conceivably detract from their operational efficiency.
    And when it happens, you round up the trouble makers (ie; those anti-gay bigots), give 'em all DD's and kick their sorry asses out of the service. Problem solved.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •