Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 309

Thread: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

  1. #101
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Yes, because being gay means you are some sort of subhuman animal who cannot control their sex drive
    Well...according to Navy Pride....all men are subhuman animals that when placed in a situation in which they are around people that they are attracted to, immediately revert to their animalistic desires and could not possibly help but to engage in sexual assault.

    (I don't buy it for a second....but there are some people who may actually believe that)...
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #102
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,874
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Well...according to Navy Pride....all men are subhuman animals that when placed in a situation in which they are around people that they are attracted to, immediately revert to their animalistic desires and could not possibly help but to engage in sexual assault.

    (I don't buy it for a second....but there are some people who may actually believe that)...
    oh, of course, that's why i tried to sexually assualt all the women in mini skirts and tight jeans on the train yesterday
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  3. #103
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    oh, of course, that's why i tried to sexually assualt all the women in mini skirts and tight jeans on the train yesterday
    I had the same reaction...but he honestly seems to believe it. Not sure if there are others out there that believe that kind of stuff....
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #104
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,874
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I had the same reaction...but he honestly seems to believe it. Not sure if there are others out there that believe that kind of stuff....
    i hope not, maybe it's just navy pride has poor self control
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    We are in the midst of two wars right now. Our combat units are the best in the world. Why do we need to rock the boat RIGHT NOW? Can't we wait until peace time?

    Oh wait...I must be saying this because I'm a homophobic right-winger!!! ZOMG!!!


  6. #106
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    We are in the midst of two wars right now. Our combat units are the best in the world. Why do we need to rock the boat RIGHT NOW? Can't we wait until peace time?

    Oh wait...I must be saying this because I'm a homophobic right-winger!!! ZOMG!!!

    The military needs all the good soldiers that it can get right now. Your argument supports the exact reason why we shouldn't be waiting.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #107
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    We are in the midst of two wars right now. Our combat units are the best in the world. Why do we need to rock the boat RIGHT NOW? Can't we wait until peace time?
    I am someone who thinks gay people should serve openly in the military and I agree with this statement. It would probably be better to wait until our modern vietnams are over with.

  8. #108
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    We are in the midst of two wars right now. Our combat units are the best in the world. Why do we need to rock the boat RIGHT NOW? Can't we wait until peace time?

    Oh wait...I must be saying this because I'm a homophobic right-winger!!! ZOMG!!!

    Yea right now would probably not be the best idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #109
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    It is a valid health concern.....expecially since male gay men absolutely dominate that concern in this country.
    I'll repeat this one more time...it doesn't matter that gays have a disproportionate number of HIV stats because gays are already in the military. So you can continually repeat the same thing over and over again, but that isn't the issue. The issue is how allowing gays to openly serve would be different than allowing them to secretly serve. The only answer you provided for that was "condoning sodomy" and "it is against the Uniform Code of Conduct". The former was addressed in Lawrence v. Texas, in which it was stated that the government has no business in what consenting adults do behind the closed door of their own bedrooms, and the latter is the issue we are discussing. In fact the latter is laughable since you are more or less saying, "The justification for this law is this law." So we repeal that section of the Code, and I guess that solves the problem of the latter.

  10. #110
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    Grow up, please.
    I think it's against the rules to tell someone to grow up, isn't it?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •