Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 829

Thread: Palin Blasts Emanuel for Calling Dem Idea 'Retarded'

  1. #551
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,155

    Re: Palin Blasts Emanuel for Calling Dem Idea 'Retarded'

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Can't really fault her. People with special needs children tend to be sensitive about these things. No biggie.
    she seems to be rather selective in her sensitivity:

    Confronted with the fact that Palin's fellow media star Rush Limbaugh has repeated used the word "retarded" to describe those he disagrees with, Palin's spokeswoman Meghan Stapleton emailed a response to The Plum Line's Greg Sargent.

    "Governor Palin believes crude and demeaning name calling at the expense of others is disrespectful," she wrote.

    While some took this to mean she was criticizing Limbaugh, Palin later clarified that she was not, and explicitly defended Limbaugh's use of the word "retarded" in a similarly crude context, while appearing on Fox News Sunday. The Huffington Post reports:
    But the former governor went to great and sometimes awkward lengths to insist that when conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh used the same exact term to describe the same exact group, it was simply in the role of political humorist.

    "They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh," she said, when read a quote of Limbaugh calling liberal groups "retards." "Rush Limbaugh was using satire ... I didn't hear Rush Limbaugh calling a group of people whom he did not agree with 'f-ing retards,' and we did know that Rahm Emanuel, as has been reported, did say that. There is a big difference there."
    Palin: When Limbaugh says ‘retarded’ it’s fine | Raw Story


    somebody, please point out the big difference there
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #552
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Palin Blasts Emanuel for Calling Dem Idea 'Retarded'

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    she seems to be rather selective in her sensitivity:

    Palin: When Limbaugh says ‘retarded’ it’s fine | Raw Story


    somebody, please point out the big difference there
    It's funny when Rush says "retarded" to insult people. Besides, he was calling liberals "retarded". So it's okay.

    I'm so sick of her constantly playing the victim.

    She can't even figure out when to be a victim and not.

  3. #553
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Palin Blasts Emanuel for Calling Dem Idea 'Retarded'

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    It's funny when Rush says "retarded" to insult people. Besides, he was calling liberals "retarded". So it's okay.

    I'm so sick of her constantly playing the victim.

    She can't even figure out when to be a victim and not.

    Tiki Bar! Woot!
    Drinks are plenty, music is fine, and the company is first-rate

  4. #554
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Palin Blasts Emanuel for Calling Dem Idea 'Retarded'

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    It's funny when Rush says "retarded" to insult people. Besides, he was calling liberals "retarded". So it's okay.

    I'm so sick of her constantly playing the victim.

    She can't even figure out when to be a victim and not.
    Well now that Rahm is having some disabled people over to the whitehouse Rush took it a step further saying that it was a retard summit like when Obama had his beer summit.

    Rush has a history of making fun of disabled people just look how he mocked Michael J Fox.

  5. #555
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Palin Blasts Emanuel for Calling Dem Idea 'Retarded'

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    she seems to be rather selective in her sensitivity:

    Palin: When Limbaugh says ‘retarded’ it’s fine | Raw Story


    somebody, please point out the big difference there
    I can't stand hypocrisy

  6. #556
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,480

    Re: Palin Blasts Emanuel for Calling Dem Idea 'Retarded'

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    she seems to be rather selective in her sensitivity:

    Palin: When Limbaugh says ‘retarded’ it’s fine | Raw Story


    somebody, please point out the big difference there
    This is not about the kids, this is all for political mainstaging.

    That is what I was trying to say before but others here tried to turn it into saying I was for aborting kids. Which makes them complete liars.

    I have a cousin who has DS and he is loved by everyone. Lives on a small farm with uncle and aunt. Hard working and always with a smile for you. But if I had the power, Damn straight I wished he had the same opportunities as everybody else. If possible yes, wished he didn't have the chomosomal defect so that he could someday marry and have his own children.
    You wish every baby is healthy. If not then you give them the best life possible.


    There is a very real risk of older women having children of producing one with DS. You can't just pick an age and say nobody pass this age but as one enters late 30's the risk increases every year. I don't know why that is such a hard concept for some to grasp. Our own state senator had a child at age 39 and had DS.

    It is called eduction and one has to make that decision themself. Never did I say abortion and the person who claimed that is a total liar. Period.

  7. #557
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Palin Blasts Emanuel for Calling Dem Idea 'Retarded'

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    There is a very real risk of older women having children of producing one with DS. You can't just pick an age and say nobody pass this age but as one enters late 30's the risk increases every year. I don't know why that is such a hard concept for some to grasp. Our own state senator had a child at age 39 and had DS.
    Sure, but you're assuming that she didn't know, and that she thought it mattered. Some people are happy to have a child regardless.

    Like you said, you can't just pick an age, can you? So what are you supposed to do? All you can do is know the risks, and either get pregnant or not.

    And you sure picked a dick way to express yourself earlier, no wonder you got no respect.

  8. #558
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Palin Blasts Emanuel for Calling Dem Idea 'Retarded'

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    she seems to be rather selective in her sensitivity:

    Palin: When Limbaugh says ‘retarded’ it’s fine | Raw Story


    somebody, please point out the big difference there
    Sure, no problem.

    Rush Limbaugh is a private broadcaster and does not work for the government or the American people. He is a private citizen.

    Rahm Emanuel was appointed to his position by the President ot the United States, works for and is paid by the American taxpayer.


    This behooves him to treat the American people, the electorate , the taxpayers and their families, with some respect. If he doesn't know that "retards" is a pejorative for thousands of American people then he doesn't deserve his position.

    You can decide to not liisten to Limbaugh but you'll be paying for Rahm no matter what this Chicago gangster says.

  9. #559
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Palin Blasts Emanuel for Calling Dem Idea 'Retarded'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Sure, no problem.

    Rush Limbaugh is a private broadcaster and does not work for the government or the American people. He is a private citizen.

    Rahm Emanuel was appointed to his position by the President ot the United States, works for and is paid by the American taxpayer.


    This behooves him to treat the American people, the electorate , the taxpayers and their families, with some respect. If he doesn't know that "retards" is a pejorative for thousands of American people then he doesn't deserve his position.

    You can decide to not liisten to Limbaugh but you'll be paying for Rahm no matter what this Chicago gangster says.
    No, that's not the difference.

    The difference is that Limbaugh is a Right Winger who has a lot of clout within the political movement that Palin also belongs to. Emanual, on the other hand, is in the enemy camp. Therefore, Limbaugh gets a pass for his very public usage of the word, and Emanual should get fired for using it in a more private setting.

  10. #560
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    Re: Palin Blasts Emanuel for Calling Dem Idea 'Retarded'

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    No, that's not the difference.

    The difference is that Limbaugh is a Right Winger who has a lot of clout within the political movement that Palin also belongs to. Emanual, on the other hand, is in the enemy camp. Therefore, Limbaugh gets a pass for his very public usage of the word, and Emanual should get fired for using it in a more private setting.
    No, the difference, is that Rush only repeated what Rahm-beaux said. Rush wasn't calling anyone retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •