Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Barack Obama’s former mentor criticises ‘complacent Administration’

  1. #1
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,450
    Blog Entries
    15

    Barack Obama’s former mentor criticises ‘complacent Administration’

    Barack Obama’s former mentor criticises ‘complacent Administration’ - Times Online
    US & Americas News
    From The Times
    February 1, 2010

    Barack Obama’s former mentor criticises ‘complacent Administration’

    Professor Edley, who worked in the Clinton and Carter Administrations and is now Dean of the Law School at the University of California, Berkeley, added: “I wouldn’t give [Obama] as high a grade as President as I gave him when he was my student. I know he can do better.”

    Mr Emanuel’s willingness to let health reforms slide could condemn Mr Obama to “a caretaker presidency”, Paul Krugman, the Nobel prize-winning economist, has warned.
    "Caretaker"... he's more like the undertaker.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #2
    unstable genius
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,993

    Re: Barack Obama’s former mentor criticises ‘complacent Administration’

    I agree 100%. Obammer is so busy trying not to step on anyone's toes, that he can't accomplish anything. My wife and I were behind the man all through his campaign. Last week we didn't even watch his State of the Union address.

    Political double-talk and promises that I've heard before. He's done nothing. Hell, the bailouts and stimulus were thought up during W's administration.

    Nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  3. #3
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    78,620

    Re: Barack Obama’s former mentor criticises ‘complacent Administration’

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    "Caretaker"... he's more like the undertaker.

    .
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA

  4. #4
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,049

    Re: Barack Obama’s former mentor criticises ‘complacent Administration’

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    I agree 100%. Obammer is so busy trying not to step on anyone's toes, that he can't accomplish anything. My wife and I were behind the man all through his campaign. Last week we didn't even watch his State of the Union address.

    Political double-talk and promises that I've heard before. He's done nothing. Hell, the bailouts and stimulus were thought up during W's administration.

    Nothing.

    Mickey, Mickey.....tsk, tsk.....You and other liberals fell for the hype in the campaign. You fell for the garbage that Obama was the man you'd been waiting for. A blank slate, one that openly said that he was someone that went into it projecting that people could paint on him what ever they wanted to see. And now you complain that he is an empty suit?

    See, you radical libs want him to go further, when it is clear that the majority of the country is screaming STOP!!!! Good Theater though.....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #5
    unstable genius
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,993

    Re: Barack Obama’s former mentor criticises ‘complacent Administration’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Mickey, Mickey.....tsk, tsk.....You and other liberals fell for the hype in the campaign. You fell for the garbage that Obama was the man you'd been waiting for. A blank slate, one that openly said that he was someone that went into it projecting that people could paint on him what ever they wanted to see. And now you complain that he is an empty suit?

    See, you radical libs want him to go further, when it is clear that the majority of the country is screaming STOP!!!! Good Theater though.....


    j-mac
    The alternative at the time was McSame. What's a constituent to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  6. #6
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,049

    Re: Barack Obama’s former mentor criticises ‘complacent Administration’

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    The alternative at the time was McSame. What's a constituent to do?

    I agree we have poor choices right now. At the heart of this IMHO is 'Progressivism'. It has infiltrated BOTH parties and muddled the message.

    We need candidates with clear principles who are not afraid to stand on them.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #7
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 12:18 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,731

    Re: Barack Obama’s former mentor criticises ‘complacent Administration’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I agree we have poor choices right now. At the heart of this IMHO is 'Progressivism'. It has infiltrated BOTH parties and muddled the message.

    We need candidates with clear principles who are not afraid to stand on them.


    j-mac
    About every candidate that runs on Reagan principles wins, a la Scott Brown.

    When will Republicans learn that? They're so busy trying not to get attacked by the media that they forget what most voters want.

  8. #8
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,450
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Barack Obama’s former mentor criticises ‘complacent Administration’

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    The alternative at the time was McSame. What's a constituent to do?
    Look at who is believable.

    Look at where they come from; Ayers, Wright, Rezko aren't the type of people I'd want a family member to associate with, so why would I want the President to?

    Look for experience. Obama had scant experience.

    Look how they got to where they are. Obama was a community organizer/agitator, was brought into Harvard through the back door, won his place in Illinois using hard ball tactics, and was lofted every softball imaginable during 08.

    That's a pretty good start, dontcha think?

    McSame is a Lib; you would have been better off voting for him, but one year of the Wrecking Ball we have and as a lame duck Democrat Party Wrecker for 3-years might have been the better choice... though it didn't seem like we would be gifted like that last November.

    We might have gotten lucky, but at the cost of several trillion for the Grandkids and their Grandkids. They can thank him and his party later.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 02-02-10 at 12:38 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #9
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,450
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Barack Obama’s former mentor criticises ‘complacent Administration’

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    I agree 100%. Obammer is so busy trying not to step on anyone's toes, that he can't accomplish anything. My wife and I were behind the man all through his campaign. Last week we didn't even watch his State of the Union address.

    Political double-talk and promises that I've heard before. He's done nothing. Hell, the bailouts and stimulus were thought up during W's administration.

    Nothing.
    Republicans would be happy with nothing. What we don't like is incompetence, nationalizing industries, smash industries in the mouth, being subservient to outside interests, bending to terrorists and spending like a crack whore with a third grade education that won the lottery.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #10
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,373

    Re: Barack Obama’s former mentor criticises ‘complacent Administration’

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    About every candidate that runs on Reagan principles wins, a la Scott Brown.

    When will Republicans learn that? They're so busy trying not to get attacked by the media that they forget what most voters want.
    Scott Brown is a pro-gay marriage, pro-choice, socially liberal candidate....What "Reagan Principle" did he run under when Reagan was an homophobic, pro-life, socially conservative Republican? Oh wait...I get it. Scott Brown wants to increase the national debt by 18%?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 02-02-10 at 06:48 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •