Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: States Seeking to Ban Mandatory Health Insurance

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: States Seeking to Ban Mandatory Health Insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I don't know. Allowing corporations to pay for politicians to get into office so the only lawmakers we get is whoever the corporations endorse sounds pretty stupid to me.
    I also support the First Amendment, got a problem with that?

  2. #12
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: States Seeking to Ban Mandatory Health Insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    But our political spectrum will only consist of conservatives and liberals until we get rid of plurality elections and allow more proportional representation in our elected political bodies.
    I know. So until then, I favor gridlock.

  3. #13
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: States Seeking to Ban Mandatory Health Insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I also support the First Amendment, got a problem with that?
    I have no problem with free speech. However, I do have a problem with corruption of government by our corporations.

  4. #14
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: States Seeking to Ban Mandatory Health Insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I have no problem with free speech. However, I do have a problem with corruption of government by our corporations.
    And this has what to do with the topic?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: States Seeking to Ban Mandatory Health Insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    http://http://www.foxnews.com/politi...lth-insurance/

    And I thought this was going to be a bad news day. I hope they succeed.
    Further proof that state constitutions aren't worth the paper they are written on, if they can be changed so easily.

  6. #16
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: States Seeking to Ban Mandatory Health Insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I have no problem with free speech. However, I do have a problem with corruption of government by our corporations.

    You say you have a problem with corruption by corporations (when that is a fundamental misunderstanding of the ruling to start with) yet, you mention nothing when it comes to the corruption seen within the demo party right here and now when it comes to this health care debacle. Am I to assume that you turn a blind eye to that?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #17
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: States Seeking to Ban Mandatory Health Insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Further proof that state constitutions aren't worth the paper they are written on, if they can be changed so easily.
    I've seen changed by referendum.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #18
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: States Seeking to Ban Mandatory Health Insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I've seen changed by referendum.

    That should be the case. If there is a fundamental change to be done to any Constitution, States, or Federal it should have to undergo a referendum. Put it to a vote by the people.

    That is why IMHO Roe v Wade will never be allowed to go in that direction, because left to a popular vote to become an amendment Roe would go down so fast it would spin a liberals head.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #19
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: States Seeking to Ban Mandatory Health Insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That should be the case. If there is a fundamental change to be done to any Constitution, States, or Federal it should have to undergo a referendum. Put it to a vote by the people.

    That is why IMHO Roe v Wade will never be allowed to go in that direction, because left to a popular vote to become an amendment Roe would go down so fast it would spin a liberals head.


    j-mac
    The process we have in place to amend the US Constitution is more than adequate. Referendums would be a stupid way to go.

  10. #20
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: States Seeking to Ban Mandatory Health Insurance

    States slashing back...about time.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •