Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 98

Thread: Thousands protest in Tokyo against U.S. military presence in Japan

  1. #71
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Thousands protest in Tokyo against U.S. military presence in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yes. Read American Caesar. Truly awesome book that goes into his life and paints an incredible picture of him. I learned alot that I had never heard. His time in Japan after the war was pretty incredible too.
    I'll keep it on my list. I have so many books I've started and not finished, I cringe at adding another.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #72
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Thousands protest in Tokyo against U.S. military presence in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    Just thinking...but doesn't Japan pay for the base out of their own money?
    I suspect they lease us the land. I doubt they pay the salary for all the military folks that live their, though.

  3. #73
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Thousands protest in Tokyo against U.S. military presence in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    I suspect they lease us the land. I doubt they pay the salary for all the military folks that live their, though.
    from wiki: [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Forces_Japan]United States Forces Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

    The Japanese government paid 217 billion Yen (US$ 2.0 billion) in 2007[3] as annual host-nation support
    I got curious and had to look it up.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Thousands protest in Tokyo against U.S. military presence in Japan

    Hmmm....Japan wants to kick the US, and it's dollars out, does it?

    They'll be all for that...until we start loading the airplanes up and leaving, and someone over there figures out that they'll have to either re-write their Constitution and pay for their own defense, or learn to speak Mandarin.

  5. #75
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Thousands protest in Tokyo against U.S. military presence in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Hmmm....Japan wants to kick the US, and it's dollars out, does it?

    They'll be all for that...until we start loading the airplanes up and leaving, and someone over there figures out that they'll have to either re-write their Constitution and pay for their own defense, or learn to speak Mandarin.
    No, some people in Japan want the US to close down the bases. The Japanese government has done nothing to suggest they want to end the agreement they have with the US. Do try and keep up.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #76
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,425

    Re: Thousands protest in Tokyo against U.S. military presence in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    If the **** hits the fan in Korea, our guys won't be in Korea anymore. They'll likely be nuked, and China will be going nucking futs.

    Your thinking is dated by about 40 years.
    So, you want to take away their nearest combat support based on the probability that they'll be nuked? That's brilliant!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #77
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Thousands protest in Tokyo against U.S. military presence in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you want to take away their nearest combat support based on the probability that they'll be nuked? That's brilliant!!
    Do you know how many countries in that area we have bases in? Bet based on your answer you don't.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Thousands protest in Tokyo against U.S. military presence in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do you know how many countries in that area we have bases in? Bet based on your answer you don't.
    What, you say Apdst is posting without facts? Shockers.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Thousands protest in Tokyo against U.S. military presence in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, some people in Japan want the US to close down the bases. The Japanese government has done nothing to suggest they want to end the agreement they have with the US. Do try and keep up.
    So? Some people in the United States want to surrender to the Muslims. But I don't listen to Democrats, anyway.

    And the United States should continue to keep it's forward base on Okinawa for as long as it's useful to us, since no amount of money can pay for the American blood spilled taking it.

  10. #80
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Thousands protest in Tokyo against U.S. military presence in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    So? Some people in the United States want to surrender to the Muslims. But I don't listen to Democrats, anyway.
    Why are your posts always the turd in the punch bowl? Everyone else was having a decent discussion with informative posts, then you come along.

    Plop.

    Splash!
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •