Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 172

Thread: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

  1. #41
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Whenever the Good Reverend posts, it's always Top Notch and "High Level", as you were.
    I think most people would disagree. Saying we should dump nuclear waste on a major city because you don't agree with their political views just leads to trolling, and doesn't really help lead to intelligent discussion, no matter whether its being dumped on San Francisco or Orange County.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I'd much rather it invest in loans for nuclear power, than green cars and cap and trade. fact is most all of our power companies are government sanctioned monopolies.
    It's the dawn of a new era of bipartisan -- Americans working together to make things better in America.

    Green cars aren't that bad, Rev. Save money on gas, spend it on your kids.

    FYI -- last years breakthroughs on cold fusion -- they're now calling it low-energy nuclear reactions (LENR), I predict are going to change the world. One battery powers your home -- for life. One battery powers your laptop -- for life. Pretty incredible stuff, IMO.

    On the nuclear power plants -- I'm anticipating a blowback those who stand to lose money as more plants go up. Hopefully, pragmatic heads on both sides will prevail.

  3. #43
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    I think most people would disagree. Saying we should dump nuclear waste on a major city because you don't agree with their political views just leads to trolling, and doesn't really help lead to intelligent discussion, no matter whether its being dumped on San Francisco or Orange County.




    Or you could know the greatness by now given 31K+ of near perfect posts, that he was teasing.... Take the stick out of your butt and lighten up.



    Just so you know. I am not for dumping nuclear waste on San Fransisco..... I hope this clears things up for you...
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #44
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    It's the dawn of a new era of bipartisan -- Americans working together to make things better in America.

    Green cars aren't that bad, Rev. Save money on gas, spend it on your kids.

    FYI -- last years breakthroughs on cold fusion -- they're now calling it low-energy nuclear reactions (LENR), I predict are going to change the world. One battery powers your home -- for life. One battery powers your laptop -- for life. Pretty incredible stuff, IMO.

    On the nuclear power plants -- I'm anticipating a blowback those who stand to lose money as more plants go up. Hopefully, pragmatic heads on both sides will prevail.



    One idea is not "new era".... and green cars are bad for the environment...


    Tell me about batteries and how we have to dispose them,.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #45
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    A setback for the anti-nukers is long long overdue. This country needs the power plants and an upgraded energy grid.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #46
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    .

    FYI -- last years breakthroughs on cold fusion -- they're now calling it low-energy nuclear reactions (LENR)
    Any links to that?.... it's one of my many interests.

    (this wouldn't be DR. Buzzard's work would it?)
    Last edited by Crunch; 01-30-10 at 06:42 PM.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    One idea is not "new era".... and green cars are bad for the environment...


    Tell me about batteries and how we have to dispose them,.
    It's not an idea -- it's a new version of cold fusion they're having some success with. There was a story on 60 minutes a while back.

    The point about these batteries is they don't run out of power. Meaning every electronic item will come with it's own unlimited energy supply.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Any links to that?.... it's one of my many interests.

    (this wouldn't be DR. Buzzard's work would it?)
    Google LENR -- low energy nuclear reaction.

    There was a story on 60 minutes a while back.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Google LENR -- low energy nuclear reaction.

    There was a story on 60 minutes a while back.
    I found this.

    New Energy Times - CBS TV's "60 Minutes" Turns Up the Heat

  10. #50
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    So we're going to use another depletable energy source that we mostly import, but this time the by product is extremely toxic? Great.

    Mining for uranium is quite pretty too btw considering it's very volume intensive.

    Did anyone know the U.S. imports 92 percent of our uranium? Kind of reminds me of oil.


    one of the biggest misconceptions about nuclear power at the moment is this: It will end our energy dependence foreigners. The truth is it will not. That's the dirty little secret most people don't know about nuclear power in the United States these days.

    Trends I'm Watching: U.S. Imports 92% of Uranium for Nuclear Power
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 01-30-10 at 11:44 PM.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •