Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 172

Thread: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Environmetalist will fight this and them cutting money to the dems could change Obama.

  2. #32
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Environmetalist will fight this and them cutting money to the dems could change Obama.
    Anything can change Obama....... the slightest breeze can change his direction.

    But if it does..... it will be just one more failure in a long line of failure in this administration.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  3. #33
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Environmetalist will fight this and them cutting money to the dems could change Obama.
    I don't think they'll fight it that much. Sure, some will be opposed...but a lot of environmentalists have actually come around to supporting nuclear power.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #34
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    What needs to be done is make the environmentalists that file law suits to stop the construction of these plants pay damages if the suits fail... that's what killed the nuclear industry last time.

    Good job Barry, he finally is trying to do something right.
    Nuclear obstructionists are placed in Gitmo for ten years with their mouth taped, while we built 100 new nuke plants.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    I don't think they'll fight it that much. Sure, some will be opposed...but a lot of environmentalists have actually come around to supporting nuclear power.
    I think they already are showing themselves


    Obama's call for nuclear power plants angers supporters - Green House - USATODAY.com

    President Obama's call Wednesday, in his State of the Union Address, for a "new generation of safe, clean nuclear power plants" was panned by some environmentalists and Democratic backers.

    Move.org, a progressive advocacy group, asked 10,000 members to rate how they felt -- from awful to great -- during President Obama's State of the Union address Wednesday. They more most upset when he called for new nuclear power plants and offshore oil drilling.

    It was considered the worst part of his 71-minute speech by 10,000 members of MoveOn, a non-profit progressive advoacy group that has raised millions of dollars for Democratic political candidates. They had signed up to evaluate the speech live and every few seconds would hit a button to reflect how they felt about it, ranging from "awful" to "great."

    "The most definitive drop in enthusiasm is when President Obama talked about nuclear power and offshore drilling," says Ilyse Hogue, MoveOn's director of political advocacy. "They're looking for clean energy sources that prioritize wind and solar."

    Greenpeace, an environmental group, was also disappointed.

  6. #36
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I think they already are showing themselves


    Obama's call for nuclear power plants angers supporters - Green House - USATODAY.com

    President Obama's call Wednesday, in his State of the Union Address, for a "new generation of safe, clean nuclear power plants" was panned by some environmentalists and Democratic backers.

    Move.org, a progressive advocacy group, asked 10,000 members to rate how they felt -- from awful to great -- during President Obama's State of the Union address Wednesday. They more most upset when he called for new nuclear power plants and offshore oil drilling.

    It was considered the worst part of his 71-minute speech by 10,000 members of MoveOn, a non-profit progressive advoacy group that has raised millions of dollars for Democratic political candidates. They had signed up to evaluate the speech live and every few seconds would hit a button to reflect how they felt about it, ranging from "awful" to "great."

    "The most definitive drop in enthusiasm is when President Obama talked about nuclear power and offshore drilling," says Ilyse Hogue, MoveOn's director of political advocacy. "They're looking for clean energy sources that prioritize wind and solar."

    Greenpeace, an environmental group, was also disappointed.
    I say we gather all 10,000 of them together and give them a choice. They can either support more nuke plants, or they can sit in sweatshops riding bicycle powered generators. Very simple.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #37
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I say we gather all 10,000 of them together and give them a choice. They can either support more nuke plants, or they can sit in sweatshops riding bicycle powered generators. Very simple.
    And live in a cave, without any benefits of our modern society for the 4 hours a day they aren't peddling those bikes.. works for me.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  8. #38
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    And live in a cave, without any benefits of our modern society for the 4 hours a day they aren't peddling those bikes.. works for me.
    Nah, they get UHC from American doctors that support it.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #39
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Nah, they get UHC from American doctors that support it.
    They're doomed.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  10. #40
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Obama Said to Seek $54 Billion in Nuclear-Power Loans

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    They're doomed.
    They get paid the same as a Chinese in a sweatshop.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •