Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 158

Thread: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    No I'm not. If a person believes abortion is murder, and I have heard many people on the pro-life side make that very claim, then those people should be doing everything in their power to stop those murders.
    There are actual murders being committed at this very moment. Murders that either one of us could probably stop, if we were so inclined. Does that make you a hypocrite because you're sitting at your computer instead of stopping crime?

  2. #42
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    There are actual murders being committed at this very moment. Murders that either one of us could probably stop, if we were so inclined. Does that make you a hypocrite because you're sitting at your computer instead of stopping crime?
    No not at all. Because I don't know where those murderers are. I suppose I could randomly ride around and hope I stumble upon one. The odds of that seem pretty slim though don't you think?

    Abortion doctors however have clinics and offices which are accessible to the public. You can find them online and in the phone book. Or you can just ask at your local hospital or clinic. You can even walk right through the front door of the office of a so called "murderer".

    Seems pretty easy to me.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  3. #43
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Tiller was a murderer as was the man who killed him. I am very pro-life and I support the ruling that this man was found guilty with murder. Killing a murderer isn't for us to do (although self defense is another thing).

  4. #44
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Tiller was a murderer as was the man who killed him. I am very pro-life and I support the ruling that this man was found guilty with murder. Killing a murderer isn't for us to do (although self defense is another thing).
    Why is it wrong to kill a murderer? Especially one that has killed hundreds if not thousands of babies and will continue to do so. How is that not defending the life of a child?
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    Why is it wrong to kill a murderer? Especially one that has killed hundreds if not thousands of babies and will continue to do so. How is that not defending the life of a child?
    Biblically speaking it is wrong to kill a murderer because it is not our jurisdiction to do so. In the Bible it says justice and vengeance belong to God, not to us. If someone commits a murder it isn't for anyone to go up and assume that they have the right to bring justice upon him through ending his life. The best thing to do would be to get the state to recognize what this man is doing is murder and allowing the law to punish him accordingly.

  6. #46
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    Verdict reached in abortion slaying trial - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

    He's been found guilty of first degree murder. good.

    Good indeed. Finally something went right in my home state!
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  7. #47
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Biblically speaking it is wrong to kill a murderer because it is not our jurisdiction to do so. In the Bible it says justice and vengeance belong to God, not to us. If someone commits a murder it isn't for anyone to go up and assume that they have the right to bring justice upon him through ending his life. The best thing to do would be to get the state to recognize what this man is doing is murder and allowing the law to punish him accordingly.
    Well the laws of the US allow a person to use deadly force to defend their life or the life of another. The bible, while a powerful religious text, does not decide whether or not homicide is justifiable in the US. Only our laws do that.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  8. #48
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    Well the laws of the US allow a person to use deadly force to defend their life or the life of another. The bible, while a powerful religious text, does not decide whether or not homicide is justifiable in the US. Only our laws do that.
    The Bible permits self defense and war as an act of defense. It teaches to be merciful, but if someone is trying to murder you it is acceptable to use deadly force. The best way to defend the unborn would be to talk the mothers who are seeking to murder their child and persuade them not to. However, we can't make choices for people.

  9. #49
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    This guy deserves capital punishment. What he did was abhorrent even if he did murder a evil SOB who performed late term abortions.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  10. #50
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    The Bible permits self defense and war as an act of defense. It teaches to be merciful, but if someone is trying to murder you it is acceptable to use deadly force. The best way to defend the unborn would be to talk the mothers who are seeking to murder their child and persuade them not to. However, we can't make choices for people.
    Well I agree with you there. Talking people out of abortions via counseling or whatever we want to call it is a wonderful idea.

    Unfortunately some people still call abortion doctors "baby killers" and "murderers". If those people really believe that claim then it seems to me they should be doing a lot more to stop abortions than just counseling or standing on a street corner holding up a placard.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •