Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 158

Thread: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

  1. #111
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I think we should start a club.
    Wikipedia list 43 prolife organizations.

    Category:Pro-life organizations in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Hehe, no-no. I mean we should start a "I'm with Jerry" club. I sent you an invite...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/groups/m-jerry-one.html

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    That's probably true. I don't espouse perfect consistency. I'm totally willing to admit when my position comes from emotion, which is why I would never advocate it as policy, instead, I reserve and acknowledge it as my biased opinion.

    Good riddance, Tiller! Ya sick bastard...
    Well you are doing better than most. You are being honest and I can respect that.

    I, personally, think the world is better off without Tiller, too. My personal feelings on the matter are irrelevant, however.

    You're still the hottest DP'er I know.

  4. #114
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    Actually that is my point. If abortion doctors are not murderers then why shouldn't abortions remain legal? Which means our abortion laws should not be changed and Roe versus Wade was the correct decision.
    Uh, what? Since when does something have to be murder before we can place restrictions on it?

    Government places restrictions on or otherwise outlaws thousands of things, few of which are designed to prevent murder.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    That's probably true. I don't espouse perfect consistency. I'm totally willing to admit when my position comes from emotion, which is why I would never advocate it as policy, instead, I reserve and acknowledge it as my biased opinion.

    Good riddance, Tiller! Ya sick bastard...
    My thoughts exactly.

    I would never support vigilantism as policy, but that I could see some far off exotic scenario where I would knowingly and willing brake those laws anyway.

    You know those women who say that they would abort even if the ZEF were legally a "person"? That's where my mind is here. Unlike pro-choice, however, I'm not claiming "they're going to do it anyway so make assassination legal".
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-31-10 at 06:59 PM.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Well you are doing better than most. You are being honest and I can respect that.

    I, personally, think the world is better off without Tiller, too. My personal feelings on the matter are irrelevant, however.

    You're still the hottest DP'er I know.
    Indeed. I am honest as well as attractive, that much is certainly true...

  7. #117
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Uh, what? Since when does something have to be murder before we can place restrictions on it?

    Government places restrictions on or otherwise outlaws thousands of things, few of which are designed to prevent murder.
    I never said abortion should have no restrictions. I said our abortion laws should remain as they are. And there are definitely already restrictions on abortions.

    I also stated Roe v Wade was the correct decision. The court decided to place restrictions on abortions after the fetus was "viable". Even the 2 dissenting Justices (I don't remember who) ruled that the abortion issue should remain with the states. Even the dissenters didn't attempt to define when life begins.

    EDIT: I went back and checked my posts to make sure I never said abortions should not have restrictions. I can't find it. That is not a position I have ever taken.
    Last edited by Winnb; 01-31-10 at 08:11 PM.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  8. #118
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    I never said abortion should have no restrictions. I said our abortion laws should remain as they are. And there are definitely already restrictions on abortions.

    I also stated Roe v Wade was the correct decision. The court decided to place restrictions on abortions after the fetus was "viable". Even the 2 dissenting Justices (I don't remember who) ruled that the abortion issue should remain with the states. Even the dissenters didn't attempt to define when life begins.

    EDIT: I went back and checked my posts to make sure I never said abortions should not have restrictions. I can't find it. That is not a position I have ever taken.
    My point is that there are plenty of things that are illegal that don't involve murderers.

    You said:

    If abortion doctors are not murderers then why shouldn't abortions remain legal?
    Using your logic:

    The drug dealer on my corner is not a murderer, why should drugs remain illegal?
    The prostitute on my corner is not a murderer, why should prostitution remain illegal?
    The tax cheat down my hall is not a murderer, why should tax fraud remain illegal?

    etc.

    The fact that abortion is not murder is not proof that it should be legal. It's simply proof that it's not murder.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #119
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    My point is that there are plenty of things that are illegal that don't involve murderers.

    You said:



    Using your logic:

    The drug dealer on my corner is not a murderer, why should drugs remain illegal?
    The prostitute on my corner is not a murderer, why should prostitution remain illegal?
    The tax cheat down my hall is not a murderer, why should tax fraud remain illegal?

    etc.

    The fact that abortion is not murder is not proof that it should be legal. It's simply proof that it's not murder.
    Ah. Fair enough. And no, I'm certainly not in favor of legalizing everything just because nobody gets killed doing it.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Verdict reached in Kan. abortion slaying trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    And no, I'm certainly not in favor of legalizing everything just because nobody gets killed doing it.
    Mmmmm, I don't know. I think you might be...

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •