Page 97 of 104 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1038

Thread: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

  1. #961
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,229

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And easy to report and punish, again, making it something unlikely to happen often. It is even less likely than an advance made against female service members. Adults handle these things, right?
    You were in the service and I'm sure you saw just as many adults do stupid **** as I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  2. #962
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You were in the service and I'm sure you saw just as many adults do stupid **** as I did.
    That's true. See it in the civilian world as well. But that's no excuse to expect less than adult behavior, is it?

  3. #963
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,672
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You were in the service and I'm sure you saw just as many adults do stupid **** as I did.
    So what you are saying is that stupid behavior has nothing to do with orientation, which is something I agree with. We should not make policy based on the fact that stupid people will be stupid.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  4. #964
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,229

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's true. See it in the civilian world as well. But that's no excuse to expect less than adult behavior, is it?
    It's not, but I think we both know that there ar people that can't/won't live up to those expectations and neither gender, nor sexual orientation exempts anyone from not meeting the standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  5. #965
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,229

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So what you are saying is that stupid behavior has nothing to do with orientation, which is something I agree with. We should not make policy based on the fact that stupid people will be stupid.
    Unfortunately, we're talking about an orginization that depends on a minimum of stupidity to remain functional. In the case of th military, I think we must base policies on the propensity of people to act stupid. When there were no co-ed units in the military, rapes and sexual harrassment were virtually non-existant.

    It's a fact, that allowing gays to serve openly in the military that we will see an increase in sexual harrassment and EO charges. Like it, or not, it's going to happen. IMO, our service members have more important tasks to perform, than to deal with all that bull****.

    When I was in the service, I knew senior NCO's that spent more time dealing with all that crap than they did leading and training their troops.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  6. #966
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-23-18 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,409

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's a fact, that allowing gays to serve openly in the military that we will see an increase in sexual harrassment and EO charges. Like it, or not, it's going to happen. IMO, our service members have more important tasks to perform, than to deal with all that bull****
    Yay, for completely unsubstantiated assumptions!

    Do you think putting the words "it's a fact" before you say something actually makes it a fact?

    I love to listening people make arguments that prejudice should determine issues of national security.

  7. #967
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's not, but I think we both know that there ar people that can't/won't live up to those expectations and neither gender, nor sexual orientation exempts anyone from not meeting the standard.
    I would suggest those are the people we don't need.

  8. #968
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,672
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Unfortunately, we're talking about an orginization that depends on a minimum of stupidity to remain functional. In the case of th military, I think we must base policies on the propensity of people to act stupid. When there were no co-ed units in the military, rapes and sexual harrassment were virtually non-existant.

    It's a fact, that allowing gays to serve openly in the military that we will see an increase in sexual harrassment and EO charges. Like it, or not, it's going to happen. IMO, our service members have more important tasks to perform, than to deal with all that bull****.

    When I was in the service, I knew senior NCO's that spent more time dealing with all that crap than they did leading and training their troops.
    You would only see an increase in sexual harassment charges if gays are more likely to commit sexual harassment, which I don't believe is true, and I am sure you cannot prove.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  9. #969
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,229

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Yay, for completely unsubstantiated assumptions!

    Do you think putting the words "it's a fact" before you say something actually makes it a fact?


    Ok, when the military created co-ed units, did sexual harrassment incidents rise? They did, didn't they?

    The same thing will happen with the abolition of DADT.

    I love to listening people make arguments that prejudice should determine issues of national security.
    What I love even more, is listening to people who think that political correctness and social experiments are more important than a functional military that is able to defend our nation, with as little combat loss as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  10. #970
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    02-14-18 @ 11:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What I love even more, is listening to people who think that political correctness and social experiments are more important than a functional military that is able to defend our nation, with as little combat loss as possible.
    Men women and gays seem to do fine serving together in the JDF.

Page 97 of 104 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •