Page 9 of 104 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 1038

Thread: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    1. Sodomy =/= Gay

    2. I'm curious, apdst, how often do you have sex while on the job?

    I wouldn't want to see two guys sucking face while I was at work.......*PUKE*

  2. #82
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    I wouldn't want to see two guys sucking face while I was at work.......*PUKE*
    As far as that goes, PDA, while in uniform is a violation of military regulations, regardless of gender or sexual preference. Just shows how silly some folks can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #83
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Here's the only thing you need to know.



    Sodomy is a crime in the military, according to the UCMJ. The president doesn't have the authroity to order military officers to ignore the articles of the UCMJ. You should know this what with your service.

    You spoke in another post of, "regulations", prohibiting gays from serving in the military. It's not DoD regulations that prevent it, it's the UCMJ that prevents it.

    PBO can't change this law, just like he couldn't change the law making murder illegal. If he could, he would have already done it.
    Again, read the provided information, and actually show where it is wrong. You have completely failed to do so. You have shown no supporting facts to back your position. Big hint: you can currently be discharged under DADT without committing sodomy. Further, if you are going to start prosecuting sodomy, most strait people in the military would have trouble too.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #84
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    "Don't ask, don't tell", was a smart way to deal with the gay problem, I see no reason to change that policy......
    There is no "gay problem" in the military.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #85
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Again, read the provided information, and actually show where it is wrong. You have completely failed to do so. You have shown no supporting facts to back your position. Big hint: you can currently be discharged under DADT without committing sodomy. Further, if you are going to start prosecuting sodomy, most strait people in the military would have trouble too.
    Gay soldiers are discharged under Article 125. Were you really in the service? You should already know this stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    There is no "gay problem" in the military.
    Sure there is......

  7. #87
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Have you given any thought to what you're going to do when soldiers demand seperate billets because they don't want to bunk with soldiers of a different sexual preference?
    Their request will be denied. And they will abide by that decision or they will be disciplined.

    These excuses are exactly the same excuses given when desegregation was being discussed. They just don't hold up.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  8. #88
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    Sure there is......
    Explain please.

    Gays already serve in the military. They've been serving for hundreds of years around the world. How are they a problem?
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  9. #89
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, my sex life is neither the subject here, nor any of your ****ing business.
    Actually, it's entirely pertinent to your argument.

    You're evidently convinced that gay people hump like bunnies at every opportunity, even while on the job in the military. To back up your support of DADT, you used the argument that sodomy is illegal in the military. The use of this as your argument reveals that you equate sodomy with homosexuals ONLY.

    But the real world doesn't turn that way.

    So. I'm asking you to verify for us how often straight people hump like bunnies at every opportunity, even while on the job in the military.

    Once we have a baseline reading of incidents of straight sex on the job, we can then properly judge/prosecute all those icky, perverted gay soldiers.


  10. #90
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    Their request will be denied. And they will abide by that decision or they will be disciplined.
    LOL...another one that has no clue how the military works.

    These excuses are exactly the same excuses given when desegregation was being discussed. They just don't hold up.
    No, these aren't the same ones. In the military, you cannot force males and females to share billets. That same regulation gives gay soldiers the right to insist on seperate billets and vice-versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 9 of 104 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •