Page 83 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 1038

Thread: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

  1. #821
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    My active duty was more recent than yours, so it's more relevant(did you know I was in junior high school when you retired?). Or course, my service is actually for the most part irrelevant, and yours too. Neither of us knows what the troops today think from personal experience.
    I am sure you have heard that when you make chief its for life...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #822
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I was aboard a carrier this morning and had breakfast in the Chiefs quarters and discussed DADT with several of my fellow chiefs and to a man they said they can not speak for other services but it won't work for the Navy.........
    I doubt this, but even if true, it's not their call. We all have to deal with things we don't want. Being an adult is dealing with it.

  3. #823
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am sure you have heard that when you make chief its for life...........
    And if I met you in real life, I would probably call you "chief"...or "senior" or whatever is appropriate. However, that has nothing to do with the attitudes of most people in the military.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #824
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I was aboard a carrier this morning and had breakfast in the Chiefs quarters and discussed DADT with several of my fellow chiefs and to a man they said they can not speak for other services but it won't work for the Navy.........
    And again, this does not mean much. Most people in the navy are not chiefs, and in fact are much younger. Younger people have a much more relaxed attitude towards gays. Anecdotal evidence is not worth a whole lot.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #825
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    He was careful to say that it was his own personal opinion, not an official one.



    Please stop yammering about lefties and libs. This is not about ideology, nor do you know mine very well.
    I can't help it......I am sorry it bothers you to be called a lefty when that is what you are, in fact, from what I have seen on your posts you are about as far to the left as DD, and I never thought I would see that after 26 champs was banned in 2005...........

    The president say **** and senior officers drop their pants, squat and say where..........Off the record they might have a different opinion................You would know that if you ever served
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #826
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I'm not surprised that you completely and totally miss the point.

    Do you think it would be okay for the Navy to ban Catholics from service? No? Why not?
    So your not making the comparison of gays and catholics... Why don't you quit while your only losing by a little bit......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #827
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I doubt this, but even if true, it's not their call. We all have to deal with things we don't want. Being an adult is dealing with it.
    You calling me a Liar...did you read the rules of the forum before you started running your mouth.......You can be banned........Since your calling names I am done with you now........Save the energy and don't respond to my posts anymore......You won't geet and answer.......Grow up..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #828
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You calling me a Liar...did you read the rules of the forum before you started running your mouth.......You can be banned........Since your calling names I am done with you now........Save the energy and don't respond to my posts anymore......You won't geet and answer.......Grow up..........
    I said I doubt it. I do. However, I didn't call you anything. But it doesn't matter. As I said:

    . . . even if true, it's not their call. We all have to deal with things we don't want. Being an adult is dealing with it.

  9. #829
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And if I met you in real life, I would probably call you "chief"...or "senior" or whatever is appropriate. However, that has nothing to do with the attitudes of most people in the military.
    The point is if your a CPO its for life......Every chief in that chief quarters that knew me called me chief..........I will die as a chief and my ashes will be spread on the Pacific Ocean as a Chief, just like I did when I was on active duty for my fellow chiefs who had passed away........

    I disagree Redress the opinion of those chiefs are very important.......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #830
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And again, this does not mean much. Most people in the navy are not chiefs, and in fact are much younger. Younger people have a much more relaxed attitude towards gays. Anecdotal evidence is not worth a whole lot.


    As I did when I was young and inexperienced....I was very liberal......As I grew older and wiser, got married, had children . I put away my childish beliefs and pick up beliefs that were more based on morals and on my creator......You may not but most people change............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 83 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •