Page 79 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1038

Thread: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

  1. #781
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Thank you I think for the first part but how can you say I am wrong on the issue.......R U and authority on it.......Sorry but you were on 1 ship a floating city with all the comforts of home.....With all respect you have no clue what its like on those destroyers that are in your screen and you can barely see them when your on the flight deck .......you were attached to and air wing that joined with the ship on deployment and left it on return............I am not saying there is no problem with lesbians aboard ship but it is not frowned upon like gay men.........In fact a lot of men think its a joke and get a kick out of it...In fact we used to watch Lesbian movies in the Chiefs Quarters..........I don't say that is right but that is the way it is........
    Ah, we used to love people like you. We could have them searching for hours for the bowling alley. Sorry Navy, but a carrier's space is mostly taken up by things related to either storage for supplies needed by 6k people, or by stuff for aircraft. I still slept in a coffin rack, still had no space, our shop was 10 x 8 feet, with the overhead sloped so you could only stand in half of it. The only thing all that size did for us is make getting from one end of the ship to the other take longer.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #782
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    But I do use my service experience to back up what its like.....
    Correction: What it WAS like. You haven't seen active duty for two or three decades, isn't that right?

  3. #783
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Hey Navy,

    Are you going to ignore this forever?

    How are these 2 situations NOT similar:

    1) Sailor Sam has to cover for Sailor Sally because she is pregnant.

    2) Sailors Sam, Sally, Steve, Scott and Seth have to go on a mission designed for 6, with only 5, because the Navy kicked sailor Samantha out for being gay. There is no immediate replacement with Samantha's level of training and experience. Oh yeah, sailor Samantha was the squad leader.


    Do you think kicking trained, experienced men and women out of the service has a negative impact on those left behind?
    If sailor samantha broke the law then he should be gone.......I don't care if he is the captain of the ship and oh by the way I have seen a case where the Commanding officer of a ship was relieved for fraternizing with sailors in his crew..........They were discharged to..........

    You see the military is operated by a set of laws......Its called the UCMJ......Violated them and your
    punished.................

    I really don't like the comparisons between gays and a female pregnancy though...........

    Glad you back by the way..........Missed ya........
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 02-04-10 at 06:44 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #784
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If sailor samantha broke the law then he should be gone.......I don't care if he is the captain of the ship and oh by the way I have seen a case where the Commanding officer of a ship was relieved for fraternizing with sailors in his crew..........They were ischarged to..........

    You see the military is operated by a set of laws......Its called the UCMJ......Violated them and your p unished.................

    Glad you back by the way..........Missed ya........
    You're hiding behind it being "against the law". Why are you dancing around this? Do you think kicking sailor Samantha out has a negative effect on those sailors she leaves behind? Or not?

    Does that mean that when they repeal that law that you would support it?

    I really don't like the comparisons between gays and a female pregnancy though...........
    Why? Both leave holes in the readiness, don't they?
    Last edited by ADK_Forever; 02-04-10 at 06:47 PM.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  5. #785
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Correction: What it WAS like. You haven't seen active duty for two or three decades, isn't that right?
    I am so tired of repeating myself..........Please go back and read the posts before you butt in.........it will help..........
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 02-04-10 at 06:49 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #786
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    You're hiding behind it being "against the law". Why are you dancing around this? Do you think kicking sailor Samantha out has a negative effect on those sailors she leaves behind? Or not?

    Does that mean that when they repeal that law that you would support it?

    Why? Both leave holes in the readiness, don't they?

    Yes but if you kick someone out for making unwanted advances, its not the same thing..........You take up the slack for the person gone but you hold no malice against the pregnant woman but I can not say the same for the gay guy that made the unwanted advances..........

    We would have to see what it is like.....I would predict there would be a lot of problems in the navy and it might erode the very core of the service.......I think there will be a mass exodus of senior officers and chiefs.....I hope I am wrong because I would hate to see that in the Navy I love........I think there will be violence against gays........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #787
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    Well, the Army saw fit to put me into command and is deploying me to war for a third time to lead soldiers in combat. Probably good evidence that I'm not soup.

    I think you get so upset because we are both vets and I simply disagree with you on this issue. I'm not getting emotional about it. I'm the one that has to deal with DADT, not you. It's pretty easy to throw beer cans from the peanut gallery. You are not in the military anymore. You don't know these kids coming in the military like I know them. I'm telling you, people are different these days. I really don't think it's going to be that big of a deal. Primarily because any gay Soldiers I have now probably won't come out. And if they do, I'm pretty confident they will be left alone. I will ensure their safety, just like any other Soldier; so in that regard, I am a good leader. I do my best, because I care about these great young Americans...gay or not. It's my job to train them and take care of them. I do that.
    No offense, brother, but you're an officer. You don't know your boys as well as you think you do.

  8. #788
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    But I do use my service experience to back up what its like.....Otherwise I would not know like you.....You have no clue because you haven't experienced it...........Everyone should serve and spend 90 days at sea on a navy destroyer, then I would have more respect for their opinion..........Bring the draft back............
    I was subject to the draft and served my country, in a non-military role, but served my country none the less. My brother was on an aircraft carrier and my Dad was a tank Commander with the 13 Armored Division(do you know how cozy it was in one the WWII tanks?)

    As I understand it, Redress served honorably. As did many others who have a different perspective on gays in the military than yourself. I'm not real sure what your problem is with gays in the military. Wouldn't any type of sexual misconduct result in diciplinary action, regardless of sexual orientation?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #789
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am so tired of repeatting myself..........Please go back and read the posts before you butt in.........it will help..........
    I've read that you retired in 1977. And that you retired 21 years ago. Oh yeah, you also told us that you retired in 1998.

    Thus far, you've refused to give an honest response.

    What you have done is continually insist that you - a guy that hasn't served in decades - know everything about life in today's military, while dismissing out of hand the informed comments from people who actually ARE serving today.

    Pathetic.

  10. #790
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Yes but if you kick someone out for making unwanted advances, its not the same thing..........You take up the slack for the person gone but you hold no malice against the pregnant woman but I can not say the same for the gay guy that made the unwanted advances..........
    Huh? Where did that come from? Are you assuming that gays have to "make an unwanted advance" on someone to get kicked out?

    So, there is slack when someone gets kicked out. How is that good for the service?

    We would have to see what it is like.....I would predict there would be a lot of problems in the navy and it might erode the very core of the service.......I think there will be a mass exodus of senior officers and chiefs.....I hope I am wrong because I would hate to see that in the Navy I love........I think there will be violence against gays........
    Don't you think your sailor buddies are a little tougher than falling apart, letting the Navy go to hell?

    If all service men/women are "ordered" to accept gays and lesbians... won't they obey those orders?

    As far as that "mass exodus": It hasn't happened in other countries who made this move. I suspect our military is tougher than all of them and we will lose hardly any.

    Thanks for hanging in there Navy.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

Page 79 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •